IslamicTeachings.org

The Qur’an: A Great Source of Blessing

ummtaalib

By Abu Muhammad Yusuf

The Qur’an is indeed a great miracle and source of blessing. The month of Ramadhan, also known as the month of Quran, is a time that many Muslims rejuvenate their faith and take heed of the truth sent by Allah in the Qur’an unto mankind.  Allah says;

“This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon (the pious and righteous persons)” (Qu’an- Al-Baqarah, Verse 2)

A true miracle, manifestation of excellence, beautiful composition, wonderful coherence, accuracy in narration in both past and future events...It can only be The Qur’an- The Word of Allah and The Final Testament to Humanity. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) is reported to have said:

“Certainly there is always a thing in which people take pride and that which is glory and pride for my Ummah is the Qur’an” (Hadith- Hiyah)

Definitely words can never describe or even reveal the wisdom of this Great Book. It is the masterpiece of Allah Ta’ala Himself. The Qur'an is miraculous in a many aspects: It’s linguistic perfection and inimitability, its validation by recent historical, archaeological, and scientific discoveries, its prophecies and so on. The miracle of the Qur'an is eternal and many critics have embraced its message after carefully reading it.

In fact the like of the Qur’an can never be matched. Allah Ta’ala Himself declares;

“If mankind and the jinn were to gather together to produce the like of this Quran, they could never produce the like thereof, even if they backed up one another.” (Quran 17:88)

In it is a solution and guidance for all of Humanity. Allah Ta’ala says;

“This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”(Quran Al-Baqarah 2:2)

Qur’an is the source of all greatness and honour. Life without the Quran is like vegetation without water. Quran is a source of true healing and mercy. Allah says:

“And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing ..” (Quran Al-Isra’ 17:82)

The Qur’an heals the heart and the soul. Whenever despair or anguish is inflicted on a person, his solace and comfort is surely found in the Qur’an. It is the guide for those at a loss, it is light in times of darkness. The Quran is a companion in solitude and isolation. The more it is recited, the sweeter it gets. It is the source of strength and truth. Allah says:

"Verily, this Quran guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward (Paradise)." (Quran’ Al-Isra 17:9)

For this reason we see that many of the Pious Predecessors exerted themselves in the recitation of the Qur’an. Some would complete recitation of the whole Quran in three days. Others would recite it in seven or ten days as they realised its value.

Sometime we are so engrossed in the pursuit of our material objectives that we neglect the recitation of this great source of blessing. In its recitation there will always be benefit whether we truly comprehend the meaning of it or not.

An old man lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Qur’an. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could. One day the grandson asked, "Papa, I try to read the Qur’an just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I
close the book. What good does reading the Qur’an do?"

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water." The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, “You’ll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again. At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into the river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.

Out of breath, he said, "See Papa, it's useless!" So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket." The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

"Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur’an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives."

Truly the benefits of reading the Qur’an are immense and in this month of Ramadhan we should make a firm decision to make the recitation of the Qur’an a essential part of our daily diet which will Insha –Allah pave our path to eternal happiness.

May Allah Ta’ala guide us to recite, appreciate and understand the true wisdom of the Qur’an and may He bless our hearts with the true noor(light) of the Qu’an…Ameen

EISLAM

• Like 2