IslamicTeachings.org

Remember the Ummah in your Duas

Special Dua for the Ummah

Many of us want to make dua for the Ummah but we dont know how to go about it the right way. To make this easy on us all I thought to add some dua for the Ummah here so that we can include these in our daily dua qouta. These dua are taken from Qootul Quloob and Munajaat e Maqbool, they are easy to read, short and concise and come with some very heavy virtues. The dua are presented here so that myself and the reader can easily access them and utilize them. We are also from among the Ummah so when we make these dua we are included in them also.

(source: @LoveDurood)

(Click on pictures to enlarge)

Munajaat_Maqbool_2.jpg

Munajaat_Maqbool_1.jpg

Edited by Acacia
Website no longer available. Link to twitter handle provided instead.
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

The Billowing Smoke Of Gaza

Gaza-1-600x160.jpg

Adapted from

idealwoman.org

While the Muslims in the west continue to enjoy the bounties of the worldly life, their brothers in Gaza, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Nigeria, Yemen, Algeria, Somalia and many other countries continue to taste the bitter realities of life.

The Muslim countries and cities seem to be like defenceless prey devoured by blood thirsty predators.  It was Kandahar, Baghdad, Fallujah, Sana and Mogadishu yesterday.  Today it is Aleppo and Gaza.

Gaza has faced more than 950 airstrikes in the past 150 hours.  That is approximately one missile strike every ten minutes.

This is nothing new.  The Muslims of Gaza have been oppressed for decades.  Many children were born and died living their 50-60 years oppressed.  They saw, inhaled and consumed oppression.

It is a miracle that these men and women of Gaza opted to lay down their lives instead of their Aqīdah.  Imān was more beloved to them than their blood.  The eternal gardens with flowing rivers and fruit laden trees were in their sight.  They entered the doors of history with their lives.  Their names were forever engraved on the earth with their blood.

We encourage all to remember our oppressed brothers,  sisters and children.  Help them in anyway one can- financially, verbally, physically or emotionally.  Beseech Allah Azza Wa Jalla to help our brothers and sisters.  Certainly victory is from Allah and victory is but an hour of patience.

May Allah help our oppressed brothers and sisters.  We beg Allah to save our brothers from the Fir’aun of this time  just as he saved Musa alayhis salaam from the Fir’aun of his time.  Ameen.

With Compliments~Darulfiqh.com

• Like 1

• Dawah Team

:jazak:

Special Dua for the Ummah

Many of us want to make dua for the Ummah but we dont know how to go about it the right way. To make this easy on us all I thought to add some dua for the Ummah here so that we can include these in our daily dua qouta. These dua are taken from Qootul Quloob and Munajaat e Maqbool, they are easy to read, short and concise and come with some very heavy virtues. The dua are presented here so that myself and the reader can easily access them and utilize them. We are also from among the Ummah so when we make these dua we are included in them also.

(source: @LoveDurood)

(Click on pictures to enlarge)

attachicon.gifMunajaat_Maqbool_2.jpg

attachicon.gifMunajaat_Maqbool_1.jpg

Ameen.

Edited by Acacia
Website no longer available. Link to twitter handle provided instead.

Below are letters sent to the Syrian Sisters…

Letter-to-My-Sister-With-Love-150x150.png

أخوات الحبيبة
أسأل الله العظيم أن يفك أسركم ويجبر كسركم… نرسل لكم امنياتنا بالخير والسلام والمحبه… نصركم الله وكان في عونكم …..
ان جوهر الاخوة غير مرتبط بقرابه او دم …ولكن ما يربطنا هو رابط الدين جميعنا امهات واخوات وبنات وزوجات تربطنا معا الايمان بالله. فلا يفرقنا لون ولا لغة ولن تبعدنا حدود …عبر البحار والمحيطات والانهار وعبر الصحارى والجبال والوديان لن يبعدنا شيئ… فنحن نضحك الضحكه نفسها ونذرف الدموع نفسها ونقاوم نحارب لسبب واحد
من اجل لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
أنتنّ في قلوبنا
لا يُنسى أبداً
اخواتكم من جنوب افريقيا

Beloved Sisters,
I ask Allah Almighty to take apart your shackles and restore your breakdown. We sent you wishes of goodness, peace and love. May Allah help you and come to your aid.

The essence of sisterhood is not bound by the ties of or blood but what binds us are the ties of Deen (religion), all of us, mothers; sisters; daughters; and wives strengthened by faith in Allah. Colour cannot divide us nor language, boundaries cannot separate us, across oceans and rivers, across deserts; mountains and valleys- Nothing can keep us apart. We laugh the same laugh, weep the same tears and struggle in the same cause. United by One battle- LAA ILAA HA ILLA ALLAH, MUHAMMADU-R RASOOL-ALLAH!

You are in our hearts,
Never to be forgotten,

Your Sisters of South Africa

Letter-to-My-Sister-With-Love-150x150.png

أختي الحبيبة
اسمع عن مشقتك والدموع تسيل وقلبي يؤلم في حقك. لك يا أختي الجنة والريحاتها الحلوة. أحسدك، لأن من أجل آلامك والمشقة ستدخلين الجنة سريعا.

يا أختي الحبيبة، كلما تبكين تلك دموع الدم، لا تنسي أن كل هذه الفتن ستنتهين لأن ربنا وعد أن بعد عسر يسرا. فلك ولأسرتك الجنة الفردوس. يا أختي الله فعل ما فعل بالحكمة. لن تكوني وحيدة، الله معك والله بكل شيء بصير.
أختي ابتسامتك ابتسامي وضحكك ضحكي ودموعك دموعي
أحبك بكل قلبي في الله. قلبي يشتاق أن يراك مبتسمة، وأملي أن يجدك في حالة السكينة وأعرف ستجدين كل ذلك لأن الله عادل وعدله يرفع كل شيء. أنت لست بدون أحد

من القلب إلى القلب
في أمان الله
أختك في الإسلام

Beloved Sister,
I hear of you hardship and the tears flow and my heart pains from within it’s cavity. May Paradise be yours my sister with it’s sweet smell. I envy you. Because of your pain and hardship, you will most certainly enter Paradise swiftly.

O Beloved Sister, each time you shed that tear of blood, don’t forget that each trial will surely come to an end because our Lord has promised ease after hardship. So May you and your families be blessed with al-Firdaws (Paradise). O Sister, Allah does what He does in His wisdom. You will never be alone, Allah is with you and Allah sees everything.

O Sister, your smile is my smile; your laughter is my laughter and your tears are my tears. I love you with all my heart for the pleasure of Allah. My heart yearns to see you smile, and my hope is that tranquility finds you. And I know you will find all of that because Allah is Just and His Justice raises everything. You are not without one.

From my heart to your heart,
May you be in Allah’s safety,

Your Sister in Islam.

ummulhasanaat

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dua: The Essence of Worship

With the recent happenings in Gaza receiving widespread condemnation from people all around the world, it’s time for us to wake up & pray for those who are being oppressed. As an Ummah we need to reach out to our fellow brothers and sisters and the best we can do is make dua for them. Below are some duat I’ve compiled from various reliable sources. Please take some time out after every prayer and if possible try to offer voluntary prayers at night and make dua. May Allah accept our supplications and ease the sufferings of those who are experiencing hardship, Ameen.

Remember, when you make dua for someone, it also benefits you. So make dua for your fellow muslim brothers and sisters with firm faith in Allah swt and hope for it to be answered.

The prophet (SAW) said: ‘There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother in his absence where the angels do not say, ‘the same be for you” [Muslim]

اللهم أصلح أمة محمد اللهم فرج عن أمة محمد أللهم ارحم أمة محمد

'Allahumma aslih Ummata Muhammad. Allahumma farrij 'an Ummati Muhammad. Allahumma Rham Ummata Muhammad [sallAllahu alayhi wasalam]
O Allah! Improve (help) the state of the Ummah of Muhammad. O Allah! Grant ease to the Ummah of Muhammad. O Allah! Have mercy on the Ummah of Muhammad.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْلَنَا وَ لِلْمُؤْمِنِيْنَ وَ الْمُؤْمِنتَ وَ اَصْلِحْهُمْ وَ اَصْلِحْذَاتْ بَيْنِهِمْ وَ اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِهِمْ وَ اجْعَلْ فِىْ قُلُوْبِهِمُ الاِيْمَانَ وَ الْحِكْمَةَ وَ انْصُرْهِمْ عَلى عَدُوِّكَ وَ عَدُوِّهِمْ

Allahumma aghfir lana, wa lil mu'miniia, wal-mu'minaati, wa aslih-hum, wa salih dhati bayynihim, wa allif baina quluubihim, waj'al fi quluubi-himul imaana wal hikmata, wa-nsurhum 'ala' 'aduw-wika wa 'aduwwihim

O Allah! Forgive us, and the believing men and women, and remove their faults, and cause peace and love among their hearts, and infuse into their hearts a firm faith and wisdom, and let them be victorious over Your enemies and their enemies.

رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

Rabbana afrigh alayina 
s
abran wa thabbit aqdamana wan
s
urna ala alqaumil-kafiriin

Our Lord! Pour out constancy on us and make our steps firm: Help us against those that reject faith. [surah al-Baqarah; 2: 250]

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِنْ نَسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنْتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

Rabbana la tu·akhi
dh
na in nasina aw akhtaana, rabbana wala tahmil alaiyna isran kama hamaltahu ala alladhina min qablina, rabbana wala tuhammilna ma la þaqata lana bihi wa'fu anna waghfir lana warhamna anta maulana fa'nsurna ala alqaumil-kafiriin

Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith. [surah al-Baqarah; 2: 286]

اللَّهُمَّ مُنْزِلَ الْكِتَابِ، سَرِيعَ الْحِسَابِ، اهْزِمِ الاَحْزَابَ، اللَّهُمَّ مْهُمْ وَ زَلْزِلْهُمْ

Allahumma munzilal kitabi, warii'al-hisaabi, ihzimil-ahzaaba. Allahumma ihzimhum wa zalzilhum

O Allah! Revealer of the book, Swift to account, defeat the groups (of those who reject faith). O Allah! defeat them and shake them. [Muslim; 3:1362]

رَبَّنَا لاَ تَجْعَلْنَا فِتْنَةً لِلْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ

Rabbana la tajal-na fitnatan-lil qawmi-dhalimeen

Our Lord! make us not a trial for those who practise oppression

[surah Yunus; 10: 85]

(Author: sister Nabeela of Fragrant Rose)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Duaa for One’s brother in his Absence

عن أبي الدرداء رضي الله عنه : أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم  كان يقول : دعوة المرء المسلم لأخيه بظهر الغيب مستجابة ، عند رأسه ملك موكل كلما دعا لأخيه بخير قال الملك الموكل به: آمين ، ولك بمثل. (مسلم رقم 2733)

Hadhrat Abu Dardaa (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to say:

“The duaa made by a Muslim for his brother in his absence is accepted. Whenever he makes duaa for goodness for his brother, there is an angel that is appointed to stand at his head-side. The appointed angel says Ameen to his duaa and the angel makes duaa for him saying: ‘May Allah grant you the likeness of what you have asked for your brother.’”

• 10 months later...

The Ummah is One

By Hadrat Mawlānā Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullāh

“All the believers are like one body. If the eye experiences pain then the whole body will experience pain. If the head experiences pain then the whole body will experience pain.” (Muslim)

Together we all form a single body. We are like the limbs and organs of the same body. If we constitute a single body, then if an organ of the body experiences pain, the whole body should feel it. When a person suffers from a severe headache, his eyes will not say, “I have read too much today, therefore I want to rest!” The rest of the body will not say to the head, “It is your problem, you solve it yourself.” The ears will not say, “I am feeling very tired. It is twelve o’ clock midnight; therefore, I want to go to sleep. You sort your problem out.”  

This headache becomes a problem for all the organs of the body. The brain thinks, “What shall I do? How may I bring cure to this pain?” The legs will walk towards the telephone, the hand will pick up the receiver, the finger will dial, the ear will listen, the tongue will speak and the mind will absorb what the doctor is saying, hence the whole body will function to bring relief to the head.

Rasūlullāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam, through this similitude, has taught us that if we see a Muslim brother/sister in pain, then we should also feel pain and grief. How many of us today experience pain at the sight of someone’s suffering? How many of us try to solve the problem? How many of us even listen to the problem? How many of us even bother to say a few words to comfort and console the person? And if we find ourselves helpless in doing anything, then how many of us pray for this person, “O Allāh, remove his/her difficulty.”  

This is an extract from the booklet ‘Love & its Limits’
 published by the Islāmic Da'wah Academy