IslamicTeachings.org

The Duaa Taught to Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu)

The Duaa Taught to Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu)

Scene.jpg

One should Recite the Following Duaa in the morning and evening:

اللَّهُمَّ فَاطِرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ رَبَّ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَمَلِيكَهُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ وَشِرْكِهِ، وَأَنْ أَقْتَرِفَ عَلَى نَفْسِي سُوءًا أَوْ أَجُرَّهُ إِلَى مُسْلِمٍ

O Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the Earth, the Knower of the unseen and everything that is visible, there is no deity worthy of worship besides You. You are the Lord and the Master of everything. I seek refuge in You from the evil of my soul and the evil of Shaytaan and his causing one to ascribe partners with Allah Ta’ala. And I seek Your refuge that I carry out any sin or I am the cause of harm coming to any Muslim.

عن عبد الله بن عمرو بن العاص رضي الله عنه قال قال أبو بكر الصديق رضي الله عنه: يا رسول الله علمني ما أقول إذا أصبحت وإذا أمسيت، فقال: " يا أبا بكر قل: اللهم فاطر السموات والأرض عالم الغيب والشهادة لا إله إلا أنت رب كل شيء ومليكه، أعوذ بك من شر نفسي، ومن شر الشيطان وشركه، وأن أقترف على نفسي سوءا أو أجره إلى مسلم (ترمذي رقم 3529)

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Amr (Radhiallahu Anhuma) reports that on one occasion Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) asked Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to teach him a Duaa that he should recite in the morning and evening. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) taught him the following Duaa:

اللَّهُمَّ فَاطِرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ رَبَّ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَمَلِيكَهُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ وَشِرْكِهِ، وَأَنْ أَقْتَرِفَ عَلَى نَفْسِي سُوءًا أَوْ أَجُرَّهُ إِلَى مُسْلِمٍ