IslamicTeachings.org

Durood – A Form of Purification

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال صلوا علي فإنها زكاة لكم واسألوا الله لي الوسيلة فإنها درجة في أعلى الجنة لا ينالها إلا رجل وأرجو أن أكون أنا هو (مسند أحمد رقم 8770)

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Recite durood upon me, for certainly it is a form of purification for you. And ask Allah Ta’ala to grant me the position of “Waseela”, which is a rank in the highest stages of Paradise which is reserved for only one person, and I hope that I am blessed with this honour and position. 

Face being Transformed to a Swine

In Nuzhatul majaalis, the following incident is recorded: “A man and his son were on a journey. On the way, the father passed away and his face was transformed to that of a swine. The son, seeing this, cried bitterly and made duaa to Allah Ta’ala for the welfare of his father. Soon the son fell asleep and saw a man telling him, “Your father used to consume interest, for this reason you now see his face in this condition. But rejoice for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has interceded on his behalf, for whenever he heard the blessed name of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), he recited durood upon him. Through the intercession of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), his face has now been changed to its original form.” (Fazaail Durood)

يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلِّم دَائِمًا أَبَدًا عَلَى حَبِيبِكَ خَيرِ الخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمِ

• Like 1