IslamicTeachings.org

Depression - The Medical & Islamic Perspectives

ummtaalib

Whatever the Problem, do not Despair,

Find Comfort & Remedies from the Qur'an and Sunnah!

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, said: "There is a remedy for every malady, and when the remedy is applied to the disease it cures it with the permission of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious." (Muslim)

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "Make use of the two remedies: honey and the Qur'an." (Tirmidhi)

For the Depressed there is Peace:

"Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest" [13:28]

For the Sick there is Cure

وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاء وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِين

Wa nunaz-zilu minal qur’aani maa huwa shifaa-uw wa rahmatul lil mu’mineen

“And We reveal of the Qur’an that which is a healing and a mercy for Believers” (Bani Israaeel 82)

وَإِذَا مَرِضْتُ فَهُوَ يَشْفِينِ

Wa ithaa maridtu fa huwa yashfeen

“And when I sicken, then He healeth me” (Ash-Shu’raa 80)

قُلْ هُوَ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا هُدًى وَشِفَاءٌ

Qul huwa lil-latheena aamanoo hudaw washifaa-un

“Say unto them (O Muhammad): For those who believe it is a guidance and a healing;” (Haa Meem Sajdah / Fusilat 44)

Suratul-Fatihah: The opening surah of the Qur'an, is also recommended as a cure for sicknesses and diseases. Allah's Messenger said, "Fatihatul Kitab contains healing for every disease." (Tirmidhi)

Du'a for Cure:

Aisha (Radhiallaahu Anha) narrated that the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, used the following duaa when family members were sick,

"Allahumma Rabban-nas, adh-hibil-ba's, washfi, Antash-Shafee, la shifa'a, ilia shifa'uk, shifa'an la yughadiru saqaman. (O Allah, Lord of mankind! Remove this disease and cure him. You are the Great Curer, there is no cure but through You that leaves behind no disease.)" [bukhari and Muslim]

When in Pain

While placing one’s hand over the location of pain, say

Bismillah 3 times followed by

A’uthu bi’izzatil-lahi wa qodratihi min sharri-ma Ajidu wa’ohazir 7 times

In the name of Allah I seek refuge in exalted power and glory of Allah from that which I feel and fear

For Debts there is Relief

Sayyiduna Abu Umamah Radhiyallahu Anhu was once sitting in the Musjid very perturbed and worried when Rasulullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam noticed him in that condition. Rasulullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam enquired the cause of his worry. Abu Umamah replied: “Worry and anxiety of debt has overcome me.”

Rasulullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said to him: “Should I not teach you a few special words which if you recite in the morning and evening, Allah will remove your worries and will settle your debts? Abu Amamah replied: “Yes indeed O Prophet of Allah!” Rasulullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam thereafter taught him the following Dua to be recited every morning and evening:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَالْبُخْلِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ وَقَهْرِ الرِّجَالِ

Allahumma Innie A’uzu Bika minal Hammi Wal Huzn, wa A’uzu Bika Minal Ajzi wal Kasal, Wa A’uzu Bika minal Jubni wal Bukhl, wa A’uzu Bika min Ghalabatid Dayni wa Qahrir Rijaal.

O Allah, I seek your protection from worry and grief, and I seek your protection from being incapacitated and laziness, and I seek your protection from cowardice and miserliness, and I seek your protection from overwhelming debts and the oppression of men.

Sayyiduna Abu Umamah says: I practiced on this advice and Allah removed my worries and settled my debts. (Abu Dawood, Hadith #: 1555, Narrated by Abu Sa’eed)

For the Hopeless, there is Hope

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ

"Laa taqnatu mir rahmatillah"

Do not despair in the mercy of Allah. [39:53]

For the Lost, there is Guidance:

Allah says in the Qur’an:

"This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil)." [2:2]

Lo! this Qur'an guideth unto that which is straightest, and giveth tidings unto the believers who do good works that theirs will be a great reward. [17:9]

For those who fear they are under the influence of Black Magic/Jinn

In curing oneself, one is not bound to engage an Aamil to do so. Shari’ah has educated us on a number of practices that one may adopt on his own in trying to alleviate Sihr (black magic). The following are methods that one may adopt:

1.      Recitation of Surah Falaq and Surah Nās, blowing on the hands and thereafter rubbing them on oneself. Nabi Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam would do this during illness and before retiring to bed.

These Surahs were revealed as a cure after the Jew, Labīd Ibn A’sam, had bewitched Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam.

Hadhrat Ā’isha Radhi Allāhu ‘Anhā narrates that whenever the Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam would become ill, he would recite the Mu’awwizat (Surah al-Falaq and Surah an-Nas) and blow over himself. When his illness was aggravated, I used to recite these two Surahs (and blow my breath) over him and make him rub his body with his own hand, for its blessings.”

2.      Recitation of the first three verses of Surah Mu’min/Ghafir and Āyat-ul-Kursī every morning and evening.

3.      The reading of the Manzil (by Hadhrat Maulānā Muhammad Zakariyyā Kandhalwī)has proven to be extremely effective for protection against the evil influence of Jinn, Sihr (black magic), and other evils. It contains only verses of the Qur’an.

Allāh Ta’ala says in the Qur’ān:

وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَّرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِيْنَ.

“And We have revealed in the Qur’ān that which is a cure and mercy for the believers.”

5.      Recitation of the following du’ās prescribed in the Ahādīth:

·        Read three times every morning and evening:

بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ الَّذِيْ لاَ يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَيْءٌ فِي الأَرْضِ وَلا فِي السَّماءِ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ العَلِيْم

Transliteration: “Bismillahi-lladhi La Yadhurru Ma’asmihi Shay’un Fil Ardhi Wa La Fis-Samaa’i Wa Huwas-Samee’-ul-‘Aleem.”

Translation: “In the name of Allāh with virtue of whose name nothing in the earth nor the skies can harm. He is the ever-hearing and most knowledgeable.”

·        Read every morning and evening:

أَعُوْذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التاَّمَّاتِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ

Transliteration: “A’uudhu Bikalimaatillahi-ttammaati Min Sharri Mā Khalaq.”

Translation: “I seek protection of Allāh’s perfect words from every evil that He has created.”

6.      The eating of Ajwah dates has also been prescribed in the Hadīth. Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam said, “One who eats seven ‘Ajwah dates in the morning shall not be harmed that day by any poison or Sihr (magic).”

7.      The famous Tabi’ī, Ka’b al-Ahbār Radhi Allāhu ‘Anhu mentions, “Had it not been for a few phrases that I recite (regularly), the Jews would have turned me into a donkey (through black magic). He was asked, “What are these phrases?” He replied:

أَعُوذُ بِوَجْهِ اللهِ الْعَظِيمِ. الَّذِي لَيْسَ شَيْءٌ أَعْظَمَ مِنْهُ. وَبِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ الَّتِي لاَ يُجَاوِزُهُنَّ بَرٌّ وَلاَ فَاجِرٌ. وَبِأَسْمَاءِ اللهِ الْحُسْنَى كُلِّهَا. مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهَا وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمُ. مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ وَبَرَأَ وَذَرَأَ.

Transliteration: “A’uuzu bi wajhillāh al-Adhīm alladhi laysa shay’un a’dhamu minhu wa bi kalimatillāh at-tammaati allati la yujawizuhunna barrun wa la faajir wa bi asmaa-illāh al-husnaa kullihaa ma alimtu minha wa ma lam a’lam min sharri ma khalaqa wa bara’a wa dhara’a.”

Translation: “I seek the protection of Allāh the Great; He, than whom there is nothing greater. And I seek the protection of the perfect words of Allāh which no man, virtuous or evil, can even transcend; and I seek the protection of all the beautiful names of Allāh, those of them which I know and those which I do not know, from the evil of everything He (Allāh) created, to which He has given existence, and which He has spread (over the earth).”

Checked and Approved by Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

www.daruliftaa.net

Full Q/A Here

General Advices of Islamic Scholars for Sufferers of Depression

The solution to all our anxieties, depression and worries

I am 40 years old and single. I have prayed for many years for a husband. Also I have used internet matrimonial services for many years, paying for membership myself. As I am now 40 and my childbearing years are ending, I feel like I have God's answer. I am sad that I can't have a husband and children. I feel like I do not have a future. What do I do now? This is the end, isn't it?

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullah

We are very sorry to hear of your plight. Allah Ta'ala knows the wisdom of every action. Sometimes Allah Ta'ala withholds things from his servants because it could be worse for them to have it. This situation comes from Allah Ta'ala and we should clearly understand that we cannot escape the decision of Allah with regard to any matter in our lives. Whatever Allah Ta'ala decides will happen. We have to have faith in Tafweez (resigning oneself to the decision of Allah) and Taqdeer (predestination). This is the solution to all our anxieties, depression and worries. As the servants and slaves of Allah, we should understand that our Master will grant to us only that which is good for us. Our duty and endeavor is that we supplicate and ask Allah, then make the correct Tadbeer (effort) and thereafter leave the final decision to Allah Ta'ala. This brings peace, contentment and happiness into one's heart. Source

Depression cannot be dealt with in Isolation

Depression is a very serious affliction that can’t be dealt with in isolation. While this answer will address some of your doubts, your suicidal thoughts indicate a deeper problem that cannot be solved over the internet. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to seek the help of a qualified counselor.

Seeking proper help is of utmost importance, and Allah commands us in the Qur’an to seek qualified advice if we are unsure about something (16:43). Similarly, a hadith relates that when two of the companions gave bad advice to an injured man that resulted in his death, the Prophet (peace be upon him) proclaimed, “Do you not ask if you do not know?” [Abu Dawud] Seekersguidance

The Importance of Seeking Both Professional and Spiritual Help

From Seekersguidance

Lastly, I would advise you to continue to seek counseling for this issue, as we are commanded to use the best means at our disposal, while turning to Allah in prayer and supplication, knowing that the results are in Allah’s hands. Only He creates happiness in the heart. Do not see the challenges in your life as insurmountable; you still have many blessings, so take things a day at a time, seeking Allah’s help.

Be grateful: Focus on the abundant good in your life. There are many worse off

Pondering over the blessings and favors of Allāh upon you will give you internal contentment and satisfaction. Think of the blessings allotted to you by Allāh Ta’ālā that have not been granted to others.  There are so many people who cannot see, hear, or talk. Imagine if Allāh did not bestow us with these faculties, how straitened life would become.  Every time you drink a cold glass of water, know that there are people who are struggling to acquire a single sip.  Thereafter praise Allāh for favoring you with such bounties.  This will create the love of Allāh within your heart and you will feel content and satisfied. Source

The Prophet said: Whenever you see someone better than you in wealth, face or figure, you should look at someone who is inferior to you in these respects (so that you may thank Allah for His blessings) (Bukhari, Muslim).

Excuse Me! You are Not Running the World, HE is.

It is important to remind ourselves that we don't control all the variables in the world. God does. He is the Wise, the All-Knowing. Sometimes our limited human faculties are not able to comprehend His wisdom behind what happens to us and to others, but knowing that He is in control and that as human beings we submit to His Will, enriches our humanity and enhances our obedience (Uboodiah in Arabic) towards him. Source

In Financial Worries

Allah is al Razzaq (the Provider).

"How many are the creatures that carry not their own sustenance? It is Allah Who feeds them and you, for He hears and knows all things (Quran 29:60)."

By reminding yourself that He is the Provider, you will remember that getting a job or providing for your family in these economically and politically challenging times, when Muslims are often the last to be hired and the first to be fired, is in God's Hands, not yours. As Allah says in the Quran:

"And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose. Verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion (Quran 65:3).

Staying Positive and Staying Productive

Finally, the person should stay positive and think well of Allah.  Allah Most High is quoted in a hadith as saying, “I am to My servant the way he expects me to be towards him.  And I am with him when he remembers Me.” [bukhari]  Allah Most High loves us seventy times more than our own mothers.

A Muslim is an optimist at all times, seeing some good in every situation.  A person who is sick should never fall into despondency or depression, and stop pursuing their goals in life, to the extent possible. 

They should continue learning and improving themselves and their world around them with dedication and excellence.  Source

Be Proactive

You owe it to yourself to get yourself up and about. You are a precious creation and human being. You have to decide whether you want to go on the way you are or do you want to change what is happening to you.

Allow me to suggest that you go and look after ladies and children who are in need of care. Perhaps just go spend time talking to them and finding out what their needs are. See if you can make some contribution towards alleviating some of their suffering. Take someone a flower or tell a blind person about the lovely feathers of a bird and its colors. Carry a little child on your back and listen to it laugh with joy as you bring it happiness. Touch an old person with kindness by rubbing her painful joints and obtain her blessings. Smile to the beggar whom you may have seen many times before but never taken real notice of. Greet her and say something kind to her. Source

Repel Boredom with Work

When you find yourself to be idle, prepare for depression and despair because idleness allows your mind to wander in the past, the present and the future with all their difficulties.

"Idleness is an expert thief and your mind is its victim"

"Don't be Sad"

Do not Zero in on your Worries

Focus your energies on something constructive versus zeroing in on and consistently fretting about difficulties you are going through. Source

Have Confidence

Lastly, have confidence in yourself.  Keep your spirits high.  Involve yourself in those permissible activities that you enjoy.  Source

One Step at a Time

Ideals are wonderful things to pursue. But do that gradually. Think, prioritize, plan, and move forward. One step at a time. Source

This life is Temporary, the Hereafter is forever

It's easy to get caught up in our own stress and anxiety. However, if we remember that our life is short and temporary, and that the everlasting life is in the Hereafter, this will put our worries in perspective.

This belief in the transitory nature of the life of this world reminds us that whatever difficulties, trials, anxieties, and grief we suffer in this world are, Insha Allah, something we will only experience for a short period of time. And more importantly, if we handle these tests with patience, Allah will reward us for it.

The Prophet said: Whenever you see someone better than you in wealth, face or figure, you should look at someone who is inferior to you in these respects (so that you may thank Allah for His blessings) (Bukhari, Muslim).

Make the Quran and the Remembrance of Allah  your Partner

Reading and listening to the Quran will help refresh our hearts and our minds.

"... without doubt in the remembrance (Zikr) of Allah do hearts find tranquility"
(Quran 13:28).

When your heart feels heavy with stress or grief, remember Allah and surround yourself with His Zikr.  Zikr refers to all forms of the remembrance of Allah, including Salat, Tasbeeh, Tahmeed, Tahleel, making supplication (Dua), and reading Quran.

Source

How should we as Muslims deal with life's ups and downs?

As a Muslim, you get affected by life's troubles and disturbing thoughts like everyone else, but you can deal with them much better because you have a clear roadmap of where you came from, where you are going and why, so you have a head start having this fundamental knowledge from its source.

In other words, you are resistant to existential emptiness, so your focus is on taking control over your life to make the most of it according to the purpose it was given to you for, and you make decisions that will not cause you to feel worse in bad times.

Someone who feels completely lost and alone in the face of a crisis would probably feel helpless and depressed. But someone who feels supported by a compassionate God who genuinely cares, who listens to desperate pleas, and who grants generous help, has a better chance of getting back on track much faster because there is a strong helping hand to reach for while dealing with life's troubles.

Islam does not require us to be superhuman. If one experiences negative feelings, he is encouraged to resist them with positive thoughts and actions if possible, or to seek professional help if the case is clinical. Sahar El-Nadi

Preventative Measures

From the advices and prescriptions mentioned in previous posts we have compiled a list of preventative measures which if adopted when faced with any form of hardship, worry, anxiety. fear etc., there is very little chance of the development of depression.

As soon as one is struck by any Affliction

Say انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Innaa lillaahi wainnaa ilayhi raaji'oon 

Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return

followed by

اللهم أجرني في مصيبتي واخلفني خيرا منها

Allahumma ajirni fee musibati wa akhlif li khairan minha...

O Allah, compensate me for my hardship and provide me a substitute of it.

Adopt Tafweedh

Tafweedh is to consign  one's affairs to Allah Ta’ala. He may do with one as He desires. One’s gaze and hope should be on none besides Allah. While employing the means and the agencies, the result of all things should be left to Allah Ta’ala. To adopt Tafweedh does not mean shunning the means and the agencies which Allah ta'ala has created for the acquisition and handling of affairs.

Allah Ta’ala says:

“I consign my affair to Allah. Verily He sees all (His) servants.” [40:44]

Rasulullah (saws) said: “When you arise in the morning do not contemplate in your heart about the evening, and when it is evening do not contemplate about the morning.”[bukhari]

Do not say, "If Only"

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allaah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive to do that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say ‘If only I had done (such and such), the such and such would have happened,’ rather say: ‘Allaah has decreed and what He wills He does,’ for ‘if only’ opens the door to the work of the shaytaan.”
Narrated by Muslim (2664).

The remedy: whenever we are afflicted by anything, rather than starting to question qadr by saying things like 'if only I hadn't done that...' we should stop ourselves and say Qadr Allahu wa Masha Fa'al  (Allah has decreed it and what He willed has happened) and open our hands to Allah Ta'aala in sincere du'aa.

Shaykh Hasan Ali

Adopt Patience & Turn to Prayer:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ

O you who believe! Seek assistance through patience and Salah.

Indeed Allah with those who are the patient ones.

(Qur’an 2:153)

Turn to Allah with Du'a

Ask Allah, He listens!

Allah the Exalted says,

“When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.” (Al-Baqarah, 2:186)

Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the Beneficent, unto whichsoever ye cry (it is the same). His are the most beautiful names.[17:110]

Increase Repentance

Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

“If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.” [Abu Dawud].

Adopt Tawakkul

Use the means and rely on Allah ta'ala Who has the power to alleviate every hardship

Seek Advice from Reliable Muslim Scholars

Seek Medical help when Necessary

Especially in the case of extreme depression which does not lift after many weeks.

أنا لله و أنا اليه راجعون

Contemplating on its meaning will Remove all Grief

Shaikh Mohammad Kaleem (Allah preserve him) a senior khalifa of Arif billah Dr Abdul Hayy Arifi (Allah have mercy on him) said to a brother who lost his twenty three year old son suddenly,

‘It is only in Islamic teaching that we find a definite contentment from grief and loss. It is very effective and well tested. At the times of grief and loss we recite,

أنا لله و أنا اليه راجعون

“We certainly belong to Allah, and to Him we are bound to return.” (2:156)

However, it is a pity that we do it without contemplating on its meaning.

In fact the reality revealed in this verses is so immense that contemplating on its meaning will remove all grief. In it Allah conveys , that in relationships this (lost one) maybe your mother, wife, father or son, etc., however, all these relationships are temporal (majazi) and temporary. They have been created for effective functioning of the society in this world. Whereas, in this verse Allah makes it explicitly clear that nothing in this universe belongs to anyone. It all belongs to Allah alone.

Why is it so?

It is because Allah is the creator. They are all created. He created them from nothing. He is their Sustainor.  They all belong to Him. They can not comprehend the rationality behind His commands and magnanimity of His decrees. They have been instructed with these temporal relationships of being a father, mother, wife, etc. In reality they all belong to Allah and He alone owns them. Hence, He has full right to deal in their affairs as He desires. No one can question or forbid Him.

Moreover, it is His mercy that He has informed us in advance that we are going to be afflicted with grief and loss either in financial issues or in status or with death of a dear one. And in these circumstance if we observe the patience that is required, that is, the proclamation of His Divinity and acknowledgement that every thing belongs to Him alone, then we will be rewarded with a compensation that is beyond our imagination. Moreover, we will receive His special mercy, salutations and be from the perfectly guided individuals. An immense reward indeed for patience.

How can a person grieve when he acknowledges that everything belongs to Allah alone, He has full right to do whatsoever and He does so with absolute wisdom.’

Shaikh Mohammad Kaleem sahib db’s residence.

Darul Uloom Karachi, Sunday, noon, 18th December 2012.

References, Useful Links, and Further Reading

The following resources are full of very beneficial advices which would be impossible to incorporate within the topic. We hope readers find them useful and become a means of finding tranquillity of the heart and peace of mind inshaAllah.

Reading Material

"Tafweez" - A Must Read!

Shaykh Yunus Patel

The Cure for Depression

The Virtues of Patience

Inter-Islam

Suicide as seen in Islam

Inter-Islam

Don't be Sad

Download

Aaed ibn Abdullah al-Qarni

At a time in which the Muslims are beset with trials from every periphery and within, comes this heartening book rooted in the commandments of Allah (swt), the Sunnah and the excellent guidance and examples of the Muslims that have come before us.

Don’t Be Sad is an absolute must-read for all people. It is full of practical advice on how to replace sadness with a pragmatic and ultimately satisfying Islamic outlook on life. It exposes to the modern reader how Islam teaches us to deal with the tests and tribulations of this world.

Patience & Gratitude

By Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

This work deals with the closely-related topics of patience and gratitude. Although often translated as “patience”, the Arabic word sabr has a broader and deeper meaning than the English. Depending on the context, it may mean fortitude, patience, equanimity, forbearance, patient endurance, etc. Shukr may be translated as “gratitude” or "thankfulness". As is shown in the book, patience and gratitude are two sides of the same coin, closely-related attitudes which the Muslim  should seek to foster in every aspect of his or her life. This kind of spiritual advice is something that today’s Muslims so desperately need. Far from being a set of empty rituals and nit-picking legal technicalities, or a set of words to be repeated or chanted ad nauseam, Islâm is a holistic way of life: if it is applied only partially, imbalance will result.

Patience_and_Gratitude.pdf

Cure for Depression

For steps to help cure depression and other beneficial reading material

Vicious Cycle of Depression

Info-Vicious Cycle of Depression.pdf

Audio

Shaykh Hasan Ali

The Solution to all your Problems Part 1 & 2 -  MUST LISTEN!!

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/lyd3245d3hrbcd4/The_Solution_to_all_your_Problems_-_1-2_-_Shaykh_Hasan_Ali.mp3#sthash.h2bha21I.dpuf

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/q13895inc9l2w4a/The_Solution_to_all_your_Problems_-_2-2_-_Shaykh_Hasan_Ali.mp3#sthash.h2bha21I.dpuf

Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

Why You are Depressed and The Cure!

Depression is one of the most contemporary and paramount issues present in the world today — Whether it is in the Muslim or the Non-Muslim World. The psychiatric industry shows depression research as the largest budgetary item, totaling nearly a third of NIMH's $604-million annual expenditures. Muslims have been given the best cure, for depression 1400 years ago, however, unfortunately most of us Muslims are unaware of it. Many of the Muslim youth are flooded with depression in their lives, and since the youth make up more than 50% of the total Muslim population, thus, the Muslims in general are greatly impacted.

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness" [Not a Hadith]. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aY-QRHPWuk

Depression vs Contentment Q&A 

Sheikh Sulaiman Moola

http://www.mediafire...aiman_Moola.mp3

Suicide the Killer Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

Mufti Abdurrahman Ibn Yusuf Mangera

Dealing with Depression and the Realities of Patience

Mufti Ismail Menk

DEPRESSED Stay Calm Because Life is a Test

http://www.mediafire...e_is_a_Test.mp3

Do you have problems in life-Watch This

http://www.mediafire..._Mufti_Menk.mp3

Nouman Ali Khan

I feel Ugly and Depressed, Help

http://mfi.re/listen/uw2diad9fuh4afh/I_FEEL_UGLY_AND_DEPRESSED,_HELP_-_ISLAMIC_LECTURES_-_NOUMAN_ALI_KHAN.mp3

Depression and Grief-A Result of Our Sins

Imam Mohammad Khalid

Contact Details of Scholars

The following qualified Scholars of Islam may be contacted for help and advise.

Mufti Zubair Dudha (Hafizahullah)

Islamic Tarbiyah Aacdemy

Contact Page

45 Boothroyd Lane, West Town,

Dewsbury, WF13 2RB

Tel-Fax: (01924) 450422

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat

Islamic Da'wah Academy

Advise & Information

Contact Page

120 Melbourne Road

Leicester, England United Kingdom

LE2 0DS

Tel +44 116 262 5440

Fax +44 116 242 5016

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee

Al-Haadi - Madrasah Taleemuddeen

Contact Page

Ispingo Beach

South Africa

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

AskImam.org

Contact Page

Mufti A H Elias

Al-Islam

Contact Page

Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Contact Page

• 7 months later...

:assalam:

:alhamd:  after a lot of research, we have compiled as much information as we could on depression.  We have tried our utmost to present facts from reliable medical sources and verification of the Islamic perspective. Included are remedies from the Qur'an and Sunnah. We pray it will be a means of help and cure to sufferers everywhere inshaAllah. May Allah subhaanahu wata'ala grant relief as it is He alone Who cures, Aameen.

We would appreciate feedback and /or advise/information we may have overlooked.  We request readers to make du'a for acceptance of this effort and it becoming a means of relief for sufferers.

Jazaakumullah 

• Like 1

To islamicteachings.org:

Thank you so much for these infos. Indeed, this will be very helpful to someone very important to me. May Allah bless you and your family for your kindness and may this website be able to help more people in need. Again, thank you so much. 

The kindness and mercy of Allah ta'ala has led me to this website. 

• Like 2

Aaameen, thumma aameen!

Jazaakallaahu khayran for taking the time to post these kind words. Allah ta'ala grant complete shifa to your dear one and make this trial a means of attaining His everlasting pleasure, aameen. Please keep us and the entire ummah in your du'as.

Respected brother, if there are any particular questions or advice you need, please do not hesitate to ask here or by using the "contact us" page. InshaAllah we will try our utmost to get answers from experienced scholars.