IslamicTeachings.org

Random Discussions

Three murders? Hmm let me think;

1- stopped desire of sinning

2- stopped your arrogance and pride ( if you had any)

3- stopped the desire of looking down on someone

I hope that i was little close...

Btw to all bros and sis all around the world. Eid mubarak. Have an awesome eid.

AishaZaynap

• Like 1

• Dawah Team

Three murders? Hmm let me think;

1- stopped desire of sinning

2- stopped your arrogance and pride ( if you had any)

3- stopped the desire of looking down on someone

I hope that i was little close...

No. You fail :P

I give you one more chance.

Hint: I did the murder of "living beings".

• Dawah Team

hahaha :) animals??

Well, I killed three spiders. Spiders scare me soo much. Theirs terrifying legs look sooo awful eeek! They give me the major creeps. One fairly large spider was hanging dangling from the ceiling of kitchen wall shelf, and the other two were smaller, usually after seeing such a horrible creature I scream, run and call my bros then they kill them. But this time I took courage and killed them with the besom, while killing I felt they were coming down towards me, you can't imagine how I did this, even kids are braver than me lol. I hope I didn't took theirs life needlessly cos I fear these creepy crawlers will grow larger and larger in size and number. Phew....Allahu al-Musta'an.

Sorry I'm on phone so it takes too much time to type.

• Like 1

Well, I killed three spiders. Spiders scare me soo much. Theirs terrifying legs look sooo awful eeek! They give me the major creeps. One fairly large spider was hanging dangling from the ceiling of kitchen wall shelf, and the other two were smaller, usually after seeing such a horrible creature I scream, run and call my bros then they kill them. But this time I took courage and killed them with the besom, while killing I felt they were coming down towards me, you can't imagine how I did this, even kids are braver than me lol. I hope I didn't took theirs life needlessly cos I fear these creepy crawlers will grow larger and larger in size and number. Phew....Allahu al-Musta'an.

Sorry I'm on phone so it takes too much time to type.

hahaha :) spiders :) i hate them too. if i see one anywhere in my house, i would get my flipflops and kill it straight away. one i remember that while smelling a flower, a white spider touched my hand and you had to see my face then. Obviously spider freaked out too. hahaha good times. 

• Like 1

• Dawah Team

hahaha :) spiders :) i hate them too. if i see one anywhere in my house, i would get my flipflops and kill it straight away. one i remember that while smelling a flower, a white spider touched my hand and you had to see my face then. Obviously spider freaked out too. hahaha good times.

I feel a bit sorry for them after killing. Sometimes when I dont feel sorry, then I feel I should, or otherwise It'd seem I have a hard heart. What do you think, shoud we? But we "have to" kill them to save ourselves.

• Like 1

I feel a bit sorry for them after killing. Sometimes when I dont feel sorry, then I feel I should, or otherwise It'd seem I have a hard heart. What do you think, shoud we? But we "have to" kill them to save ourselves.

well they are living creatures too, yes i would agree with you about feeling sorry for them but we should not forget as you mention that if we dont 'kill' them, then our houses become full of spider webs and i think thats far worser than just killing one spider.

• Like 1

Interesting discussion. I always thought killing spiders was not allowed so i searched.....

Question

I heard we should not kill spiders as a spider constructed a webb to protect Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) in Ghaar-e-Sawr (cave of Thawr).

Answer

The Ulama have differences of opinion with regards to the killing of spiders. Some Ulama dislike the killing of spiders due to it having made a webb at the cave of Thawr for the protection of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). This is also the view of Hadhrat Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu). However, Tha'laby and ibn Atiyya have narrated another narration of Hadhrat Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu), 'Cleanse your homes from the webbs of spiders as leaving it creates poverty.' The second view is supported by those Ahaadith which suggests a person to keep his homes and courtyards clean.' (Ma'ariful Qur'aan part6 pg.682; Darul Kitab)

Al-Mahmood 18

askimam

• Like 2

actually unnecessary killing of insects is not good...

http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2009/08/22/is-it-permissible-to-kill-insects-and-harmful-animals/

as-salaam u alaikum Is killing of ants( makoray and chunty) haram, makruh, mubah, please clarify?

Answer

(Fatwa: 700/685=L)

According to Hadith it is allowed to kill harmful animal before it gives you harm. Therefore, harmful ants or insects can be killed, but the animals and insects which do not give any harm they should not be killed unnecessarily.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

what we do is put a mop near the spider and when it climbs onto then we quickly go out and shake it a bit, the spider scurries off in no time...poor thing is more scared of us than we are of it...with small one you can just stamp your feet or something and it will scurry off

• Like 1

actually unnecessary killing of insects is not good...

http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2009/08/22/is-it-permissible-to-kill-insects-and-harmful-animals/

what we do is put a mop near the spider and when it climbs onto then we quickly go out and shake it a bit, the spider scurries off in no time...poor thing is more scared of us than we are of it...with small one you can just stamp your feet or something and it will scurry off

I understand but letting the spider go, might make it worst. I mean i dont kill a spider just cos i want to. I kill it so it doesnt make trouble. E.g entering inside your clothes etc.

I like the mop idea! We have 2 bug boxes in the house designated for the purpose... one has a magnifying glass & it is absolutely awesome to see the details on these little critters - SubhanAllah!I take a few minutes to observe Allah Ta'aala's wonderous creation, perhaps look up some details online & then... good bye buggy... released outside.

Insha'Allah we should avoid causing death or harm to all creatures - big or small, with roots or feet - unless they are dangerous, we have a need, or we are allowed.

• Like 2

• Dawah Team

I cant believe this. Its just a spider. Whats the big deal? I cant catch a spider myself. im not going ask someone to catch it and release it for me. Since i cant do that, i have no other choice but to kill. I hate spiders. Spiders are just scary.

When soul leaves the body it causes unbearable pain. They are living being so I think we should feel sorry for them, thats why I feel api Acacia is right.

• Like 1

Hmm when you say it that way, i felt so heartless. After all they are living beings too. Well all of you are right. Its wrong for me to say the things that i have said. Well even if i hate it so much. I dont have the right to kill a living being just cos i get scared...

• Like 1

dearest aishazaynap...i love the way you always admit you may have been wrong...mashaAllah!

Yes definitely we should not kill it or nay other little insects unless they are harmfull and if we have to kill them if harmful then use the most humane method

• Like 2

dearest aishazaynap...i love the way you always admit you may have been wrong...mashaAllah!

Yes definitely we should not kill it or nay other little insects unless they are harmfull and if we have to kill them if harmful then use the most humane method

Aww :) dear aapa :) thats so sweet of you :) yes i agree with you :) i say goodbye to killing insects :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dawah Team

Behind every successful man is a woman!

"Behind every successful man who devotes his time to serving the Deen, is a woman.

She encourages him and supports him, takes care of the children and the household,

she serves his ageing parents and his guests,

and she is content with whatever little he can provide"

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat (Hafizahullah)

Behind every successful man is a woman. And behind every successful woman is also a woman. :P

Haha, all credit goes only to  woman :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...