IslamicTeachings.org

Random Discussions

To be honest cheating doesnt get anyone anywhere. Cheating is ridicilous in my opinion. I mean you are just lying to yourself.Whats the point? Accept the failure, study so hard next time :) Hahaha also its not even fair to someone who studies so hard. Imagine that person ( the one who cheated) gets same mark as you? Bad indeed.

• Like 1

Hey, maybe the sister likes soup :) 

About cheating - now, lets try to think about this from another angle but before we do lets agree and make it clear - CRYSTAL CLEAR - that cheating is a big no-no. I have a huge problem with people who go after cheaters alone. Cheating is one thing but to rig a system to make it conducive to cheating and in some instances really make cheating the only option, then I would say that if cheating is a problem we need to look at the system in which it is happening. That system may be school or work or even social services or family or something else. Lets not jump to lynch people but think:  "why are these people cheating... what is pushing them to cheat?"

When it comes to school and exams... it is NOT always the ones who study hard who get into certain schools etc... we have to look back to a time before that exam and ask questions like - how many resources did the student have access to? Is the student's access to resources the same as other students? If the second question is answered negatively - that difference can very well be one reason why some are able to move ahead easier than others in a system that can be argued to favour the ones with the upper hand in such circumstances

In other words, we need to be able to see that the system (in this case education) is not a fair playing field - at least that is the case when it comes to dunyawi things like career advancement and prestige. 

• Like 1

sister AyeshaZainaP,

would u tell if we give u kababs and soup?

:)

Lol! kababs and SOUP? no way!

Oo new member:) As salamu alaikum dear sister Muslim 11 :) To be honest so far, nobody gotten closer to the food i really like :) Well i reveal it afterall you all tried your best :) İf you give me çif köfte maybe i think about it :) What can i say its my favourite :) Kabab and soup.... Big No No :) İ totally agree with dear admin :)

About cheating - now, lets try to think about this from another angle but before we do lets agree and make it clear - CRYSTAL CLEAR - that cheating is a big no-no. I have a huge problem with people who go after cheaters alone. Cheating is one thing but to rig a system to make it conducive to cheating and in some instances really make cheating the only option, then I would say that if cheating is a problem we need to look at the system in which it is happening. That system may be school or work or even social services or family or something else. Lets not jump to lynch people but think:  "why are these people cheating... what is pushing them to cheat?"

When it comes to school and exams... it is NOT always the ones who study hard who get into certain schools etc... we have to look back to a time before that exam and ask questions like - how many resources did the student have access to? Is the student's access to resources the same as other students? If the second question is answered negatively - that difference can very well be one reason why some are able to move ahead easier than others in a system that can be argued to favour the ones with the upper hand in such circumstances

In other words, we need to be able to see that the system (in this case education) is not a fair playing field - at least that is the case when it comes to dunyawi things like career advancement and prestige. 

can this be possible?

Best example... Turkish Education System

Oh but it is dear sis, unfortunately it is.  But we really have to look at it with a critical eye or else it isn't easy to see... 

Take higher education in countries like Turkiye for instance. There was a time when people attended state universities until the number of students balooned and so many found it difficult to get into careers they wanted so, for those with money, a new system was born - private institutions. Now, there may be grants and bursaries etc. available for lower income students but still, a student from a low income background has to work really hard to get into university based on their grades and exam scores whereas others with money can afford to do things differently. Also, students from lower income backgrounds may have to do without additional things like private tutors and a network of people to rely on etc. that presumably help those who can afford them or are connected. The playing field is far from fair and to me, this is a type of cheating too.

• Like 1

Another example I can think of is low-income single-mothers in North America. They are put through so many bureaucratic wringers that it becomes a matter of survival in a sense and pushes some women to lie to officials. Is it cheating? You bet... but why are they cheating and why is the system so messed up that a woman who can't afford food must do so in order to get food stamps? The system may not do it purposely but the way it is set up and built on (rather than re-vamped altogether) makes it so that those who learn how to get around it, do. 

• Like 1

Dear sister to be honest this is the ony way :( Because as you know younger population is higher than most of the countries in the world so they have to create a system which will differ the smart student? They have turned kids to testing robots. They took their rights of having fun. They pushed them to drinking smoking and drugs. Such a sad reality. But in someways this is the only way to differ which one is the best one. Cos other systems wont work.

• Like 1

Well my dear sis, as you struggle and work hard to attain what you want, you must know that there are many who don't and yet they get to where they want to go... that is not 'fair' nor is it an efficient or effective way to weed out the "best" from the rest. 

• Like 1

Alhamdulillah, Islam has the solution for all these issues and insha'Allah our communities, led by qualified and reliable scholars, can help steer us to a much better reality - one that is good, fair and just.

For now, we just need to know that these systems are far from fair/just/good - recognize it, strive to be the best we can be despite it, be the best ambassadors of Islam that we can be, and work hard to end such injustices. And... help each other in the struggle against the current, the struggle towards Falah.

• Like 3

Well my dear sis, as you struggle and work hard to attain what you want, you must know that there are many who don't and yet they get to where they want to go... that is not 'fair' nor is it an efficient or effective way to weed out the "best" from the rest. 

Alhamdulillah, Islam has the solution for all these issues and insha'Allah our communities, led by qualified and reliable scholars, can help steer us to a much better reality - one that is good, fair and just.

For now, we just need to know that these systems are far from fair/just/good - recognize it, strive to be the best we can be despite it, be the best ambassadors of Islam that we can be, and work hard to end such injustices. And... help each other in the struggle against the current, the struggle towards Falah.

I totally agree with you dear sister. Like you say Towards Falah :)

• Like 1

to be fair aapa Acacia's input is (as always MashaAllah) very informative and thought provoking.

Islam most certainly has the answers! Taqwa is the key word. Once a person attains Taqwa, no situation will lead the person to cheating or lying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dawah Team

:sl:

Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu dear sister Marryam:

Masha'Allah on your exams and the way you handled the test within a test :) and insha'Allah you will be successful in both worlds!

Ameen.

hmm.. sister ayesha! didnt u say soup is ur fav?

Welcome :)

• Dawah Team

wa'alaykumus salaam

You should be able to edit. Can you tell me what message comes up?

No message.

I clicked on edit, add some words, then clicked on "save changes"  but changes remain unsaved.   

I'd try to do again.  :insh:

Edit: Now I did it successfully :) Don't know what was the problem yesterday I did it thrice but didn't work. 
:jazak:

• Dawah Team

Thats a great great great site. I love it.  :mash:  One can find everything here. 

:jazak:  Honey api Ummitaalib. May Allah reward you the highest place in Jannah (with me :P) Ameen. 

Thats a great great great site. I love it.  :mash:  One can find everything here. 

:jazak:  Honey api Ummitaalib. May Allah reward you the highest place in Jannah (with me :P) Ameen. 

Aameen! : )

make du'a for acceptance for all efforts of Deen everywhere

• Like 1