IslamicTeachings.org

Rejecting a fardh of Deen

ummtaalib

Rejecting a fardh of Deen

Q: My question is that I know in lslam if someone rejects any fardh of Deen then he is no longer a Mu'min, he will become a kaafir. So I ask you how many faraaidh are there in Islam? Can we have a count of them? Can we have a list of them as well, so that we can save ourselves.

bismillah.jpg

A: In essence one should believe in everything that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) had explained to be Fardh as Fardh and everything He had explained to be Sunnah as Sunnah. Similarly one should believe in everything that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) explained to be impermissible as impermissible. Apart from the four fundamental Faraaidh that we are acquainted with viz. Namaaz, Fasting, Zakaat and Hajj, there are different actions which become Fardh on a person at different times during his life. Some action could become Fardh on a person once or twice in a lifetime e.g. His family member passes away and he is obligated with the responsibility to wind and distribute the estate. This may become Fardh upon him only once or twice in his lifetime. It is not Fardh all the time on him. Hence to encompass all the Faraaidh on a person during his entire life will be difficult. Whenever you are faced with any situation or any mas'alah you should refer to the Ulama' and find out what is compulsory upon you at that time.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

:sl:

someone  told  me  if  one  disobeys   Allah  in  any single  matter  ,  it's  considered  as  shirk  .  I  wonder  how is that possible ?  Because  Allah   says  He  may  forgive   any  sin  except  shirk.

wa'alaykumus salaam

I've never heard that sis...I think if you need to make sure best to ask a scholar...try one of the Q/A sites in the Hanafai Fiqh section