IslamicTeachings.org

Forgiving For The Sake Of Allah.

Naqshband66

Hazrat Hakeemul Ummat Mujaddid e Millat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) once mentioned in a lecture that a woman put extra salt in the food by mistake. Her husband thereupon decided this matter with Allah and said: “O Allah! She has made a mistake by making the food salty, so for Your sake I forgive this wife of mine who is your bondswoman. She has a connection with You, therefore I forgive her.” All this he thought in his heart and forgave his wife and did not tell her anything.

After he had passed away, someone saw him in a dream and asked him how he fared? He replied: “Matters were very frightening, great sins of mine were presented, but Allah told me that He forgave me and I am free to go, as one day I forgave His bondswoman (my wife), for making the food too salty.”

How would we like our son-in-law to treat our daughter if she makes a mistake? Would we not like that he should forgive her? When the son-in-law troubles our daughter, we run to buzrug’s for taweez and duas. Similarly, our wives are also someone else’s daughters. Must we not show mercy to them? We argue and fight so much with them that they cry inside and have no one to complain to in the in-law’s house. Their sighs and laments too will surely catch up with you one day!

Source: Treatment of Anger by Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sab (Ra)

• Like 1