IslamicTeachings.org

Purpose Of Man

Naqshband66

PURPOSE OF MAN 

By Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmed d.b

Created to Worship 

Man has been created to worship Allah When he becomes forgetful of this and becomes weak in his worship and connection with Allah he falls from his status and becomes lower than animals. 

An Awakening Moment. 

Hadrat Bahlol Dana rah was walking by a waterfront when he saw some children playing, and saw another child sitting by himself lost in thought. Hadrat Bahlol rah approached this child and asked him why he was not playing with the others. The child looked at Hadrat Bahlol rah and quoted a verse from the Holy Quran: 

"Does man think he will be left uncontrolled (without purpose)?" (75:36)

Hadrat Bahlol rah was astonished to hear something so grave coming from what appeared to be a young child, and said upon reflection, “You seem to be very intelligent, give me some advice.” The child recited some poetic verses: 

"O traveler, your time is short. Make preparations before you come, and don't let them fall short."

Hadrat Bahlol rah started crying and said, “You are yet so young. It would be more understandable if you were someone older who was reflecting on his past sins. What is the reason for this lamenting at such a young age?” 

The child looked at him and said, “I look at my mother lighting the fire for dinner. She uses small sticks to have the fire catch, and then puts in the larger sticks. I often think that Allah  too has to light the Fire of Hell, and I fear that He might give the command to have the little children thrown in before the adults. Bahlol, when I think upon this I cry.” 

Man has been sent to this world for the worship and pleasure of Allah u.If man does not understand this then he has not understood anything. The Holy Quran says: 

"If you count the favors of Allah, never will you be able to number them" (14:34) 

Mankind is immersed in the blessings of Allah  - the air that he breathes; the foods that he eats; the comforts that he enjoys. The reality should be that we praise Him to the degree that we enjoy His blessings However, man is such an ingrate that he enjoys Allah’s u blessings but remains in doubt and complaintregarding His Creator.Man forgets His purpose and is heedless to the fact that he has not been sent here to live forever. People have to realize that some day they have to depart this life for the next, and so they have to prepare. 

May Allah help us understanding the purpose of our life and keep us steadfast on the deen. Ameen

• Like 4

Brother Naqshband,

If you have a collection of short inspirational quotes by Shaykh Zufiqar (Hafizahulkllah) or any of his khulafa, would you be able to open on thread and post when you can like here with quotes of Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahulla) and here with quotes of Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat (hafizahullah) . There is also one for quotes of Shaykh Abdul Hamid Ishaq