IslamicTeachings.org

Advice To My “Online” Daughter!

ColonelHardstone

• Dawah Team

Advice to my “online” daughter!    

Introduction:

Dear Daughter,

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

It seems like just yesterday when you were taking your first steps and trying to walk. You tried to stand and then fell down with a thump so many times but you kept trying and eventually you took your first steps.

Alhumdolillah, I was proud of you then and I am proud of you now.

My daughter, you have all grown up but the challenges you faced when you were learning to walk and the challenges you face now, remain. Their nature may have changed, their severity hasn’t. Yesterday when you fell on your back while trying to stand wasn’t anything major and you were able to stand again. Today, when you fall on your back it may not be so easy for you to get up and walk again because the injuries may be to your soul and to your Eeman; so watch out!

My daughter, I bought you a phone and laptop for your personal use because I trust you will use them conscientiously and that Allah Ta'aala will guide you in your decisions when doing so, I still fear Shaytaan's meddling and fear for your innocence. You will forever be "my little daughter" and nothing will change that. No matter how many times I am told how you are all grown up now, as your father I will always be protective and look out for you. I can't help it so forgive the silliness of this old man!

I love you and I care dearly about you. I was there when you were born, I called the Adhan in your ear, and I took you home on your first day; so, I can't help it... By Allah! I can't help but to look out for you!

We may have some differences of opinion and Allah (SWT) has given you the right to an opinion and to exercise it. Despite our disagreements, I will NEVER stand in your way but I would want you to go about taking decisions the right way.

Shura (consultation):

My daughter, you have the right to make your decision but if you make those decisions based on the commandments of Allah (SWT) and the noble Sunnah of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) then the Barakah and blessings of Allah (SWT) will be part of your decision and will enrich your life.

[42:38] and those who have responded to their Lord (in submission to Him), and have established Salah, and whose affairs are (settled) with mutual consultation between them, and who spend out of what We have given to them,

But in order to consult, you need to know who to consult with! My daughter, Allah (SWT) has commanded us to refer our matters to Scholars (Ulamah) and no aspect of our life as a Muslim is absolved from this commandment.

[16:43] So, ask the people (having the knowledge) of the Reminder (the earlier Scriptures), if you do not know.

You have trusted your father for so long and it is most appreciated but in order for you to move ahead in your Dunya and hereafter you need to learn to think for yourself. I won’t be around forever and I advise you to ascertain the credibility of the Ulamah and Mashaykh whom you consult. Not everyone who is active on an Islamic forum or has millions of hits on facebook or appears persuasive on youtube can be trusted. Not everyone who can write eloquently or speak fluently is trustworthy. Refer your matters to Ulamah and Mashaykh who are trusted by “other Ulamah and Mashaykh”.

This Deen of Allah (SWT) was revealed upon Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) through the noble and trusted Sayyidina Gibrael (AS) and then it was transmitted to the Sahaba (RA) and then onwards until it has reached us. We have ensured that we have acquired it from noble Ulamah and Mashaykh, men and women of trustworthiness and Taqwa who were (and are) trusted in their times by notable, credible and authentic Ulamah and Mashaykh of our times. Facebook, twitter, youtube, WhatsApp Islamic forums don’t change the rules of seeking Deen.

Sacred knowledge was in the hearts of men, then it moved into books, and the keys to these books are in the hands of scholars (rijal). This implies the necessity of acquiring knowledge from the people who master it.

My daughter, know that authentic knowledge will be taken away by the passing of sincere Ulamah and Mashaykh and that misguided fools will take over in their place.These fools will be utterly misguided and they will misguide!

Truly, Allah does not remove Sacred Knowledge by taking it out of servants, but rather by taking back the souls of Islamic scholars [in death], until, when He has not left a single scholar, the people take the ignorant as leaders, who are asked for and who give Islamic legal opinion without knowledge, misguided and misguiding [bukhari]

My advice would be incomplete if I didn't leave you with the details of some Ulamah and Mashaykh who are trusted by other Ulamah and Mashaykh and whom you can contact for guidance. It is our duty as Muslims to propagate goodness. You should use your online skills to propagate and publicize information and Insha'Allah it will add to your treasure of rewards for the hereafter. Importantly, whoever finds this beneficial will remember you in their duas.

1 Shaykh (Mufti) Zubair Dudha (HA): Email him through the site or ring him on +44-(01924)450-422 between the hours of 17:00-19:00 Monday through Friday. If you wish to speak to his wife then request it

2  Shaykh Mufti Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf Mangera (HA): You can email him on  [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3  Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (HA): Specify gender as female

a Women globally should contact this site

b Women in USA should contact this site

c Women in UK should contact [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

d Women in Pakistan should contact this site

Shaykh Abdul Hamid Ishaq (HA): Shaykh (HA) can be emailed on [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or contacted in South Africa on +27 11 413 2786/+27 83 590 5123

5  Shaykh (Mufti) Zubair Butt (HA): Shaykh (HA) can be emailed on [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Madrasa Madania Tahfeezul Quran: An Islamically qualified sister can be contacted via MMTQ on [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

CONTINUE READING

• Like 3