IslamicTeachings.org

Tasbeeh-E-Fatimi

SAFAH

Haji Farooq Saheb ra senior Khalifa of Hadrat Maulana Maseehullah Saheb  had mentioned, If a person visits a certain country and sees a beautiful plant, he may desire to take it home. However, there are certain aspects that are of concern to him.

The first concern is, Will it grow in his country? There are certain plants that grow in one country but not in another country. The climate doesn’t allow growth.

Secondly, Will he be permitted to import it? Certain countries have strict import regulations. Plants from other countries cannot be imported.

Thirdly, Will he be able to transport the plants in a suitable manner?

Fourthly, He has to finally dig a hole and plant it. He will then have to monitor the plant throughout the year. It shouldn’t get destroyed by the frost in winter; it should receive adequate water and sunshine during the year. He will also have to be careful that the children do not damage the plant whilst playing. Also, the owner could pass away before the plant grows fully.

In the Hadith, Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam is reported to have said  Subhanallah is a plant in Jannat. If a person recites Subhanallah 33 times, he has planted 33 plants in Jannat. Similarly, if he recites Alhamdulillah 33 times or Allahu Akbar 34 times, which make up Tasbeeh-e-Fatima.

How large is a tree in Jannat?

ان فى الجنة شجرة يسير الراكب فى ظلها مائة عام لا يقطعها ولقاب قوس احدكم فى الجنة خير من الدنيا وما فيها (مشكوة)

Verily, there is a tree in Jannat under which a rider will ride for one hundred years but he will unable to cover the distance of its shade; And most certainly (the space of) the width of one’s bow in Jannat is better than the world and its content.

If we build a house on our plot in the world, the size of the plot decreases. However, the more trees a person plants by making the Zikr of Allah, the plots of Jannat increase in size.Tasbeeh-e-Fatima is a treasure from Allah. A treasure refers to a valuable item that one possesses yet he is unaware of it.
Hadrat Fatima  in spite of being the queen of the women of Jannat, used to personally carry out all the household chores to such an extent that she had blisters on her hand. Hadrat Ali  informed her that some slaves have arrived (from the spoils of war), therefore she should request a slave from Rasulullah g to assist her in her household chores. She came to Rasulullah   but could not present her request due to her modesty. This is a quality that is lost in the Ummah today.

اذا فاتك الحياء فافعل ما شئت

When modesty is lost, do as you desire.

Rasulullah  sallallahu alayhi wa sallam was informed of Fatima’s arrival, so he went to her house and enquired of her reason for coming. An important lesson should be learnt here as well. The relationship between parents and children should be of this nature (parents should be concerned of their kids). She then presented her request to Rasulullah  sallallahu alayhi wa sallam who replied by saying, “if you wish, I will give you a slave, but it is better for you to personally carry out the household chores.”

Once again, a great lesson for the womenfolk. Generally, we have maids working in our homes, and the housewife now has to go to the gym, recreational centres, etc. to keep fit. If the womenfolk carry out their household chores themselves, there will not be any need to attend the gyms, recreational centres, etc.

Nevertheless, Rasulullah  requested Hadrat Fatima  to recite 33 times Subhanallah, 33 times Alhamdulillah and 34 times Allahu Akbar which is termed as Tasbeeh-e-Fatima. This would then serve as an energy booster.

From the above, we understand that Zikrullah gives energy to a person. Nowadays, we take a break when we are exhausted and fatigued. We go to a resort to re-vitalise, whereas the solution to our problem lies in the Zikr of Allah . We cannot get up for Fajr Salaah and we acknowledge our weakness, we cannot control our gazes, our anger is out of control, we are physically and spiritually weak, etc. the solution to these problems lie in Zikrullah.
“Subhanallah” means that Allah is pure. When a person recites “Subhanallah”, Allah  says, “I am pure whether you say that I’m pure or not, but I will now purify you.”

“Alhamdulillah” means all praises belong to Allah . When one recites “Alhamdulillah”, Allah  says, All praises belong to Me whether you praise Me or not but I will now make people praise you.”

“Allahu-Akbar” means Allah is the greatest. When one recites “Allahu-Akbar” then Allah  says, “I am the greatest whether you attest to it or not but I will now make people honour and respect you.”

We say that we are not worthy of respect, thus do not respect me. This is a statement uttered by foolish people. Respect is necessary for system to remain intact in the world. If there isn’t any system in our home, classroom, masjid, etc. there would be chaos.

Previously we had to scrub, then polish, then shine. Nowadays, scientists have invented a polish that scrubs, shines and polishes which is three in one. Similarly the Zikr of Allah  will cleanse the heart of a person, polish it and finally goodness will come into a person.

Tasbeeh-e-Fatima should be recited after every Salaah and before retiring to bed. By doing so, a person will recite it six hundred times, allowing him to plant six hundred trees in Jannat.

Hadrat Ibrahim u informed Rasulullah g on the occasion of Mi’raaj that Jannat is a barren land, the plants of Jannat are, “Subhanallah”, “Alhamdulillah”, Allahu-Akbar.”

Reciting this Tasbeeh (of Fatima ) barely takes a minute, thus it should be part of our daily practice.

This Zikr is a medicine that can be purchased over the counter; one does not require a prescription. In other words we can all act upon it. May Allah grant us the Taufeeq to practice. Ameen!    

http://jamiat.org.za/blog/tasbeeh-e-fatimi/

• Like 1