Fasting Du'as

ummtaalib

Dua (Prayer) at the Beginning of the Fast

Dua_sahoor__306x54.GIF

Wa bisawmi ghadinn nawaiytu min shahri ramadan

I intend to keep the fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan

Dua (Prayer) at the End of the Fast

dua_iftar2__533x50.GIF

Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu wa alayka tawakkaltu wa ala rizq-ika-aftartu

O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You and I put my trust in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Inspirational Dua before Ramadaan

The month of Ramadaan is almost upon us. Preparation for the blessed month should commence in earnest for indeed every moment of Ramadaan is most valuable.

Ubaadah bin Saamit Radhiyallahu Anhu reports, Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam used to teach us this Dua at the approach of Ramadaan:

اَللَّهُمَّ سَلِّمْنِيْ لِرَمَضَانَ وَسَلِّمْ رَمَضَانَ لِيْ وَسَلِّمْهُ لِيْ مُتَقَبَّلَا

Allahumma Sallimnee Li Ramadaana Wa Sallim Ramadaana Lee Wa Sallimhu Lee Mutaqabbala (Kanz-ul-ummal)

“O Allah! Safeguard me for the Month of Ramadaan (by making me see the Month of Ramadaan fit and healthy), and safeguard the Month of Ramadaan for me (by making the conditions in it such that I can take maximum benefit from it) and accept it from me.”

Jamiatul Ulama (KZN)

Council of Muslim Theologians

223 Alpine Road, Overport, Durban

• Like 1

:sl:

Dua at the beginning of the fast is not masnoon? So, just niyyah for fast within heart would suffice, right?

wa'alaykumus salaam ww

Yes niyyah is necessary..following is from inter-islam

The Niyyat (intention)

1. The Niyyat (intention) of fasting is NECESSARY. If a person stays away from all those things that break one's fast without a Niyyah, the fast will NOT be valid. 

2. It is NOT necessary to express the Niyyat verbally as Niyyat means to intend. Thus, the intention at heart will suffice. However, it is better to express the Niyyat verbally

as for dua:

I need to make sure because the Niyyah in the first post is coming as a dua for fasting

• Like 1