IslamicTeachings.org

Surat 'taha'

alhamdulilaah

Admin Edit:

Assalaamu 'alaykum

Respected Brother, Jazakallaah for posting however the content has been removed. At IslamicTeachings we do not allow the tafseer of Maududi sahib.

Please see below:

http://maududiexamined.wordpress.com/

There is a brief review of Maududi’s life and works, by the late Muhaddith of Pakistan: Shaykh Muhammad Yusuf Banuri, ['The Maududi Calamity'] in the following words :

“I admired many things about Maududi Saheb and detested many. For a long time I did not wish to degrade him. I felt that from his innovated style of presentation the modern generation could benefit. Although at times such compositions appeared from him that it was not possible to endure it, but taking into consideration the Deeni (religious) well being, I tolerated and kept silent. I did not foresee that this fitnah (mischief) would spread worldwide and have a detrimental effect on the Arab world; that every day from his master pen new buds would keep on blossoming, and indecent words would be used regarding the Sahabah kiraam Ridhwanullahi Alayhim and the Anbiyya (Prophets) Alayhimus Salaam. Later on, such things appeared commonly in the Tafhimul Quraan.

Now it has become known without doubt that his writings and publications are the greatest fitnah of the present time, notwithstanding a few beneficial treatises that have appeared. It is the case of, ‘and the sin of them is greater than their usefulness.’[surah al-Baqara: 219] Now that stage has been reached where to keep silent seems to be a great crime. It is regretted that for forty years an offensive silence was kept. Now the time has dawned, where without fear of rebuttal and censure all his writings from A to Z should be thoroughly studied with a view to fulfill the demands for the preservation of the Deen with Haqq (truth) and justice.”

May Allah accept this small effort and protect the Ummah from misguidance. Aameen.

so which kuran you think or you want bring a surah so we can discuss ..Please be polite and try to understand the Present situation of muslims:jazaka Lllah Kjeir

Brother, I'm not a scholar so I cannot discuss and "compare" Qur'an translations and commentaries. It would be very foolish of me indeed if I start discussions on issues I have no knowledge of. Therefore it is best on to rely on Ulama who are pious and knowledgeable in many sciences of Islam.

As far as the Maududi translation is concerned please read the first post. I do not make decisions while relying on my own understanding but on the verdicts of Scholars. I apologise for nor adding Maududi sahib Here but it has now been added. I hope this is helpful.

The following are  reliable translations and commentaries which I know of:

Illuminating Discourses on the Noble Qur'an' Mufti Aashiq Ilahi

Ma'ariful Qur'an by Mufti Shafi

Qur'an made Easy by Mufti A. H. Elias

The Meaning of the Noble Qur'an by Mufti Taqi Usmani

The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'an by Mohammad Pickthall

inshaAllah will to the list

Brother, I'm not a scholar so I cannot discuss and "compare" Qur'an translations and commentaries. It would be very foolish of me indeed if I start discussions on issues I have no knowledge of. Therefore it is best on to rely on Ulama who are pious and knowledgeable in many sciences of Islam.

As far as the Maududi translation is concerned please read the first post. I do not make decisions while relying on my own understanding but on the verdicts of Scholars. I apologise for nor adding Maududi sahib Here but it has now been added. I hope this is helpful.

The following are  reliable translations and commentaries which I know of:

Illuminating Discourses on the Noble Qur'an' Mufti Aashiq Ilahi

Ma'ariful Qur'an by Mufti Shafi

Qur'an made Easy by Mufti A. H. Elias

The Meaning of the Noble Qur'an by Mufti Taqi Usmani

The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'an by Mohammad Pickthall

inshaAllah will to the list

asalaam aleykum

Jazaka Llah Kheir,

having seen "union jack flag'(as your location); i realized as you are a perfect partner we can at list. as you have stated as not Scholar;but relaying on scholars you have stated; now Bi Lah aleyki  "had we really have the scholars will this Ummat now be in this situation? I have been to england and have learn  a lot from the people; They are keen in listening and then POLITELY they will put their wanting to be clarified; No matter how other people do talk about; I learned from their question as For Me-to Learn should we come to the point; simultaneously Should i come out as i was wrong they will not Deny Me but keen teaching me the correct way.

I am Muslim and Islam is what we are all talking about. For your information i have registered to the

WordPress.com

why because to trace out what being added against Maududi and of course Learn. BUT WHAT SURPRISES ME why you are not prepared to even read His Translation(is there any human Perfect)

i do not know i should address you as sister or brother, but let us between me and you take one Surat "Al Fajr" look at what your scholars have translated it and see mauduis(let us not talk about his personalities BUT his translations etc. Shall we Please

I give you his link and you give of any their link  Let us find who went deep and agreeable. Thank you

(Admin: link removed)

(please note my english is not as highly qualified but i beleived Our Prophet Muhammad was Umiy. I hope u understand that.

thanking you in anticipation.

wa'alaykumus salaam w

You have missed my point brother. Read this again

It would be very foolish of me indeed if I start discussions on issues I have no knowledge of. Therefore it is best on to rely on Ulama who are pious and knowledgeable in many sciences of Islam.

I prefer to rely on the opinions of known and reliable scholars. if they say there exists mistakes in a certain translation then for my own safety it is best for me to not read that translation. Now how can I then discuss these issues being a layperson with no knowledge of Arabic or any of the sciences with another layperson?

Brother  we do not encourage such discussions here. Please refrain from  posting links to sites, the content of which is unrelaibale. Jazaakallah

The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'ân, by M.M. Pickthall, at sacred-texts.com

103. al-`Asr: Time

1 By the declining day,
2 Lo! man is a state of loss,
3 Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.

Edited by alhamdulilaah

wa'alaykumus salaam w

You have missed my point brother. Read this again

I prefer to rely on the opinions of known and reliable scholars. if they say there exists mistakes in a certain translation then for my own safety it is best for me to not read that translation. Now how can I then discuss these issues being a layperson with no knowledge of Arabic or any of the sciences with another layperson?

Brother  we do not encourage such discussions here. Please refrain from  posting links to sites, the content of which is unrelaibale. Jazaakallah

Asalaam aleykum;

i have tried;and you being from advance countries i was hoping to look at the Matter ISLAM .....you could me Ulama who knows but at least LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND.

(2:256) There is no compulsion and coercion in regard to religion. *285 The right thing has been made distinct from the wrong thing: now whoever rejects taghut *286 and believes in Allah has taken a firm support that never gives way.

asalaam aleykum.

The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'ân, by M.M. Pickthall, at sacred-texts.com

103. al-`Asr: Time

1 By the declining day,

2 Lo! man is a state of loss,

3 Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.

assalaamu 'alaykum

I don't know where you got this translation you've quoted from brother but its incorrect.....the following is a pdf from here:

sabr.com/.../1-the-holy-quran-text-and-translations?...3%3Apickthall...pd...

and this is the translation from the PDF by Pickthall: (note the "in" in red)

Surah 103. Al-Asr

1. By the declining day,

2. Lo! man is in a state of loss,

3. Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.

And also I have the same translation as above in my copy here

My advice is to access translations from safe sites only as the Qur'an and Hadith can be changed on the internet.

• Dawah Team

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

During the last century we have had two prominent and powerful literary personalities amongst the Muslim world namely Sayyid Qutb
(RA) amongst the Arabs (an Egyptian)
and Maulana Abul A'la Maududi (RA amongst the Non-Arabs (an Indian).

1. Both were born and raised during the colonial era of European domination of Muslim lands.
  2. Both were obviously concerned about the subjugation and slavery of Muslim lands
  3. Both were obviously very concerned about the state of the Ummah
  4. Both wrote, spoke and worked to revive the Sunnah amongst the masses and to drive Muslims towards Islam.
  5. Both were not Scholars
  6. Both wrote Tafseers of the Qur’aan amongst many prominent works

The Fatwa of Arab Ulamah towards Sayyid Qutb (RA) and Indian (Pakistani) Ulamah towards Maulana Abul A'la Maududi (RA) . is pretty much the same which is and here we quote Arab Ulamah

الأستاذ " سيد قطب " ليس من العلماء ، فلا يُعرف له ترجيحات في الحديث ، أو الفقه ، أو التفسير ، وإنما هو كاتب أديب ، أحب الإسلام ودافع عنه ، ودعا إليه وقد مات في سبيله ـ فيما يظهر لنا ـ ونسأل الله أن يكون من الشهداء .

وله كتابات متنوعة ، فيها الصواب وفيها الخطأ ، والعلماء الذين وقعوا في أخطاء في العقيدة أو الحديث أو الفقه : لم نرَ أحداً من أهل العلم حرَّم الأخذ منهم بالكلية
، ولا من هجر النقل عنهم مطلقاً ، هذا مع أن منهم دعاة لمذاهبهم العقيدية ، ومتعصبة لمذاهبهم الفقهية ، وهذا من إنصاف أهل السنَّة مع المخالفين

Ustaadh Sayyid Qutb is not a scholar and he is not known for any contribution in hadeeth, fiqh or tafseer. Rather he was a literary man who loved Islam, defended it and promoted it, and he died for its sake – as it appears to us – and we ask Allah to cause him to be among the martyrs. 

He wrote various books, in which he got somethings right and made some mistakes. With regard to the scholars who fell into errors with regard to ‘aqeedah (belief), hadeeth or fiqh, we do not think that any of the scholars have said that it is haraam to learn from them altogether or to refrain from quoting them altogether. This is despite the fact that some of them promoted their beliefs and their fiqhi madhhabs. This is a an example of the fair-mindedness of Ahl as-Sunnah towards those who differ from them.

Both of them have now passed away and it is against Sunnah to start disparagaing and disrespecting people, instead we leave the matter to Allah (SWT)

أخبرنا إبراهيم بن يعقوب قال حدثني أحمد بن إسحق قال حدثنا وهيب قال حدثنا منصور بن عبد الرحمن عن أمه عن عائشة قالت ذكر عند النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم هالك بسوء فقال لا تذكروا هلكاكم إلا بخير

Sayyida Aisha (RA) narrates that Something bad was said in the presence of the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) about a person who had died. He said: 'Do not say anything but good about your dead" [sunan An-Nasa'i]

But since they were not Scholars it can't be left upto the laymen to read and figure out where they were correct and where they made a mistake as laymen (comman people) are not experts themselves so how can they critique someone else's work?

So it is advised for people to simply refer to Authentic Ulamah (Scholars) who have written Tafaseer (commentaries) and refrain from reading from somone who wasn't a Scholar. Let the experts (Scholars) decide what to quote and what not to quote from their works...

Maktaba Darul-uloom Deoband a few years ago published a Tafseer of the Qur'aan and they mention in the foreword that they have taken a lot of material from the Tafseer of Maulana Abul A'la Maududi (RA)  and it is available in Urdu and people are free to read it because it has been checked and published by Ulamah

Jazakullah Khaiurn