IslamicTeachings.org

Durud Shareef - Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel (Rahmatullahi 'alayh)

• Dawah Team
01_TheGreenDome.jpg

During a visit to Madina Munawwarah[1], I was sitting in the courtyard, on the marble floor, outside the Masjidun Nabawi[2] (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam), near the Raudha Mubarak[3], looking at the Green Dome, and in deep thought. A doctor from Johannesburg, walked by. After greeting me with Salaam, he asked me as to what I was watching.

I replied : ‘The flights coming into Madina Shareef.’

He replied : ‘No planes are permitted to fly in the vicinity of the Haram Shareef[4].’

I explained : ‘The flights are the flights of the angels, who have collected the Durud[5] and Salaam[6] of millions of Muslims, throughout the world, and who are now conveying these to Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam).’

The Hadeeth Sharief mentions : ‘ Verily Allah has certain angels wandering all over the earth. They convey to me the Salaat of my Ummah[7].’

…This should not be difficult to understand in this day and age of advanced technology. Thousands of people are making phone calls to people in different cities and countries of the world. Within seconds, there is a connection and the person is able to speak.

Rasulullah’s (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam) Ihsaan (favour) upon us is tremendous. Durud Shareef should therefore become our daily practice as it develops that connection with Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam).

Using the remarkable gift of imagination, one should imagine the angels conveying one’s Durud Shareef in the court of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam)or imagine standing before the Raudha Mubarak and personally presenting Salaat and Salaam to the Master of all men, the Seal of all the Prophets, the Crown of the Believers, the Illuminator of the universe, the Leader of the pious, the Protector and Guide of the Believers and the Beloved of Allah Ta’ala, Sayyidina[8] Muhammad (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam).

This noble and lofty ibaadah[9] of conveying Salaat and Salaam with sincerity, attention and meditation will create a ‘kaifiyyat’ or special feeling within the heart as well as gain one the Qurb[10] of Allah Ta’ala, since Rasulullah(Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam) is the Beloved of Allah Ta’ala.

Moreover, the person who conveys Salaat and Salaam becomes the beneficiary to many, many bounties, in this world and the next. Some of these are :

-      Sins are forgiven,
-      Stages elevated in the hereafter,
-      Protection from Jahannum,
-      Protection from harm,
-      Intercession of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa-Sallam),
-      Securing the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala.

It also draws the Rahmah (mercy) of Allah Ta’ala and invites barakah (blessings) into our homes, businesses, and lives, and relieves from various anxieties.
Through the recitation of Durud Shareef, our duas (supplications) are also accepted.

By Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb
(Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh)

Capture09.PNG

[1] Madina Munawwarah : The Enlightened City
[2] Masjidun Nabawi (1)  : The Sacred Mosque of the Prophet  (1) .
[3] Raudha Mubarak : Blessed garden (in reference to the Prophet’s (1)  grave)
[4] Haram Shareef : The Holy Mosque of the Prophet (1)  
[5] Durud/Salaat : Seeking Allah’s Blessings on the Prophet (1).
[6] Salaam : Salutation to the Prophet (1) .
[7] Ummah : Followers
[8] Sayyidina : Our Leader
[9] Ibaadah : Worship
[10] Qurb : proximity, nearness.