IslamicTeachings.org

Polygyny: Stories of Co-Wives

ummtaalib

• Dawah Team

Some of these stories come from Islamophobe Tabloid newspapers so according to Qur'aan we cannot believe them. We should concentrate on Qur'aan and Sunnah and not stories.

Problem with Stories is that there are hundreds of others which show bad experience.

My father had 2 wives and all my Brothers and Sisters have had a wonderful experience but who cares?

Some of these stories come from Islamophobe Tabloid newspapers so according to Qur'aan we cannot believe them. We should concentrate on Qur'aan and Sunnah and not stories.

Problem with Stories is that there are hundreds of others which show bad experience.

My father had 2 wives and all my Brothers and Sisters have had a wonderful experience but who cares?

Assalaamu 'alkaykum

Are you referring to the interview? Because the stories before that are mostly from reliable sources, many from my talking to various women

And yes of course there are many stories with bad experiences however theses stories are for inspiration

• Dawah Team

Assalaamu 'alkaykum

Are you referring to the interview? Because the stories before that are mostly from reliable sources, many from my talking to various women

And yes of course there are many stories with bad experiences however theses stories are for inspiration

W-Salam Khala,

Our inspiration is Allah and His Rasool (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and not stories because stories change and contradict. This is a matter in which Islam has given leeway so you can't encourage or discourage because it ends up with disastorus consequences like what happened on Sunniforum.

Men have Nafs and your encouragement goes the wrong way. Sisters are weak and need support and many may think that the solution lies in this Silver Bullet cally Polygyny. We all know the condition of our men and their Islamic practise.

This matter is Mubah and we should leave it to people's discretion and circumstances, Insha'Allah.

Personally for me; If you do know a Sister who can read/write in English language can help me run my website, proof read articles, be copied on emails, WhatsApp etc , I will marry her because its faster, better, cheaper and more reliable solution :P

• Like 1

Personally for me; If you do know a Sister who can read/write in English language can help me run my website, proof read articles, be copied on emails, WhatsApp etc , I will marry her because its faster, better, cheaper and more reliable solution :P

I could get the admin hat on and do an edit here...InshaAllah you find someone.....on a serious note however regarding the rest of your comment,

....i don't see it as "encouragement" though I can understand how the conclusion is made. I feel the media usually portrays nothing but a dark, evil side to polygamy in Islam....not to mention our Muslim brothers and sisters either rejecting it totally, ridiculing those who do enter into polygamous marriages or are simply dead against it. The advantages and "success" stories are not publicised enough and the fiasco thread on SF proves my point. Even someone like me who has neutral feelings about it was totally misunderstood when i tried to point how many men abused this option given to them by Allah ta'ala in the Qur'an. And why should we not publicise these success stories simply because of the  "condition of our men and their Islamic practice".......As for it being "Mubah", Allah ta'ala knows best as I've heard it categorised as a sunnah too

• Like 1

• Dawah Team

I could get the admin hat on and do an edit here...InshaAllah you find someone.....on a serious note however regarding the rest of your comment,

....i don't see it as "encouragement" though I can understand how the conclusion is made. I feel the media usually portrays nothing but a dark, evil side to polygamy in Islam....not to mention our Muslim brothers and sisters either rejecting it totally, ridiculing those who do enter into polygamous marriages or are simply dead against it. The advantages and "success" stories are not publicised enough and the fiasco thread on SF proves my point. Even someone like me who has neutral feelings about it was totally misunderstood when i tried to point how many men abused this option given to them by Allah ta'ala in the Qur'an. And why should we not publicise these success stories simply because of the  "condition of our men and their Islamic practice".......As for it being "Mubah", Allah ta'ala knows best as I've heard it categorised as a sunnah too

If you categorize it as Sunnah then you run the risk of labelling every man who is monogamous as someone is deficient in following the Sunnah including most Ulama, Mashaykh and Laymen of our times.

How do you plead?