IslamicTeachings.org

Respecting Husband’S Wish In Clothing

ummtaalib

Question

Asalaamualaikum

My husband wants me to wear Asian clothes as I am wearing English clothes. Although I wear jubba and niqaab outside. He doesnt like me wearing English clothes. What do I do?

Also my parents buy me clothes and my huaband is against it because he doesnt again like English clothing and also my parents getting clothes for me.

Jazakullah

Answer

Walaikumussalam w w

A Muslim should always wear modest clothing which maintains one’s Haya. Even if it is just inside the house, one should wear modest clothing. Modest clothing means, that the clothes should cover one’s Satr, and should not reveal the shape or form of the body.

Since your husband does not like you wearing English cloths, you should listen to your husband and respect his wish. At the end of the day, you dress nicely to please your husband not everybody else.

The Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said: “If a woman prays her five daily prayers, fasts the month of Ramadhan, guards her chastity and listens to her husband, it will be said to her: ‘Enter Paradise from whichever gate you wish.’” (Ibn Hibban)

And Allah is All Knowing

(Ismail K1/13)

http://www.tafseer-raheemi.com/q789-respecting-husbands-wish-in-clothing/