IslamicTeachings.org

Meelad Halaqah?

• Dawah Team

<p>Asslamo Allaikum,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A bunch of Non-Barelwee Sister conduct a weekly Halaqah and they are discussing to have a "Halal Meelad" in our of their Halaqahs:</p>
<p> </p>
<ol>
<li>There won't be any men attending</li>
<li>It will be just them other women and their children under 8/9</li>
<li>They will sing some Na'aats</li>
<li>They will recite Durood</li>
<li>They may do some Taleem from some books</li>
</ol>
<p>I am scratching my head but I am not sure if this can be classed as Haram or Bid'ah???</p>
<p> </p>

Wa'alaykumus salaam

Why make it a specific occassion? - durood should be recited any way at any gathering as a gathering without the remembrance of Allah and durood on Nabi sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam will be a means of regret on the Day of Qiyaamah

Why at this time of the year? Why not in another month?

Answers to these questions bother me....

Number 2: should be "other women", no?

• Dawah Team

Wa'alaykumus salaam

Why make it a specific occassion? - durood should be recited any way at any gathering as a gathering without the remembrance of Allah and durood on Nabi sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam will be a means of regret on the Day of Qiyaamah

Why at this time of the year? Why not in another month?

Answers to these questions bother me....

Number 2: should be "other women", no?

Yes, Sorry about the typo.

2 Answers:

Mufti Zubair Dudha (HA):

• Ok, if nothing impermissable takes place

Mufti (Sunnifoum):

• If they wait until Rabi-Awwal is over, it will be better
  • Don't call it Meelad call it general talk etc
  • It should be remembered that teh Deobandees are not against mentioning the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) & His birth as the impression given by Barelwees  but the Deobandi stance can be summarised as:
    • Not allowing Bi'dah
    • Not imitating Non-Muslim festivals and events in the name of Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)'s rememberance

<p>Asslamo Allaikum,</p>

<p> </p>

<p>A bunch of Non-Barelwee Sister conduct a weekly Halaqah and they are discussing to have a "Halal Meelad" in our of their Halaqahs:</p>

<p> </p>

<ol>

<li>There won't be any men attending</li>

<li>It will be just them other women and their children under 8/9</li>

<li>They will sing some Na'aats</li>

<li>They will recite Durood</li>

<li>They may do some Taleem from some books</li>

</ol>

<p>I am scratching my head but I am not sure if this can be classed as Haram or Bid'ah???</p>

<p> </p>

All my relatives do that but in this month female only..thats what i wanted to know is this bidah? im fighting against this and now mufti sahib allows it... one needs to make their mind up bidah or no bidah?

This is to do with a sisters ongoing halaqah sis i.e. a group of sisters meeting every week to learn and now in this month they wish to devote a lesson to the remembrance of Nabi sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam. Its not a specially organised gathering of celebration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dawah Team

All my relatives do that but in this month female only..thats what i wanted to know is this bidah? im fighting against this and now mufti sahib allows it... one needs to make their mind up bidah or no bidah?

2 Muftees have given Fatwa that such a situation will be permissable but I personally have my doubts and the Sisters cancelled the event anyways...

• Like 2