IslamicTeachings.org

Islam, Qadianism And Shiaism

ummtaalib

The existence of numerous sects - each one claiming to be rightly guided - is a predetermined fact which the Noble Qur'an makes reference to. Allah Ta'ala declares, 'And if your Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind a single unified group, but they will continue to dispute and differ' (Hud 118).

Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'Verily this nation (of Muslims) will be divided into seventy three sects. All of them would be in the fire except one.' When asked which one, he replied, 'The one that adheres to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of my companions.' (Abu Dawood).

This brief article, details some of the fundamental differences between Muslims, Qadianis and the Shiites. It is hoped that the reference below will highlight some of the deviant beliefs of both the Shiites and the Qadianis.

STATUS OF THE QUR'AN

Islam

The Qur'an in its present form is authentic, complete and protected from any distortions upto the day of Qiyaamat.

Qadianism

Verses pertaining to Jihaad have been abrogated by the Wahy revealed to Ghulam Ahmad. He has in addition to the Qur'an, received Wahy, which is as important as the Qur'an.

Shiaism

The Qur'an is incomplete and distorted. The original Qur'an had 17,000 verses. Hence 2/3 of the Qur'an is missing. The original Qur'an, compiled by Hadhrat Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu) would be brought back by Imaam Mahdi.

FINALITY OF PROPHETHOOD

Islam

Nabi Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) was the final Nabi, through whom Islam gained completion and through whom prophethood was sealed and Wahy (revelation) ended.

Qadianism

The Prophet had been sent twice to the world. The first time he appeared in Makkah, in the form of Muhammad and the second time in Qadian in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

Shiaism

The Imaam is a successor to the Nabi appointed by God. He is infallible and excels all Prophets, besides Nabi Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) in dignity. They possess the knowledge of the past and the future. They possess authority of death. They are divinely protected against error.

THE KALIMA

Islam

There is no object of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Qadianism

The same Kalimah as the Muslims, except that Muhammad in the Kalimah refers to Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

Shiaism

Same Kalimah with the following addition: 'Salvation is only attained by granting allegiance to Ahlul Bayt (the immediate household of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and by disowning their enemies i.e. Abu Bakr, Uthmaan and Umar and all non-Shias).

PILLARS OF ISLAM

Islam

Imaan, Salaat, Zakaat, Sawm and Hajj

Qadianism

Obedience to Allah, obedience to English government.

Shia

Salaat, Sawm, Hajj, Zakaat, Khums - 20% tax on profits, Jihaad, enjoining good, preventing evil, Love for the godly ones and hatred for the evil ones i.e. the Sahaaba.

STATUS OF SAHAABA

Islam

The companions of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) have been praised by Allah Ta'ala Himself in the Noble Qur'an. It is therefore not permissible to criticise them or undermine their integrity.

Qadianism

'The companions ate cheese from the Christians, although it was well known that it contained pigs, fat'. Faatima (Radhiallaahu Anhu) appeared to Ghulam Ahmad in a revealed state.

Shiaism

All the companions became Kaafir except the immediate household of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and three other Sahaaba after his demise. Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu) is considered by some as a vicegerent, others regard him as a prophet, whilst another group regard him as god.

GHULAM AHMAD QADIANI CLAIMS IN CHRONOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES

1870: His first public appearance as a preacher and defender of Islam.

1880 - 1884: He wrote Baraahin-e-Ahmadiyya - four volumes

1890: He claimed 'I am the replica of Jesus.'

1892: 'Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) was the final prophet. I do not lay claim to prophethood. I am the son of Mary.'

1893: 'God speaks to me and gives guidance for reforms'

1894: 'Jesus was a liar and his grandmother was a whore.'

1899: 'I am a Nabi but in an indirect sense.' (Shadow of Nabi)

1900: August 7th - an Imaam in his Jumuah Khutbah called him a Nabi and Rasool.

1902: He declared: 'I am superior to all Prophets including Muhammad'. 'One who does not believe in me is a Kaafir.' 'The Qur'an and my words are from Allah.'

1904: He declared 'I am god and Lord also Krishna'

1908: Mirza was struck by Cholera and slipped into a comma on May 25 and died in the next day. He was buried at Qadiyaani.

SOME STRANGE SHIITE BELIEFS

The wives of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)

The Shiite's bear the same enmity and malice for the wives of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), as they bear against the Sahaaba. They are frequently referred to as hypocrites and infidels.

Kitmaan and Taqiyya (Holy Hypocrisy)

Among the fundamental teachings are kitmaan and taqiyya (to conceal one's real faith and belief). Imaam Jaafar Sadiq is purpoted to have said to Sulaymaan bin Khalid, 'O Sulaymaan! You follow a religion that whoever will conceal, God will bestow honour on him and whoever will reveal it and publicise it, he will be disgraced by God.' He further states, 'Among ten parts of religion, nine lie in Taqiyya. He who does not observe taqiyya is devoid of faith.'

MUT'A:

Temporary marriage A 'Hadith' attributed to Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) reads, 'Whosoever does Mut'a once reaches the rank of Imaam Hussain, whoever does it twice reaches the rank of Imaam Hassan, whoever does it thrice reaches the rank of Hadhrat Ali and whoever does it four times attains my rank.

Another purported 'Hadith' states, 'Anyone doing Mut'a with a believing woman is like one who has made the journey to the Ka'abah 70 times.'

Khomeini's view regarding Prophethood, 'Every Prophet came to establish justice on earth. His aim was to establish justice but he was not successful. The same is the position of the seal of Prophets who came to reform human society and establish justice but he failed during his lifetime.' (Ittihatwa-yakjihati).

He further states, 'It is a necessary principle of our faith that our Imaam have ranks that exceed those of close angels and the appointed messengers.' (Al-Hukmatul Islaamiyyah).

May Allah Ta'ala protect our Imaan and save us from being part of the deviant groups, Aameen.

Jamiatul Ulama (Transvaal)