IslamicTeachings.org

The Invisible

Rochdi

I poured that bottle of milk inside my belly, glad to fill that empty dryness felt through hunger and thirst! But then I started to wonder, how do we manage to fill the invisible side in us and where do we pour our feelings? These imperceptible emotions, where do they go? How is it possible for us to use the invisible and to mould it into sighing and tears? It’s so easy to pour water and to fill the cup, the physical is tangibly real and palpable, we see it and we touch it! But is this also true when it comes to feelings? Are we able to see them? Can we –for instance– touch sadness? What color does it have? Can we see it? Everybody knows that we can’t! Yet we FEEL it and we KNOW that it is there! Inside! And what goes for sadness goes for all the other Invisible emotions! We know that they exist! We feel the joy and we are submerged by love! Invisible thoughts are also piercing our minds. We seem to deal with both the physical and the mental and between them the spiritual tries to find his way to our modest understanding! We mutter an excuse and hide “Regret”! Where? How? It’s all inside! An Invisible world whose existence is vehemently denied by Cartesian thinkers endowed with stubborn blinkers! Aaaaaaah! Alllaaaaah!

• Like 2