IslamicTeachings.org

Quotes By Mufti Ismail Menk.

SAFAH

Visiting the sick, assisting them in any way, inquiring about them and praying for them has many benefits, hence it is considered a great act of worship.

It boosts the morale of the sick, making them feel much better, giving them a sense of belonging which contributes to their recovery.

The psychological impact of a kind word, a prayer and a visit is so great that the sick begin to feel much better and the greatest of miracles can occur even after medicine has given up.

It also makes us realize the gift of health that the Almighty has bestowed upon us and gives us the opportunity to be thankful.

Taking care of the sick can result us being protected from such sickness as well as easy entry into paradise.

The day WE fall ill, we will be surprised at the number of people who inquire about us, pray for us and visit us over and above those who take care of us. This is what makes us one big family.

The genuine concern for one another is a vital component of a happy community.

When was the last time you visited the sick, assisted them in any way, prayed for their cure or inquired about them? Make it a regular feature in your weekly routine.

Mufti Menk.

• Like 3

None of us are exempt from going through divorce or experiencing it in the lives of the best of our children or family members.

Hence it is very important that we watch very carefully what we say about those who are divorced and how we treat them, speak to them or look at them.

In many instances, two individually brilliant people divorce, not because one is bad but because together, they were unable to survive. This is proven by the fact that in many cases both are then very happily married to others.

Remember, if your mouth or actions become hurtful to those divorced, there may come a time when you will be dumbfounded by repetition of the same if not worse in your own home!

Never be from those who frown upon, look down upon, criticize or gossip about those divorced, making them feel unworthy.

The Messenger pbuh chose to marry a divorced woman and repeated this type of choice. Had they been "bad" simply because they were divorced, he would have been the furthest away from them.

Shame upon those parents who do not allow their children to consider a divorced spouse. They need to know that many people say that marriages to those previously divorced are more likely to be everlasting.

May the Almighty guide us all and grant us ALL spouses who will be the coolness of our eyes. Aameen

This status was inspired by the cry of a sister. In no way are we belittling those never married. We are simply raising a VERY VERY common and REAL problem in almost every society.

• Shame upon those men who oppress their wives.
  • Giving preference to your friends over your wife is oppression.
  • Screaming and yelling at your wife is oppression.
  • Coming home late each night or coming to bed late each night without a valid excuse is oppression.
  • Wasting time on the internet or phone, television or games whilst your wife is waiting for you is oppression.
  • Not spending reasonable time with your wife is oppression.
  • Not commending her upon her goodness, sacrifice and achievements whilst only harping on her weaknesses is oppression. Be fair!
  • Not correcting her in the most loving manner and going around publicizing her errors or wrongdoings is oppression.
  • Not providing at least the basic food, clothing and shelter for her is oppression.
  • Not appreciating that she is someone's daughter or sister and treating her like a slave is oppression.
  • Allowing your mother or family members to disrespect or maltreat your wife is oppression.
  • Allowing others to invade her privacy is oppression.
  • Not giving her the rest that she deserves post child birth is oppression.
  • Swearing and cursing your wife is oppression.
  • Making false promises to your wife is oppression.
  • These are just some ways that men oppress their wives.
  • Shame upon those men who oppress their wives!
  • Are you one of them? Well, change your ways, apologize and repent before the Almighty overtakes you with His Wrath.
  • Remember the Messenger pbuh says, "The best of you are those best to their wives."

The Messenger PBUH has told us that closer to the Last Day, time will pass by faster and faster. A year will feel like a month, a month like a week, a week like a day and a day like an hour. Amazingly we feel this prophecy today where the day goes by like a few minutes and before we realize, the week is over and then the month and the year too. This is why we must ensure that we make the most of every valuable second at hand. When we are not focused and have no proper goals in life, we waste our days and weeks, months and years in achieving nothing meaningful. Let us set clear goals, focus on them, work hard towards achieving them and not give up. Bear in mind that although we may have many goals, our ultimate goal should be to please our Maker.

• Like 1

When things do not go exactly the way we wanted, when we do not achieve what we have tried so hard to or when we feel so let down by others then always know that for as long as we have faith & trust in the Almighty, He definitely has something better in store for us, has saved us from a calamity or disaster that would have been in our path or has elevated our status through surrendering to His Decree. We are not considered believers until we are pleased with the Decisions of the Almighty. This will save us from much anxiety & depression. Try your best & leave the rest to Him.

A small misunderstanding, minor dispute or problem automatically becomes a much bigger issue if it is not dealt with right away. Satan chisels into the smallest crack making it appear to be a crater simply because it was not filled when it first appeared. An intelligent person is he who tries to resolve matters as soon as possible rather than leave them to bubble in the hearts of people until they reach boiling point. The Prophet(saw)said, “The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the one who controls himself while in anger,’ (Bukhari).

• Like 1

Although social networking sites & apps such as Facebook, Twitter etc are responsible for much irresponsibility and damage, casting people into loss, regret and darkness, I am quite convinced that we can all make ourselves responsible users of the same networks encouraging responsibility and building solid foundations, instilling high morals, removing people from darkness, showing them the light and how easy it is to tread upon the path of no regret, gaining as much as possible on their fingertips!

It has never been easier to access people "sans frontiers" than this, so are we going to make use of it to create a positive impact or wait for others to do the opposite and cry when it is too late?

Anyone engaged in any form of beneficial activity should be supported in it, even if it be just morally. Perhaps our own children may be saved through the effort of those whom we thought negatively about. Neither underestimate the impact of technology upon the masses nor your own impact upon others.

When people refuse to spend in a good cause, perhaps their wealth is not fit enough to be accepted in that noble cause.

Wealth earned through impure means is mostly used to disunite, create problems, sickness, hatred & enmity.

The Almighty is pure & only accepts that which is pure.

May He forgive us & grant us purity in our sustenance. Aameen.

• Like 1

When we believe everything we hear, others can easily control us & we begin to lose track of good & bad, right & wrong.

Infact nowadays even seeing is not always believing. It can be photo shopped, staged or edited. Don't movies look so real?

• Like 2

"Knowledge is an ocean that has no coast." So if anyone thinks they know it all, then what they have is something besides knowledge.

Keep swimming! It requires energy, dedication, sacrifice and continuity together with sincerity to acquire knowledge. Without an effort one cannot attain knowledge.

Knowledge wipes the frost off our glass and allows us to see much clearer.

The cycle of knowledge should be to keep on learning, putting into practice and conveying to others.

• Like 2

Seeking the forgiveness of the Almighty very often, raises ones rank, eases difficulties, increases sustenance, purifies the heart, attains blessings, protects from sin, cures from disease, increases piety, fulfills our needs, grants goodness in offspring, makes obedience easy, achieves the Pleasure of the Almighty & results ultimately in entry into paradise.

The Messenger pbuh himself sought forgiveness between seventy to a hundred times DAILY.

Astaghfirullah.

I seek your forgiveness Oh my Maker.

Oh You whom I shall return to forgive my shortcomings. Aameen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The heart & mind are connected in an amazing way.

They are a very powerful gift of the Almighty through which He tests us.

To lead a happy life & ensure success in the hereafter too, we should never allow either of these to be controlled by others no matter who they are.

The only exception is revelation from the Almighty via His Messenger pbuh.

Many have regretted allowing others access to their hearts & minds.

sin could be your weakness, but to force your dependants to sin with you is a heinous crime.

A sin could be your weakness, but to be upset when your dependants choose not to sin with you is worse.

To force others to please you & ignore what pleases the Almighty is lack of spirituality.

Let's make mends.

A man should stand up for his wife when his family is wrong & remember that she gave up everything to be with him.

Too often we allow our family members to trample over our wives leaving them in tears, helpless & even suicidal.

The worst is when we forget that she is a human being just like we are & begin to trample over her ourselves.

Where does she go? Who does she turn to besides the Almighty? He is watching, He will come to her rescue.

Why can't each one strive to make life easy for the other instead of difficult? The world would be a better place.

Gone are the days when a daughter in law was equivalent to an unpaid house maid! Shame upon those who look at her that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore you mum! So please help me fulfil your rights by fulfilling mine. Respecting my wife makes it much easier for us to respect you.

I love you my wife! So help me fulfil your rights by fulfilling mine. Respecting my mother makes it much easier for me to respect you.

Happily ever after.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...