IslamicTeachings.org

Love More Expect Less

By Fadia Bint Ismail

We have all heard this saying love more expect less.

Hazrat Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) said;

" Beware of having long term expectations (for this world) for verily it makes one forget (his true purpose)"

In order to be truly happy and to find happiness and peace in this world we as Muslims should aim to love more what Allah loves for us and dislike what Allah dislikes for us this could solve many problems we encounter and it will allow us to be contented when our expectations are not met. Having expectations is not a bad thing but sometimes and i speak from experience, when we set our expectations so high, for example we expect certain things from people, for them to act and do things according to the way we want it, when we expect things to just happen for us without any effort put in from our part, when everything fails and our expectations are not met we will definately find ourselves in a dark hole which will lead to depression, anxiety and stress. When we do things moderately, balancing our expectations, grooming ourselves to expect the unexpected we will find tranquility and contentment.

The Prophet (Peace and blessigs be upon Him) said: "Be contented with what Allah has apportioned for you and you will be the richest of people"

We should always remember that we should put our trust in Allah and to leave the future alone for what is preordained for us will happen when Allah wills it to happen at the time that he has decreed it to be.

If you find it difficult to deal with this problem there are remedies in helping you cope. Inshallah i will try and list a few things that i hope will help everyone. I have listed two points which i will clarify on.

1) Take care of your outside aswell as your inside

Your appearance is very important Allah loves beauty and he would not be pleased if you were to neglect yourself. A person with a pure and clean soul will take care of their outer and inner selfs. Remember to always say Alhamdulilah in that way you are showing Allah that you are thankful and Inshallah this will help beautify your outside and your inside.

2) Seek refuge with Allah and put your full trust in him

Seeking refuge with Allah by making Istigfaar and asking for forgiveness daily is what a true believer should do. This will also help us purify our soul and bring contentment and peace to our lives.

Tawakkal Allah- Put your trust in Allah and Him Alone. And Allah is alone suffecient for us.

Verily my Wali [ Protector, Supporter, and helper] is Allah (Quran 19:65).

Constant Dua, 5 daily prayers, following the Sunnah of Nabi (SAW) are the best remedies to tackle any problem.

When we incorporate all this in our lives we will find it easy to Love More and Expect Less.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dawah Team

Asslamo Allaikum,

Today many Muslims are infatuated with the concept of Love & Romance due to the continous bombardment of the Media. The truth is that you are supposed to treat your wife kindly and with affection even if there is no Love and display the best of Akhlaaq.

A man upon the Sunnah will look after the wife due to Fear of Allah (SWT) and continue to do so...Consider the following saying of Sayyidina Umar (RA).

قد روي عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه أنه جاءه رجل يريد تطليق امرأته ، فلما سأله عمر عن السبب : قال : إنه لا يحبها ! فردَّ عليه عمر رضي الله عنه : وهل لا تُبنى البيوت إلا على الحب ؟ فأين الرعاية وأين التذمم؟

أورده في كنز العمال

It was narrated that a man consulted Sayyidina ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RA)about divorcing his wife and ‘Umar said to him: “Do not do so.”

“I do not love her,” the man argued.

‘Umar may Allah be pleased with him said, “Are families built only on love? Where is, then, mutual care and the maintenance of rights and duties?”

• Like 1