IslamicTeachings.org

Finding Peace In Our Heart.

Abu Hafsat

As-Salaam alaikum,

In more ways than one, we can find peace only in the love of Allah Ta'ala and this is reflected in Sallah... Yes, the 5 daily Sallah Muslims offer daily being one of the pillars upon which Islam is built. Nowadays some focus on offering Sallah like some physical exercise to get reward in Paradise; they are unaware of its spiritual reality. Sallah is in fact, the presence of heart and soul before Allah... When a person gets annihilated in Allah completely, only then would his/her Sallah become Me'iraj.

Allah Ta'ala created us of His Ishq and for His Ishq... we are sent to this planet earth to prove our love to Him, Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala.  If any of our acts are without the love of Allah, then it is useless because He does not need such prayers. Afterall, He has lots of angels for this purpose. Actually, when a Momin bows before Allah, it means he has given up everything... he is like a slave before Him and considers Allah the One and Only Entity (the Best) and himself as the worst.

In his 'Risala al-Ghausia', Sheikh Abdulqadir al-Jilani, may Allah be pleased with him, says: I said: 'Oh Lord, which Sallah is closet to you?' It was replied: ''The Sallah in which there is no one except Me, even the person offering the Sallah is esoterically absent from it''.