IslamicTeachings.org

An Important Lesson for Married Couples

ummtaalib

An Important Lesson for Married Couples
This post is primarily directed at men. However, it applies to women also.
Once a man approached a scholar renowned for his profound wisdom and experience, to complain to him, saying, “When I was fascinated by my wife, she was in my sight, the most beautiful thing in this world ever created by Allah.”
“When I proposed to her, I began to see others equal to her in beauty.”
“When I married her, I saw many others who were more elegant than her!”
“A few years after our marriage, it appears to me as though all the women of this world are more classic and more sophisticated than my wife!”
The wise man: “Shall I tell you what is more disastrous and more bitter?”
The man replied: “Yes.”
The wise man: “Were you to marry all the women in this world, you will find the stray dogs on the highways more attractive than all the women of the world!”
The man: “Why do you say so?”
The wise man: “Because the problem is not with your wife. The problem is, if a person were gifted a covetous heart and lustful eyes, and he is lacking in bashfulness, nothing satisfies his gaze except the sand of his grave. Your problem is that you do not lower your gaze from what Allah has prohibited. Do you want your wife to be returned to her previous lofty position as the most beautiful woman on earth?
The man: “Yes.”
The wise man: “Lower your gaze. Allah says, “Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.”
That which is not in your possession will always appear to you to be better and more precious than what is in your possession. But once you lay your hands on it, it becomes ordinary. Be content with what you possess and do not be selfish, courting all that glitter till you land in your grave.
The worship of Allah is better and more attractive. The sweetness of good deeds are only appreciated by those who live for it. Finally, do not forget to invoke Allah to always beautify your spouse in your sight and grant you his or her love and compassion.

Jamiatul Ulama (KZN)
Council of Muslim Theologians

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
33 minutes ago, Bint e Aisha said:

"In the 3 and half pages of Surah Talaq, Allah commands 5 times that we fear him. The only thing that can bring stability in a marriage is the fear of Allah." (Mufti Ismail Moosa)

Definitely as its on fear of Alah ta'ala that makes a person be just behind closed doors

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...