IslamicTeachings.org

Need of a Heart with Noor(light/radiance)

Need of a Heart with Noor (light / radiance)

Excerpts taken from Hazrat Shaykh Talha Qasmi Naqshbandi Damat Barkatuhum’s discourses

If the heart is not purified and the Noor (light/radiance) is not attained and if the person is actually Munafiq and he does not believe in Allah by heart or he is Munafiq in his deeds and is living the life of negligence then his heart will be void of light, his heart will be dark. Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “The heart which remembers Allah is alive, and the heart which does not remember Allah is dead”. And Allah Ta’ala said:

أَوَمَن كَانَ مَيۡتً۬ا فَأَحۡيَيۡنَـٰهُ وَجَعَلۡنَا لَهُ ۥ نُورً۬ا يَمۡشِى بِهِۦ فِى ٱلنَّاسِ كَمَن مَّثَلُهُ ۥ فِى ٱلظُّلُمَـٰتِ لَيۡسَ بِخَارِجٍ۬ مِّنۡہَا‌ۚ
“Is he who was dead and We have raised him unto life, and set for him a light wherein he walks among men, as him whose similitude is in utter darkness from where he cannot emerge?”

Think about that person who was dead then we made him alive. Mufassireen comment that this verse is talking about the heart. First the heart was dead and then Allah made it alive. And Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم, who is the biggest Mufassir, the Imam and the seal of Mufassireen said: “The heart that is Zakir (that does Zikr constantly) is the heart that is alive and the heart that is Ghaafil (negligent) is the heart that is dead.”

That means previously the heart was Ghaafil and we made it Zakir. And after becoming Zakir, what happens is

وَجَعَلۡنَا لَهُ ۥ نُورً۬ا يَمۡشِى بِهِۦ فِى ٱلنَّاسِ 

We grant him Noor (light) and when he walks, he walks with that light. This Noor goes along with him to any locality he enters. When he talks to someone or sits with someone, his words leave an impact on their hearts. This is what is called as Tawajjuh. This is the benefit of company. When someone sits in the company of a person who has the light in his heart, then his own heart gets illuminated with this light.

Is he like one who is in utter darkness and is not able to emerge therefrom? Do you know how the heart gets illuminated? Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم has told us that when a person does good deeds and remembers Allah, then a small amount of light develops in his heart similar to the light of the firefly. When he increases in good deeds, protects himself from sinful ways and remembers Allah more, then this light increases as well. Slowly and gradually this light increases and consequently his whole heart becomes illuminated. This light not only stays in the heart, it moves further to the flesh, to other organs, to bones, to hair, to skin and the whole body of man becomes illuminated. Angels see him as a jewel of light. He seems like a walking light and the Sahib-e-kashf can see this. And when he further advances in dhikr, his light further expands; first of all, the diameter of 1 meter is formed around him, then it grows to 5 meters and so on and so forth. Sometimes this diameter expands to 100-200 meters around him and people become attentive towards him. If Allah SWT endows this light to all Muslims, then Insha’Allah kufr and shirk will be eliminated from this country.

Do you think this is something new I’m talking about? In the famous book of hadith Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Imam Tirmidhi رحمة الله عليه has mentioned a narration from Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه. He says that in the last part of night, I saw Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم woke up and performed the Salah of Tahajjud and then he started making dua to Allah. The dua is very detailed and the words of this dua are very ajeeb (strange). Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم has asked Allah for every good and sought refuge from every bad. Different words are mentioned in different narrations. Muhadditheen have collected it all and they have mentioned that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم has asked Allah Ta’ala for Noor in 17 different ways.

dua-of-light-dua-when-going-to-masjid1

O Allah, place light in my heart, and on my tongue light, and in my ears light and in my sight light, and above me light, and below me light, and to my right light, and to my left light, and before me light and behind me light. Place in my soul light. Magnify for me light, and amplify for me light. Make for me light, and make me light. O Allaah, grant me light, and place light in my nerves, and in my body light and in my blood light and in my hair light and in my skin light.[1]

[O Allaah, make for me a light in my grave… and a light in my bones.] [2]
[Increase me in light, increase me in light, increase me in light.] [3]
[Grant me light upon light] [4]

In this way Muhammad Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم used to ask Allah for Noor (light) whom Allah has made entirely of light. [The argument of Noor and Bashar is not related to this]. Allah Ta’ala has granted this light to everyone and the greatest amount of light in this universe is granted to Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم. But then why would he ask Allah for this dua in Tahajjud? So that the listeners listen to him. And his pure wives listened to him, Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas RA listened to him and he conveyed it to us and it will reach all the Muslims until the day of judgment. May Allah reward him and other narrators and Imam Tirmidhi who recorded it so it reached us and we know what to ask from Allah SWT.

Those who don’t care about light in this world will have no light in the hereafter. They will be standing in darkness, while this light is important to enter Jannah.

Allah Ta’ala says:

يَوۡمَ يَقُولُ ٱلۡمُنَـٰفِقُونَ وَٱلۡمُنَـٰفِقَـٰتُ لِلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱنظُرُونَا نَقۡتَبِسۡ مِن نُّورِكُمۡ قِيلَ ٱرۡجِعُواْ وَرَآءَكُمۡ فَٱلۡتَمِسُواْ نُورً۬ا فَضُرِبَ بَيۡنَہُم بِسُورٍ۬ لَّهُ ۥ بَابُۢ بَاطِنُهُ ۥ فِيهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَةُ وَظَـٰهِرُهُ ۥ مِن قِبَلِهِ ٱلۡعَذَابُ

“On the [same] Day the hypocrite men and hypocrite women will say to those who believed, “Wait for us that we may acquire some of your light.” It will be said, “Go back behind you and seek light.” And a wall will be placed between them with a door, its interior containing mercy, but on the outside of it is torment.” [57:13]

It will be said to them go back to the dunya and seek some light. Is it possible to return back to dunya? No! These poor people will think that light is being distributed somewhere behind them. They will turn back and meanwhile the people of Iman will move forward and a wall will be placed between them.

These Munafiqeen can be me and you if we are not concerned about ourselves. Allah has granted this life to take heed. The life of negligence and heedlessness is not good for us. It will become the reason of embarrassment on the day of Judgment. May Allah protect me, you and all Muslims from this embarrassment (Ameen). Do not think that someone else is being discussed here. Make it a habit of reading and listening to the Quran as if it is talking about you.

يُنَادُونَہُمۡ أَلَمۡ نَكُن مَّعَكُمۡ‌ۖ قَالُواْ بَلَىٰ وَلَـٰكِنَّكُمۡ فَتَنتُمۡ أَنفُسَكُمۡ وَتَرَبَّصۡتُمۡ وَٱرۡتَبۡتُمۡ وَغَرَّتۡكُمُ ٱلۡأَمَانِىُّ حَتَّىٰ جَآءَ أَمۡرُ ٱللَّهِ وَغَرَّكُم بِٱللَّهِ ٱلۡغَرُورُ

[The hypocrites] will call the believers: “Were we not with you?” The believers will reply: “Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted [in Faith] and you were deceived by false desires, until the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver [Satan] deceived you in respect of Allah.”

They will ask why are you being selfish? Were we not with you in the dunya? We used to perform salah together in the masjid. We used to go together on Iftar parties and wedding functions. We were relatives to each other. You gave my son your daughter and I gave my daughter to your son. Yes, this verse is talking about Muslims who were negligent in this dunya. May Allah protect us all from this negligence.

The people of Iman will answer yes you used to live with us but you didn’t understand what we said. You considered us foolish that we leave our businesses and visit the masjid five times daily.

Once a person came to me and said: “You people are the biggest hindrance in the success of Muslims. They remain inside Masajid at the time of business. Isn’t it enough to just pray Fajr and Isha? Muslims are losing just because of you at the time of Dhuhr, Asr and Maghrib.”

This is the condition of Muslims in this dunya. I don’t know what will happen in akhirah. May Allah protect us. It has been a long time since that person talked to me and I’ve no idea whether he is alive or not. May Allah keep him in His protection and if his mindset has not been changed then Allah ta’ala grant him forgiveness.

So my friends, those who fear about their akhirah are being considered stupid. Once a person came to our Hazrat Peer Sahab and said: Don’t you have any other business that you just keep doing “Allah Allah”. Hazrat’s eyes got filled with tears and he joined his hands in front of him and said: “For the sake of Allah give this Shahadah in front of Allah on the day of judgment that this person had no other work except doing Allah Allah.”

The people of Iman will say: Yes you were our relatives but you were deluded by the dunya and you awaited the afflictions to fall on us. And you had no belief for the hereafter in your hearts. You just called yourselves Muslims from your tongues whereas you doubted it in your hearts. And you had big desires and dreams in your hearts. You were deluded by these desires and the biggest deluder is Satan.

May Allah keep us in His protection and save us from being negligent in his remembrance. Aameen

https://youtu.be/2EeLtIz_ERI

• 2 weeks later...

As-Salaam alaikum,

I join Sayyada Bint -e A'isha in her Du'a at the end of her topic above, and also say ameen.  May Allah Ta'ala Grant us His Gift of Light (Noor) in our heart and our Sirr...so that we will constantly be vividly recognizing Him, entreat Him, Obey and act in accordance to His Will.... Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala... ameen.

Many Regards.

• Ameen 1