IslamicTeachings.org

58. Trials and Tribulations

ummtaalib

Pearls of Wisdom: No.58

“Food for the Soul”

SUBJECT:  TRIALS & TRIBULATIONS

Allaah, The Most Exalted, says:

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say, we believe, and will not be tested? And indeed We tested those who were before them”  (Quran:29: 2-3)

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) is reported to have said; 

"Whenever an affliction strikes a Muslim and he says, as Allaah commanded him,

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. Allahumma ajirni fi musibati, wa akhlif li khayran minha - To Allaah we belong, and to Him will we return - O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and replace it for me with that which is better," Allaah will then surely replace it for him with that which is better."  (Hadith Muslim)

Note:  Don’t let trials blow you down; instead let them lift you up! A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. Every hardship and suffering is an opportunity because it is more than what you see. A moment of hardship is an opportunity to earn higher ranks, it is an opportunity to be patient and earn Allah’s mercy and blessing and Allah’s regard for you. The more the suffering and your patience, the more the blessing. Sometimes Allaah tests His slaves with calamities in order to raise t hem in status and to expiate for their sins, as the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No misfortune or disease befalls a Muslim, no worry or grief or harm or distress – not even a thorn that pricks him – but Allaah will expiate for some of his sins because of that.” (Hadith Bukhari)

Therefore, we should endure trials and be patient. Remember Allah Ta’ala sometimes grants the toughest battles  to the s trongest soldiers and very often  violent storms  paint the loveliest of rainbows!

For a motivational article on Patience in Adversity visit : http://eislaminfo. blogspot.com/2016/07/the-smoke-signal.html