IslamicTeachings.org

Ahaadith to Ponder over (@ Brothers Aamifi & Abu Hafsat)

aamifi

SALAM ALAYKOM

Heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: 'Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection]'."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

I LOVE YOU IN ALLAH

• 4 months later...
The Sign Of Imaan

As-Salaam alaikum,

A man asked the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, "O Messenger of Allah! What is Imaan?"

He replied:-- "When your good deeds please you and your evil deeds grieve you, then you are a believer."

The man [further] asked, "O Messenger of Allah, then what is sin?"

The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, replied: "When something causes a doubt in your heart, leave it out."

Musnad Ahmad, No. 22166              

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Laugh but a little..

As-Salaam alaikum,

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, told me:

"O Abu Hurairah, be scrupulous and you will be the most devoted of people;

be content and you will be the most grateful of people;

Love for people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer;

be a good companion to those in your company and you will be a Muslim;

and decrease laughter, for truly, a lot of laughter kills the heart."  [ibn Majah].

Of Zikr, Gratitude and Patience.

As-Salaam alaikum,

Hammad Ibn Salama reported that on the authority of Talqa Ibn Habib, Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him said:--

"The Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said: 4 matters are such that whoever is

given them is given the good of this world and the Hereafter: a grateful heart, a tongue busy

with remembrance of Allah [Zikr], a body patient with trial, and faith in that which Allah has

guaranteed."  [ Abu Na'im, in his book.. Hilyat al-Awliya].

SALAM ALAYKOM

MILLIONS OF HASSANATS………

Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with her), the Mother of the Believers, reported:

The Prophet (ﷺ) came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Are you still in the same position as I left you." I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet said, "I recited four words three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are: Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi [Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the weight of His Throne and equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise)]."

[Muslim].

Get a ten-fold reward

SALAM ALAYKOM

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Mim is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter."

[At- Tirmidhi].

Answered Du'a...

As-Salaam alaykum,

The Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"Three (3) types of Du'a are undoubtedly granted: a parent's Du'a for his children;

Du'a for a fasting person, and Du'a of the traveller". [Abu Dawud]

Be Contented

As-Salaam alaikum,

The Noble Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"Know that even if the whole community were to gather together to benefit [you] with

something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already

recorded for you; and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they

would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already

recorded against you."  [at-Tirmidhi].

Great Rewards

SALAM ALAYKOM

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "He who utters a hundred times in a day these words:

'La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir

(there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),

'he will have a reward equivalent to that for emancipating ten slaves, a hundred good deeds will be recorded to his credit, hundred of his sins will be blotted out from his scroll, and he will be safeguarded against the devil on that day till the evening; and no one will exceed him in doing more excellent good deeds except someone who has recited these words more often than him.

And he who utters:

'Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)'

one hundred times a day, his sins will be obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam of the ocean."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Attending Funerals

assalam alaykom

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

He who attends the funeral till the prayer is offered for (the dead), for him is the reward of one qirat, and he who attends (and stays) till he is buried, for him is the reward of two qirats. It was said: What are the qirats? He said: They are equivalent to two huge mountains. Two other narrators added: Ibn 'Umar used to pray and then depart (without waiting for the burial of the dead). When the tradition of Abu Huraira reached him, he said:" We have lost many qirats."