IslamicTeachings.org

Information - 'Eid related

ummtaalib

The Night Before Eid

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said; The night of Eidul Fitr, the night that is called Laylatul Jaa’izah (The night of prize giving), comes along. On the morning of Eid, Allah Ta’ala sends down the Malaaikah, to all the lands of the earth, where they stand at the entrance of roads, calling out with a voice that is heard by all except man and jinn: “O Ummah of Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), come out of your houses towards a Lord that is noble and gracious, who grants much and pardons the big sins.”

When they go towards the places for their Eid Salaah, Allah Ta’ala says to the Malaaikah: “What is the reward of that worker who has completed his work?” The Malaaikah reply: “O Lord and master, it is only right that he should receive his reward in full.” Allah Ta’ala then says:

“I call you to witness, O My Malaaikah, that for their having fasted during the month of Ramadhaan, and for their having stood before Me in prayer by night, I have granted to them as reward My pleasure and have granted them forgiveness.O My servants ask now of Me, for I swear by My honour and My greatness, that whatsoever you shall beg of Me this day in this gathering of yours for the needs of the Hereafter, I shall grant you, and whatsoever you shall ask for your worldly needs, I shall grant it. I swear by My honour that, as long as you shall obey My com­mands, I shall cover up your faults. By My Honour and My Greatness do I swear that I shall never disgrace you together with the sinful people and disbelievers. Go now from here, you are forgiven. You have pleased Me and I am pleased with you.”

The Malaaikah on seeing this great reward given by Allah Ta’ala upon the ummah of Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) on the day of Eidul Fitr become greatly pleased and happy. (As reported in Targheeb.)

• Like 1