IslamicTeachings.org

The Magnetism Of The Holy Qur'an

Bint e Aisha

*_The Magnetism of the Holy Quran_*

_“The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, they feel a fear in their hearts and when its verses are recited unto them, they increase their faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone)”_  [surah Anfal: 3]

Every single word in the Quran Majeed was divinely revealed from Allah Ta’ala to our beloved Nabi Sallallāhu Alayhi Wasallam. It has been preserved intact throughout many generations and remains unchanged. Alhamdulillah! The Quran contains the numerous attributes and qualities of Allah Ta’ala. The Holy Quran relates, historical events, warnings, punishments, Jannah, Jahannum, creation, Prophets, reminders, promises etc.

It is in the Holy Quran that Allah Ta’ala states His reason for creating us:
_“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship me”_ (51:56) 

Thus is it possible that we may dwell in such ignorance and carelessness despite being reminded? The ayat is directly from Allah Ta’ala and leaves no room for dispute.

And so we are warned:
_“And whosoever turns away (blinds) himself from the remembrance of the Most Gracious (Allah) ie: (the Quran and the worship of Allah), we appoint for him Shaytaan to be a Qarin (an intimate companion) to him.”_ (43:36)

My sisters, there is such delight and sweetness in reading the Holy Quran, It cleanses the heart of bad akhlaq, hypocrisy, jealousy, malice, and enmity, Insha Allah. Through reading and understanding the Quran, the heart is softened and adorned with honour, truthfulness and sincerity. Allah Ta’ala says:
_“Those who strive for me, I will definitely show them the straight path”_ (29:69)

We must remember to ask Allah Ta’ala to increase our knowledge. There is great reward in memorising the Quran, however we need to make an effort to read up on the tafseer of the Holy Quran, “The best of you is the one who learns Quran and teaches it.” (Bukhari)

Many muslims desire to learn the Holy Quran, either through studying the tafseer or by its memorisation. Allah Ta’ala will Insha Allah aid the one who wishes to learn the Quran, Ameen. Allah Ta’ala says:  _“And, We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, but is there any that will remember?”_ (54:17)

However, we are afraid to challenge ourselves! We often set ourselves up for failure even before we have begun, by allowing doubt to overcome us. Shaytaan creates doubt in us. He whispers to us that we will not succeed. We begin to question our own abilities based on his whispers, Astagfirullah.

~I don’t have the time.

~What if I forget work that.

~I have already learnt, when I learn new work?

~I don’t understand its meanings.

~How do I know if I am reciting correctly?

If there is a strong desire in our hearts to learn the Quran, yet we find that we struggle with the above mentioned points, then here are just a few possible solutions to our concerns.

✨We need to be positive and make dua to Allah Ta’ala to make this journey easy for us. It is important to turn to Allah Ta’ala for guidance and help. We need to realise that we will be undertaking this great ibaadat for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala. It may be helpful to keep a notebook throughout this journey, documenting important milestones, such as making the niyyah. It is a reality that students may need to adopt a healthier lifestyle, than that which we may be currently living. It is necessary to pay more attention to our bodies nutritional needs, exercise frequently, eat food that is not doubtful and avoid stimulants.As students of the Holy Quran, Tajweed is essential. Pay attention to the pronounciation of the Arabic letters. Remember that audio assistance, eg: CDs are widely available; however this does not take preference over the supervision of a teacher. Perhaps get a hifz buddy, who attends classes with you or who has completed hifz. Memorising the Quran is made easier if the student uses 1 particular type of print of Quran, as the mind takes “shots” of the pages and ayat as you learn. It is important that we remember that our time is valuable and limited. We must be cautious against wasting our time in unnecessary activities.Memorise the Quran at a suitable pace and avoid rushing. Recite the Quran melodiously; however be careful not to disregard tajweed in doing so. Recite the Quran audibly. Keep a timetable for new sabaq and dohr (revision). Consistency is compulsory. Taste the words, feel the words flow on your tongue and reside in your heart and soul. Regarding the language barrier, students may choose to study “Quran Arabic” before commencing Hifz, whilst others prefer to read the tafseer simulateoulsy. Upon memorising the surahs, it is essential that we use these surahs, when performing salaah. Share the knowledge gained with other fellow muslims.

_The Quran, Insha Allah becomes a “Constant Companion” for the Hafidh, and he in turn, becomes a “Protector of the Holy Quran”_
Ameen

Source

• Like 1