IslamicTeachings.org

Duaa and Actions after Seeing a Bad Dream

Duaa and Actions after Seeing a Bad Dream

sweet-dreams2.jpg

If one experiences a bad dream, one should recite the following duaa thrice, and one should change one’s sleeping position. One should not mention the dream to anybody.

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيم

عن جابر رضي الله عنه عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه قال إذا رأى أحدكم الرؤيا يكرهها فليبصق عن يساره ثلاثا وليستعذ بالله من الشيطان ثلاثا وليتحول عن جنبه الذي كان عليه (مسلم رقم 2262)

Hadhrat Jaabir (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When you see a bad dream, then spit on your left thrice (i.e. one should emulate the action of one who is spitting, without any saliva leaving the mouth), and thereafter seek protection of Allah Ta’ala thrice from Shaytaan, and one should change one’s sleeping position.

عن أبي سلمة قال: لقد كنت أرى الرؤيا فتمرضني حتى سمعت أبا قتادة يقول: وأنا كنت لأرى الرؤيا تمرضني حتى سمعت النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول: الرؤيا الحسنة من الله فإذا رأى أحدكم ما يحب فلا يحدث به إلا من يحب وإذا رأى ما يكره فليتعوذ بالله من شرها، ومن شر الشيطان، وليتفل ثلاثا ولا يحدث بها أحدا فإنها لن تضره (بخاري رقم 7044)

Hadhrat Abu Salama (Radhiallahu Anhu) says: “I used to see such disturbing dreams which used to cause me to become ill, until I heard Hadhrat Abu Qataadah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) say: ‘I also used to see such disturbing dreams which used to cause me to become ill until I heard Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) say: “Good dreams are from Allah Ta’ala. If anyone of you sees a good dream that pleases him, then he should only mention it to someone who he is fond of. And if he sees a bad dream, then he should seek the protection of Allah Ta’ala from its evil and from the evil of Shaytaan, and he should spit thrice (on his left side), and he should not mention such a dream to anyone, the evil of such a dream will not cause him any harm.

Ihyauddeen.co.za