IslamicTeachings.org

Removal of Facial Hair

Haya

• Dawah Team

Question:

i wanted to ask u abt the removal of facial hair from a womens face.. U said tht it is advisable that women get rid of their facial hairs, while in Bukhari shareef, there is a hadith contradicting this statement, Plz take a look at this hadith and remove my confusion, Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet(SAWW) has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7)(Volume:7, Book: Dress, Hadith No: 815) - Sahih Bukhari JazakAllah!
In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Answer:

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

ﻋﻦ ﻋﻠﻘﻤﺔ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻟﻌﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻮﺍﺷﻤﺎﺕ
ﻭﺍﻟﻤﺘﻨﻤﺼﺎﺕ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﺘﻔﻠﺠﺎﺕ ﻟﻠﺤﺴﻦ ﺍﻟﻤﻐﻴﺮﺍﺕ ﺧﻠﻖ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻓﻘﺎﻟﺖ ﺃﻡ ﻳﻌﻘﻮﺏ ﻣﺎ ﻫﺬﺍ ؟ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﻣﺎ ﻟﻲ ﻻ ﺃﻟﻌﻦ ﻣﻦ ﻟﻌﻦ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﻓﻲ ﻛﺘﺎﺏ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ؟ ﻗﺎﻟﺖ ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻟﻘﺪ ﻗﺮﺃﺕ ﻣﺎ ﺑﻴﻦ ﺍﻟﻠﻮﺣﻴﻦ ﻓﻤﺎ ﻭﺟﺪﺗﻪ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻟﺌﻦ ﻗﺮﺃﺗﻴﻪ ﻟﻘﺪ ﻭﺟﺪﺗﻴﻪ } ﻭﻣﺎ ﺁﺗﺎﻛﻢ ﺍﻟﺮﺳﻮﻝ ﻓﺨﺬﻭﻩ ﻭﻣﺎ ﻧﻬﺎﻛﻢ ﻋﻨﻪ ﻓﺎﻧﺘﻬﻮﺍ { – ﺻﺤﻴﺢ ﺍﻟﺒﺨﺎﺭﻱ 7/83 ﺩﺍﺭ ﺍﻟﻔﻜﺮ

“Abdullāh cursed those women who practiced tattooing and those who removed hair from their faces and those who created spaces between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, such ladies have changed what Allāh has created. Um Ya'qūb said, "What is that?" 'Abdullāh said, "Why should I not curse those who were cursed by Allāh's Messenger and are referred to in Allāh's Book?" She said to him "By Allāh, I have read the whole Qur'ān but I have not found such a thing. 'Abdullāh said, "By Allāh, if you had read it (carefully) you would have found it. (Allāh says:)
'And what the Prophet gives you, take it and what he forbids you, abstain (from it).”
( Sahīh Al-Bukhārī, Vol.7,Pg.83, Dār al-Fikr)

The above Hadeeth refer to those who remove or shape the eyebrows merely for cosmetic reasons. It seems that you have misunderstood the difference between facial hairs and eyebrows. Allamah Nawawi mentions that if a woman has facial hairs which resemble a man, then it is mustahab
for her to remove those hairs.

(Ahsanul Fataawa V-8, P-76 H.M.Saeed)

(Raddul Muhtaar V-2,6: P-418,373 H.M.Saeed)

(Fataawa Mahmudiyyah V-19,P-442 Faruqiyah)

(Al Hazar Wal Ibaahat P-47,267 Ilmiyyah)

(Fathul Baari, Vol.10, Pg.462, Qadeemi)
(Umdatul Qaari, Vol.22, Pg.66, Rasheediyah)

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum
Ml. Ebrahim Desai,
Student Dārul Iftā
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Dārul Iftā, Madrasah In῾āmiyyah

http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/18579

• Like 1

• Dawah Team

Assalamu Alaikum

Is it allowed to remove one inch long hair from face which is still growing? Is it normal?

Answer:

Wassalam.

It's normal for that to happen. You can remove it. Either tweeze or wax it.

Aalimah Zakiyya Pandor