IslamicTeachings.org

Sayyidul Istighfaar- The greatest method of Seeking Forgiveness

Sayyidul Istighfaar- The greatest method of Seeking Forgiveness

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

O Allah, You are my Rabb, there is none worthy of worship besides You. You have created me and I am Your servant, and I remain firm upon my promise and covenant with You to the best of my ability, I seek Your divine protection from the evil of my actions. I acknowledge Your favours and bounties upon me and I admit guilt for the sins I have perpetrated, thus forgive me, for certainly none can forgive sins besides You.

عن شداد بن أوس رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: سيد الاستغفار أن تقول اللهم أنت ربي لا إله إلا أنت خلقتني وأنا عبدك وأنا على عهدك ووعدك ما استطعت أعوذ بك من شر ما صنعت أبوء لك بنعمتك علي وأبوء لك بذنبي فاغفر لي فإنه لا يغفر الذنوب إلا أنت قال: ومن قالها من النهار موقنا بها، فمات من يومه قبل أن يمسي فهو من أهل الجنة، ومن قالها من الليل وهو موقن بها فمات قبل أن يصبح فهو من أهل الجنة (بخاري رقم 6306)

Hadhrat Shaddaad bin Aus (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasululllah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Sayyidul Istighfaar is that a person recite the following:

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

The one who recites this duaa during the day with firm conviction (i.e. believing in it with sincerity and humility), and thereafter passes away during that day before the evening, such a person will be from the people of Paradise, and the one who recites it during the night with firm conviction, and thereafter passes away during that night before the morning, such a person will be from the people of Paradise.

Ihyauddeen.co.za

• Like 2