IslamicTeachings.org

Hadith Recitation

Arslan

Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu brother Arslan:

JazakAllah khayran it is indeed a very beautiful recitation masha'Allah.

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to benefiting from you here insha'Allah. Please don't worry about the moderated messages - only the first few are moderated.

Wa'assalaam,

Acacia

• Dawah Team

Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu brother Arslan:

JazakAllah khayran it is indeed a very beautiful recitation masha'Allah.

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to benefiting from you here insha'Allah. Please don't worry about the moderated messages - only the first few are moderated.

Wa'assalaam,

Acacia

wa'alaykumus salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh!

and I agree with sister Acacia's sentiments....

The recitation is so very beautiful however i expected 40 since that is what is written on the video and only 3 are recited....more parts to this perhaps?

JazaakAllah for the warm welcome both of you. I've been a silent reader for a while now, and just yesterday decided to register. Why not right?

Anyway, Im quite impressed with this library of information you two have put together. Its an excellent resource masha'Allah. May Allah reward all who put effort into putting this forum together. Ameen.

The full playlist can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL41FE9D3A889EE2C4

A few ahadith here and there seem to be missing, but most are there. If you find a playlist with all 40, post the link here insha'Allah.

• 3 weeks later...
Words of the first  hadith in the video in the opening post

Actions are judged by intentions

hadith01arabic.gif

(Click on picture to enlarge)

It is narrated on the authority of Amirul Mu'minin, Abu Hafs 'Umar bin al-Khattab, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended. Thus, he whose migration (hijrah) was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration is to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated."

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Words of the second hadith in the video (at 1:05) in the opening post

Islam, Iman, Ihsan, Qadar

hadith02arabic.gif

(Click on picture  to enlarge)

Translation:

Also on the authority of 'Umar, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:

"While we were one day sitting with the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, there appeared before us a man dressed in extremely white clothes and with very black hair. No traces of journeying were visible on him, and none of us knew him.

He sat down close by the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, rested his knee against his thighs, and said, O Muhammad! Inform me about Islam." Said the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, "Islam is that you should testify that there is no deity save Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger, that you should perform salah (ritual prayer), pay the zakah, fast during Ramadan, and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), if you can find a way to it (or find the means for making the journey to it)." Said he (the man), "You have spoken truly."

We were astonished at his thus questioning him and telling him that he was right, but he went on to say, "Inform me about iman (faith)." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, "It is that you believe in Allah and His angels and His Books and His Messengers and in the Last Day, and in fate (qadar), both in its good and in its evil aspects." He said, "You have spoken truly."

Then he (the man) said, "Inform me about Ihsan." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, " It is that you should serve Allah as though you could see Him, for though you cannot see Him yet He sees you." He said, "Inform me about the Hour." He (the Messenger of Allah) said, "About that the one questioned knows no more than the questioner." So he said, "Well, inform me about the signs thereof (i.e. of its coming)." Said he, "They are that the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, that you will see the barefooted ones, the naked, the destitute, the herdsmen of the sheep (competing with each other) in raising lofty buildings." Thereupon the man went off.

I waited a while, and then he (the Messenger of Allah) said, "O 'Umar, do you know who that questioner was?" I replied, "Allah and His Messenger know better." He said, "That was Jibril. He came to teach you your religion.""

[Muslim]

The third Hadith

The five pillars of Islam  

hadith03arabic.gif

On the authority of Abu 'Abd al-Rahman 'Abdullah bin 'Umar bin al-Khattab, radiyallahu 'anhuma, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

"Islam has been built upon five things - on testifying that there is no god save Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger; on performing salah; on giving the zakah; on Hajj to the House; and on fasting during Ramadhan."