IslamicTeachings.org
Acacia

The Accepted Whispers: Munajaat-e-Maqbul

Assalamualikum

Jzk Allah khair for such a wonderful forum.

Im a part of 2 private Islamic watsapp groups where we study tafseer and hadith and other useful Islamic knowledge. After seeing this forum, I like to start a series on these duas in that group since this is going to be very useful for our members. Can I post these duas and notes in that group with your permission?

Wassaallmualikum

Waalaikummussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu and welcome to the forum:

The posts in this thread are taken directly out of the book itself (with the source noted under each post). You are welcome to access these as you wish however, I would caution against self study. There are many wonderful efforts by qualified scholars that might be of benefit to you and your friends. Our scholars work hard to help maintain a strong link to knowledge for us and inshaallah we can all turn to them to learn. 

Wa'assalaam alaikum

DU’AA FOR COMFORT THROUGH OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْ حُبَّكَ أَحَبَّ الْأَشْيَاءِ إِلَيَّ، وَاجْعَلْ خَشْيَتَكَ أَخْوَفَ الْأَشْيَاءِ عِنْدِيْ، وَاقْطَعْ عَنِّيْ حَاجَاتِ الدُّنْيَا بِالشَّوْقِ إِلىٰ لِقَائِكَ، وَإِذَا أَقْرَرْتَ أَعْيُنَ أَهْلِ الدُّنْيَا مِنْ دُنْيَا هُمْ فَأَقْرِرْ عَيْنِيْ مِنْ عِبَادَتِكَ ـ

Allaahummaj-‘al hubbaka ahabbal-‘ashyaa’i ilayy(a), waj-‘al khashyataka akhwafal-‘ashyaa’i ‘indii, waq-ta’ ‘annii haajaatid-dunyaa bish-shawqi ilaa liqaa’ik(a), wa idhaa aqrarta a’yuna ahlid-dunyaa min dunyaahum fa aqrir ‘aynii min ‘ibaadatik. (Al-Haytham ibn Malik At-Ta’i. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3648)

O Allah, make Your love the dearest and make Your fear the most frightening of all things to me. Cut off worldly needs from me by giving me the longing to meet You. And as You bring comfort to the eyes of the men of the world with their worldly possessions, bring comfort to my eyes with Your obedience and worship.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and transliteration of du’aa #120 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR HEALTH

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ الصِّحَّةَ، وَالْعِفَّةَ، وَالْأَمَانَةَ، وَحُسْنَ الْخُلُقِ، وَالرِّضَا بِالْقَدَرِـ

Allaahumma innii as’alukas-sihhat(ta), wal-‘iffa(ta), wal-‘amaana(ta), wa husnal-khuluq(i), war-ridaa bil qadar. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3650)

O Allah, I beg You for health, chastity, integrity, good character, and acceptance of fate.

~~~Ameen~~~

Health is the first item in this list because its absence affects a person’s ability to worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in addition to affecting his ability to enjoy this worldly life. The other qualities mentioned are all attributes of imaan. Like imaan itself, they can come to us through the blessings of Allah.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #121 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR GOOD EXPECTATIONS FROM AND SINCERE RELIANCE ON ALLAH TA’AALA

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ شُكْرًا وَّلَكَ الْمَنُّ فَضْلًاـ اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ اتَّوْفِيْقَ لِمَحَابِّكَ مِنَ الْأَعْهَالِ، وَصِدْقَ التَّوَكُّلِ عَلَيْكَ، وَ حُسْنَ الظَّنِّ بِكَ ـ

Allaahumma lakal-hamdu shukran wa lakal-mannu fadla(n). Allaahumma innii as’alukat-tawfiiqa limahaabbika minal-‘a’maal(i), wa sidqat-tawakkuli ‘alayk(a), wa husnaz-zanni bik. (Composite: Ka’b ibn ‘Ujrah and Abu Hurayrah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3653, 3654)

O Allah, to You is due all praise with thanks; it is only Your domain to do favors with grace. O Allah, I beseech You to enable me to perform the deeds loved by You, develop sincere reliance on You, and hold good expectations from You.

~~~Ameen~~~

It is important to hold good expectations from Allah Ta’aala, for Allah Ta’aala deals with a person according to his expectations. When a servant of Allah sincerely puts his trust and hopes in Him, Allah Ta’aala does not disappoint him.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #122 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2