IslamicTeachings.org

The Accepted Whispers: Munajaat-e-Maqbul

DU’AA FOR PROTECTION AND ALL GOOD

duaa-76-2.jpg?w=620&h=324

Allaahumma-faznii bil-‘Islaami qaa’ima(n), wah-faznii bil’Islaami qaa’ida(n), wah-faznii bil-‘Islaami raaqida(n), wa laa tushmit bi ‘aduwwan wa laa haasida(n). Allaahumma innii as’aluka min kulli khayrin khazaa’inuhuu biyadik(a). Wa as’alka minal-khayril-ladhii huwa biyadika kullih. [Composite: ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3679; ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab. Kanz al-‘Ummal #5035]

O Allah, protect me with Islam while I am standing, protect me with Islam while I am sitting, and protect me with Islam while I am lying down. And let not an enemy or jealous person take delight from my plight. O Allah, I ask You for all the good whose treasures are in Your Hands, and I ask You for that which is totally in Your Hands.

~~~Ameen~~~

all the good whose treasures are in Your Hands: All good is actually in the hands of Allah, even though due to normal chains of causations in this world it may appear to be coming to us from the hands of others.

that good which is totally in Your Hands: It refers to the good that clearly has no worldly sources.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary of  du’aa #76 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

Ameen. Good to see you back on this thread sister Acacia. Ramadhaan is the perfect time for du'a!

Abu Hurairah (Radhiyallaho anho) reports  Prophet Mohammad  Sallallaahu 'alayhe Wasallam said,

"There are three people whose dua's are not rejected, the fasting person until he breaks the fast, the just ruler and the dua's of the oppressed whose dua Allah lifts above the clouds and opens unto it the doors of the heavens, and Allah says, I swear by My honor, verily I shall assist you even though it may be after some time."  (Ahmed & Tirmidhi).

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

Another hadith;

"Not a single prayer made by a fasting person at the time of breaking fast is rejected." (Ibne Mãjah)

Prophet Muhammad Sallallaahu 'alayhi Wasallam mentioned :

"Our Rabb (Sustainer) descends every night to the lowest heaven, when one third of the night remains and says : Is there anyone who will make dua to me so that I may accept it? Is there anyone who will ask of me so that I may fulfill the request? Is there anyone who will ask My forgiveness so that I may forgive?" (Bukhari)

This hadith shows that the time of Suhoor is a blessed time for dua. In Ramadan, Muslims are awake at this time and are in an ideal position to perform Tahajjud Salaah, recite Quran and make dua.

darulihsan

• Like 1

DU’AA REGARDING SINS, WORRIES, DEBTS AND NEEDS

duaa-77.jpg?w=620&h=233

Allaahumma laa tada’ lanaa dhamban illaa ghafartah(uu), wa laa hamman illaa farrajtah(uu), wa laa daynan illaa qadaytah(uu), wa  laa hajatam min hawaa’ijid-dunyaa wal-aakhiati illaa qadaythaaa yaa arhamar-raahimiin. [Anas ibn Malik. Majma’ az-Zawa’id #17266]

O Allah, do not leave any of our sins except that you forgive them, nor any of our worries except that you remove them, nor any of our debts except that you discharge them, nor any of our needs from this world and the Hereafter except that you satisfy them. O the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and transliteration of  du’aa #77 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR EXCELLENCE IN WORSHIP TO ALLAH TA’AALA

– اَلّٰهُمَّ أَ عِنَّا عَلٰ ذِكْرِكَ وَ شُكْرِكَ وَ حُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ

Allahumma a’innaa ‘alaa dhikrika wa shukrika wa husni ‘ibaadatik. [Abu Hurayrah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3700; Mu’adh ibn Jabal. Sunan Abi Dawud #1301]

O Allah, help us in Your remembrance, in gratitude to You, and in reaching excellence in Your worship.

~~~Ameen~~~

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) taught the singular version of this du’aa to Sayyidna Mu’adh ibn Jabal (ra) as a very special gift and advised him to say it after every salaat (Sunan Abi Dawud).

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary on  du’aa #78 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR CONTENTMENT

-اَللّٰهُمَّ قَنِّعْنِيْ بِمَا رَزَقْتَنِيْ وَبَارِكْ لِيْ فِيْهِ٬ وَاخْلُفْ عَلىٰ كُلِّ غَا ئِبَةٍ لِّيْ بِخَيْرٍ

Allaahumma qanni’nii bimaa razaqtanii wa baarik lii fiih(i), wakhluf’alaa kulli ghaa’ibatin lii bikhayr. [‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas. Mustadrak Hakim #78/1878]

O Allah, make me content with what You have provided for me and bless me in it, and be my protector in everything that is out of my sight.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #79 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR A CLEAN AND GRACEFUL LIFE, DEATH AND RETURN

اَ للّٰهُمَّ أِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ عِيْشَةً نَّقِيَّةً، وَّمِيْتَةً سَوِيَّةً، وَّمَرَدًّاغَيْرَمَخْزِيٍّ وَّلَا فَاضِحٍ ـ

Allaahummaa innii as’aluka ‘ishatan naqiyya(tan), wa miitatan sawiyya(tan), wa maraddan ghayra makhziyyin wa laa faadih. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Mustadrak Hakim #186/1986)

O Allah, I ask You for a clean life, a graceful death, and a return (to You) which is neither humiliating nor disgracing.

~~~Ameen~~~

A clean life is a life of purity and virtue. Such a person is happy and contented. He is pleased with Allah’s decrees and Allah is pleased with him.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #80 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

~~~

May Allah Ta’aala grant us all the wisdom to honour believers during their lifetime and after their death and keep hidden their faults, sins, and humiliations; and may He grant that others honour the good in us and keep our faults, sins, and humiliations hidden from others. Ameen.

• Like 1

DU’AA – I AM WEAK, LOWLY AND NEEDY

duaa-81.jpg?w=620&h=186

Allaahumma innii da’iifun fa qawwi fi ridaaka du’fii, wa khudh ilal-khayri binaasiyatii, waj-‘alil-‘Islaama muntahaa ridaa’ii, wa innii dhaliilun fa a’izzaniii, wa innii faqiirun far-zuqnii. [buraydah al-Aslami. Mustadrak Hakim #131/1931; Ibid. Al-Jami’ as-Saghir #2882]

O Allah, I am weak; replace my weakness with strength in my pursuits of Your pleasure. Pull me by the forelocks toward good. Make Islam the ultimate object of my pleasure. I am lowly, so give me honor. And I am needy, so provide for me.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #81 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR THE BEST AND THE GOOD

duaa-82.jpg?w=620&h=318

duaa-82-2.jpg?w=972&h=294

Allaahumma innii as’aluka khayral-mas’ala(ti), wa khayrad-du’aa'(i), wa khayran-najaah(i), wa khayral-‘amal(i), wa khayrath-thawaab(i), wa khayral-hayaa(ti), wa khayral-mamaat(i), wa thabbitnii, wa thaqqil mawaaziinii, wa haqqiq iimaanii, war-fa’ darajaatii, wa taqabbal salaatii, wagh-fir khatii’atii, wa as’alukad-darajaatil-‘ulaa minal-Jannat(i), Aamiin(a). Allaahumma innii as’aluka fawaatihal-khayri wa khawaatimah(uu), wa jawaami’ah(uu), wa awwalahuu wa aakhirah(uu), wa zaahirahuu wa baatinah(uu). Allaahumma innii as’aluka khayra maa aatii, wa khayra maa af’al(u), wa khayra maa a’mal(u), wa khayra maa batan(a), wa khayra maa zahar. [um Salamah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3820; Ibid. Mustadrak Hakim #111/1911)

O Allah, I beg You for the best of petitions and invocations, through success, best deeds, best recompense, best life, and best death. Grant me firmness. Make my scales heavy and my faith genuine. Elevate my ranks, accept my salaat, and forgive my sins. I solicit of You high ranks in Paradise. Amin. O Allah, I beg You for the good: its beginnings and endings, its most comprehensive forms, its first and its last, and its outward and inward manifestations. O Allah, I beg You for the good of my accomplishments, my deeds, and my actions. The good of that which is hidden and that which is exposed.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and of du’aa #82 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR SUSTENANCE IN OLD AGE

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْ أَوْسَعَ رِزْقِكَ عَلَيَّ عِنْدَ كِبَرِ سِنِّيْ وَ انْقِطَاعِ عُمُرِيْ ـ

Allaahummaj-‘al awsa’a rizqika ‘alayya ‘inda kibari sinnii wan-qitaa’i ‘umurii. [‘A’ishah. Mustadrak Hakim #187/1987]

O Allah, make my sustenance the most plentiful in my old age and during the last days of my life.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #83 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA OF A BEDOUIN

وَاجْعَلْ جَيْرَ عُمُرِيْ اٰخِرَةٗ، وَ خَيْرَ عَمَلِيْ خَوَاتِيْمَهٗ، وَخَيْرَ أَيَّامِيْ يَوْمَ أَلْقَاكَ فِيْهِ. يَا وَلِيَّ الْأِسْلَامِ وَ أَهْلِهٖ ثَبِّتْنِيْ بِهٖ حَتّٰى أَلْقَاكَ ـ أَسْأَلُكَ غِنَايَ وَ غِنٰى مَوْ لَايَ ـ

Waj-‘al khayra ‘umurii aakhirah(uu), wa khayra ‘amalii khawaatimimah(uu), wa khayra ayyaamii yawma alqaaka fiih(i). Yaa Waliyyal-‘Islaami wa ahlihii thabbitnii bihii hattaa alqaak(a). As’aluka ghinaaya wa ghinaa mawlaay. [Compositge: Anas ibn Malik. Majma’a az-Zawa’id #17268; Abu Sirmah. Musnad Ahmad #15194]

O Allah, make the last part of my life its best, my last deed my best one, and the day I meet You my best day. O Protector of Islam and its followers, keep me firm on it until I meet you.

I seek from You my contentment and that of my family.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is part of a beautiful du’aa made by a Bedouin. Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) heard him and loved these words so much that he gave him a gift of gold. The complete du’aa, that won the Prophetic “gold medal,” was:

O the One Whom eyes cannot see, conjectures cannot grasp, and describers cannot describe; Whom events cannot affect and Who does not fear calamities; Who knows the weights of the mountains and the volumes of the oceans and the counts of the raindrops and of the tree leaves, and the counts of everything on which night brings darkness and day brings the light; (O the One from Whom) a heaven cannot hide another heaven, nor the earth can hide another earth, nor an ocean can hide what is in its depths, nor a mountain can hide what is behind its ruggedness — make the last part of my life its best, my last deed my best one, and the day I meet You my best day.

One marvels at the level of consciousness of Allah Ta’aala (ma’rifah) of a Bedouin inspired in him by his contact with the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem). May Allah Ta’aala grant us some of that. [Ameen].

The concern for a good ending is the paramount concern of a believer. Sayyidna Abu Bakr (ra) was asked why he made this du’aa despite being a Companion of the highest status. He replied, “(Sometimes) a servant keeps on doing pious deeds for a lifetime but they are ended with the deeds of the people of the Fire. And (sometimes) a servant keeps on doing sinful deeds for a lifetime but they are ended with the deeds of the people of the Garden” (Kanz al-‘Ummal).

We can never be complacent with our piety today. We must strive to maintain iman and taqwa to the finish.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #84 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA SEEKING PROTECTION

duaa-85.jpg?w=620&h=574

Allaahumma innii a’uudhu bika min suu’il-‘umuri wa fitnatissadr(i), wa a’uudhu bi’izzatika laa ilaaha illaa anta an tudillanii, wa min jahdil-balaa'(i), wa darakish-shaqaa'(i), wa suu’il-qadaa'(i), wa shamaatatil-‘a’daa'(i), wa min sharri maa ‘amilt(u), wa min sharri maa lam a’mal, wa min zawaali ni’matik(a), wa tahawwuli ‘aafiyatik(a), wa fujaa’ati niqmatik(a), wa jamii’i sakhatik(a), wa min sharri sam’ii, wa min sharri basarii, wa min sharri lisaanii, wa min sharri qalbii, wa min sharri maniyyii, wa min an azlima aw uzlam(a), wa minal-hadam(i), wa minat-taraddii, wa minal-gharaqi wal-haraq(i), wa an yatakhabbataniyash-shaytaanu ‘indal-mawt(i), wa min an amuuta fii sabiilika mudbira(n), wa an amuuta ladiigha.

[Composite: ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab. Sunan an-Nasa’i #5402; ‘Abdullah ibn Abbas. Sahih Muslim #4894; Abu Hurayrah. Sahih al-Bukhari #5871; ‘A’ishah. Sahih Muslim #4891; ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Sahih Muslim #4922; Shakal ibn Humayd. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3414; Abu Hurayrah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3688; Abdul-Yasr. Sunan Abi Dawud #1328]

O Allah, I seek Your protection from undesirable age and mischief of the heart. I seek Your refuge, by virtue of Your Honor as there is no god except You, from that You should lead me astray. (I seek Your refuge) from severe trials, wretchedness, bad fate, and taunts from the enemies. From the evil of what I did and what I did not. From the loss of Your blessings and the removal of Your protection. From Your sudden punishment and from all (that can warrant) Your wrath. From the mischief of my hearing, sight, speech, heart, and seed. From oppressing others or being oppressed, from being crushed or falling, from drowning or being burnt. Or that Shaytan should confuse me at the time of my death. Or that I should die as a fugitive from jihad or that I should die due to a venomous bite.

~~~Ameen~~~

From the evil of what I did and what I did not: We seek protection against the evil of our actions as well as inactions.

that Shaytan should confuse me: Shaytan makes his most determined effort to mislead a believer at the time of his death. He reminds his associates that if they don’t get the person the, they will never get him. The Satanic effort consists in confusing or distracting the dying person so he or she does not die in a state of iman or perform repentance before death. At a minimum it aims at causing despair in the person so he will have no hope of Allah’s mercy as he meets Him (‘Awn al-Ma’bud).

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) made this du’aa only to teach the ummah, as he was clearly immune from Satanic attacks.

This du’aa also includes please for protection from many forms of sudden and painful deaths [see below for additional commentary, taken from du’aa 206].

sudden death: We seek protection from sudden calamities and sudden death. However, if one does encounter that then we should seek comfort from other traditions that promise martyrdom for a person facing such death. This is similar to the case of sickness. We never seek it and always ask for good health. However when we do fall sick, we seek comfort from the ahadith that tell us that it becomes a means of forgiveness of one’s sins.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #85 and part of commentary of du’aa #206 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR SHUKR AND SABR, AND PROTECTION AGAINST DEADLY DISEASES OF THE HEART

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِيْ شَكُوْرًا، وَّ اجْعَلْنِيْ صَبُوْرًا، وَّاجْعَلْنِيْ فِيْ عَيْنِيْ صَغِيْرًا وَّفِيْ أَعْيُنِ النَّاسِ كَبِيْرًاـ

Allaahummaj-‘alnii shakuura(n), waj-‘alnii sabuura(n), waj-‘alnii fii ‘aynii saghiiran wa fii a’yunin-naasi kabiira. [buraydah al-Aslami. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3675]

O Allah, make me one who is highly grateful. Make me one who is patient and perseverant. Make me small in my own eyes but great in the eyes of others.

~~~Ameen~~~

one who is highly grateful: Gratefulness is an act of the tongue as well as the heart. We must feel gratitude for the blessings of Allah Ta’aala in our heart and we should also express it in words.

small in my eyes but great in the eyes of others: Getting respect from others has its obvious advantages; life may be difficult for the person who gets respect from no one. Further, one needs this respect to discharge his responsibilities toward them as a believer, like enjoining good and forbidding evil. However, it can also lead to pride and arrogance, which are deadly diseases of the heart. Therefore we ask for being small in our own eyes before asking for being great in the eyes of others.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #86 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

Alhamdulillah, jazakAllah khayran! Alhamdulillah, corrected.

I love you for the sake of Allah Ta'aala. May He reward you abundantly in both worlds for being patient with me, being there for me, kindly correcting me when I need correcting, and encouraging me to do good. Ameen.

DU’AA ON BLESSINGS AND DEPRIVATIONS

اَللّٰهُمَّ ضَعْ فِيْ أَرْضِنَا بَرَ كَتَهَا وَزِيْنَتَهَا وَسَكَنَهَاـ وَلَا تَحْرِمْنِيْ بَرَ كَةَ مَا أَعْطَيْتَنِيْ،وَلَاتَفْتِنِيْ فِيْمَا أَحْرَمْتَنِيْ ـ

Allaahumma da’ fii ardinaa barakatahaa wa ziinatahaa wa sakanahaa. Wa laa tahrimnii barakata maa a’taytanii, wa laa taftinnii fiimaa ahramtanii.

(Composite: Samurah ibn Jundub and Ubayy ibn Ka’b. Majma’ az-Zawa’id #17425, 17359)

O Allah, put blessings, beauty, and calm in our land. Do not deprive me of the blessings of what You have given me and do not subject me to a trial in what You have withheld from me.

~~~Ameen~~~

In other words my deprivations in this world should not become my tribulations.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #87 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR GOOD MORALS AND MANNERS

اَللّٰهُمَّ أَحْسَنْتَ خَلْقِيْ فَأَحْسِنْ خُلُقِيْ ـ وَأَذْهِبْ غَيْظَ قَلْبِيْ وَأَجِرْنِيْ مِنْ مُّضِلَّاتِ الْفِتَنِ مَا أَحْيَيْتَنَا ـ

Allaahummaa ahsanta khalqii fa ahsin khuluqii. Wa adh-hib ghayza qalbii wa ajirnii mim mudillaatil-fitani maa ahyaytanaa.(Composite: ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud. Musnad Ahmad #3632; Um Salamah. Musnad Ahmad #25364)

O Allah, You have given me a good physique; favor me with good morals and manners as well. Extinguish the anger in my heart and, as long as You keep me alive, save me from such trying situations that can lead me astray.

~~~Ameen~~~

The first part of this du’aa (اَللّٰهُمَّ أَحْسَنْتَ خَلْقِيْ فَأَحْسِنْ خُلُقِيْ) is also to be recited when one sees himself or herself in the mirror. It contains two important messages. First, a good physique or good appearance is a blessing of Allah Ta’aala. It will be foolish if anyone tried to take credit for that. Second, good morals and manners are more important. They are our actions. And in the hereafter the actions we performed, not the gifts we received, will determine our fate. So instead of gloating over the first, we seek the second.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #88 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR A DEATH ON IMAN

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَقِّنِيْ حُجَّةَ ا لْأِيْمَانِ عِنْدَ الْمَمَاتِ ـ

Allaahumma laqqinii hujjatal-iimaani ‘indal-mamaat.

(Abu Hurayrah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3286)

O Allah, instruct me in the evidence of faith at the time of death.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is another important du’aa for breathing our last in a state of iman. It is the overriding concern of a believer that he or she should die in a state of iman, for otherwise a lifetime of good deeds may come to nothing. Therefore protecting our faith is a lifelong struggle. The hadith that teaches this du’aa sheds further light on the importance of this matter. “None of you should say, ‘O Allah, instruct me in my evidence at the time of death’, as the non-believer is also instructed in his evidence. Rather you should say, ‘O Allah! Instruct me in the evidence of faith at the time of death.'”

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #89 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AAS FOR GOOD OF DAY AND NIGHT

رَبِّ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ مَا فِيْ هٰذَا الْيَوْمِ وَ خَيْرَ مَا بَعْدَهٗ ـ

Rabbi as’aluka khayra maa fii haadhal-yawmi wa khayra maa ba’dah.

(‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3312)

O Lord, I beg You for the good of this day and the good of what will come after it.

~~~Ameen~~~

At night, one should say: رَبِّ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ مَا فِيْ هَذِهِ اللَّيْلَةِ وَ خَيْرَ مَا بَعْدَهَا (O Lord, I beg You for the good of this night and the good of what comes after it.)

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #90 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR THE GOOD OF THIS DAY

اَللّٰهُمَّ أِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ هٰذَا الْيَوْمِ فَتْحَهٗ وَنَصْرَهٗ وَ نُوْرَهٗ وَ بَرَ كَتَهٗ وَ هُدَاهُ ـ

Allaahumma innii as’aluka khayra haadhal-yawmi fathahuu wa nasrahuu wa nuurahuu wa barakatahuu wa hudaah. (Abu Malik al-Ash’ari. Sunan Abi Dawud #4421)

O Allah, I beseech You for the good of this day: its victory, its success, its light, its blessings, and its guidance.

~~~Ameen~~~

Ibn ‘Ulan in Futuhat ar-Rabbaniyyah writes: In the generalized sense fath means achievement of goals. Nasr means help against overt and covert enemies. Nur is the light from Allah that allows one to see the Right Path. Barakah means perpetuation of obedience. Huda means guidance to steadfastness that leads one to a beautiful ending.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #91 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR PROTECTION FROM ALL SIDES

اَللّٰهُمَّ أِنِّيْ أَ سْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَلْعَافِيَةَ فِيْ دِيْنِيْ وَدُنْيَايَ وَأَهْلِيْ وَمَالِيْ. اَللّٰهُمَّ اسْتُرْ عَوْرَاتِيْ وَاٰمِنْ رَوْعَاتِيْ. اَللّٰهُمَّ ا حْفَظْنِيْ مِنْۢ بَيْنِ يَدَيَّ وَمِنْ خَلْفَيْ، وَعَنْ يَّمِيْنِيْ وَعَنْ شِمَالِيْ، وَ مِنْ فَوْقِيْ، وَأَعُوْذُبِعَظَمَتِكَ أَنْ أُغْتَالَ مِنْ تَحْتِيْ ـ

Allaahumma innii as’alukal-‘afwa wal-‘aafiyata fii diinii wa dunyaaya wa ahlii wa maalii. Allaahumms-tur ‘awraatii wa aamin raw’aatii. Allaahummah-faznii mim bayni yadayya wa min khalfii, wa ‘an yamiinii wa ‘an shimaalii, wa min fawqii, wa a’uudhu bi’azamatika an ughtaala min tahtii. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Sunan Abi Dawud #4412)

O Allah, I ask You for forgiveness and security in my religion and in my worldly affairs, in my family and in my property. O Allah, conceal those things of mine that are worth concealing and give calm to my fears. O Allah, guard me (from all sides): in front and behind, on my right and on my left, and from above me. And I seek refuge in Your greatness from receiving unexpected harm from below.

~~~Ameen~~~

receiving unexpected harm from below: Ightiyaal means being killed by deception at a place where nobody can see you. According to Waki’ibn al-Jarrah, “ughtaala min tahtii” means being killed in an earthquake.

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) used to say this du’aa every morning and evening.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #92 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA TO RECITE AT TIMES OF DIFFICULTIES

يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّوْمُ بِرَحُمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيْثُ، أَصْلِحْ لِيْ شَأْنِيْ كُلَّهٗ، وَلَاتَكِلْنِيْ أِلىٰ نَفْسِيْ طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ ـ

Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyuumu birahmatika astaghiith(u), aslih lii sha’nii kullah(uu), wa laa takilnii ilaa nafsii tarfata ‘ayn. (Anas ibn Malik. Mustadrak Hakim #200/2000)

O the Living, the Eternal, I beg through Your mercy. Set right all of my affairs and do not leave me under the control of my ego (nafs) for even the blink of an eye.

~~~Ameen~~~

According to a hadith, this du’aa contains al-Ism al-A’zam, one of the special names of Allah that, when invoked while making a du’aa, tremendously increase its chances of acceptance. This du’aa should be made profusely at the time of difficulties, as was the practice of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem). He also urged his daughter Sayyidah Fatimah (ra) to make this du’aa every morning and evening.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #93 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS AND PROTECTION FROM THE FIRE

أَسْألُكَ بِنُوْرِ وَجْهِكَ الَّذِيْ أَشْرَ قَتْ لَهُ السَّمٰوٰتُ وَ الأّرْضُ وَبِكُلِّ حَقٍّ هُوَ لَكَ وَبِحَقِّ السَّائِلِيْنَ عَلَيْكَ أَنْ تُقِيْلَنِيْ وَأَنْ تُجِيْرَنِيْ مِنَ النَّارِ بِقُدْرَتِكَ ـ

As’aluka binuuri Wajhikal-ladhii ashraqat lahus-samaawaatu wal’ardu wa bikulli haqqin huwa laka wa bihaqqis-saa’iliina ‘alayka an tuqiilanii wa an tujiiranii minan-naari biqudratik. (Abu Umamah al-Bahili. Mu’jam al-Kabir (Tabarani) #265/8)

In the name of the light of Your Countenance that lights the heavens and the earth and in the name of every right of Yours and (in the name of) the right on You that You have granted to the beggars, I beseech You to forgive me and protect me from the Fire through Your Power.

~~~Ameen~~~

right of beggars: We do not have any built-in, autonomous right over Allah Ta’aala. No one can demand anything from Allah Ta’aala or force Him to grant anything. However, Allah Ta’aala has through His Own kindness and compassion, granted us the privilege of making pleas to Him and He accepts them when they are made sincerely and obediently. It is this that has been referred to here.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #94 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR SALVATION AND A GOOD, SUCCESSFUL DAY

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْ أَوَّلَ هٰذَا النَّهَارِ صَلَا حًا، وَّأَوْسَطَهٗ فَلَا حًا، وَّاٰخِرَهٗ نَجَا حًا. أّسْأّلُكَ خَيْرَالدُّنْيَاوَالْاٰخِرَةِ، يَاأَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْنَ ـ

Allaahummaj-‘al awwala haadhan-nahaari salaaha(n), wa awsatahuu falaaha(n), wa aakhirahuu najaaha(n). As’aluka khayrad-dunyaa wal-aakhira(ti), yaa Arhamar-raahimiin. (‘Abdur-Rahman ibn Abza. Musannaf ibn Abi Shaybah #29268)

O Allah, make the first part of this day good, the middle part success, and the last part salvation. I ask from You the good of this world and the Hereafter, O the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #95 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)