IslamicTeachings.org

The Accepted Whispers: Munajaat-e-Maqbul

NUH (A.S.)’S DU’AA

رَّبِّ أَنزِلْنِي مُنزَلًا مُّبَارَكًا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الْمُنزِلِينَ

Rabbi anzilnii munzalam mubaraakan wa anta Khayrul munziliin. (23:29)

My Lord, cause me to land at a blessed landing-place, for You are the Best of all who bring to land.

~~~Ameen~~~

Allah Ta’aala taught this du’aa to Sayyidnaa Nuh (Noah) (a.s.) to say after boarding the Ark that saved him and the believers with him from the Flood.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #24 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

Oh Allah, we are drowning in sin and falsehood. O Allah, our time has flown and pooled all around us, we are drowning in wastefulness. Oh Allah, we are struggling to swim against a very strong current, we are weak and exhausted, we are lost and confused. Oh Allah, save us – rectify our beliefs, save us from wrongdoing, grant us understanding, grant us forgiveness, grant us physical and spiritual strength, grant us the ability to control our nafs, grant us unity, and grant that we may be of those who attain Your pleasure. Oh Allah, bring the ummah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) to land in the most blessed landing-place – that of Your pleasure. Oh Allah, asking is from us, granting is from You. Oh Allah, accept and grant our du’aas despite errors and deficiencies. Ameen.

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR PROTECTION FROM SHAYTAAN (SATAN)

رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِوَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَن يَحْضُرُونِ

Rabbi a’uudhu bika min hamazaatish-shayaatiin(i). Wa a’uudhu bika Rabbi an yahduruun. (23:97-98)

My Lord, I seek refuge with You from the promptings of the shaytaans and I seek refuge with You my Lord from that they come to me.

~~~Ameen~~~

This du’aa is often invoked for protection from the mischief of Shaytaan (Satan). It is also highly recommended for guarding against losing one’s temper and giving in to fits. Additionally, it is very effective against other assaults of the devils. A variant of this du’aa is reported for protection against nightmares. That du’aa is:

I seek refuge with Allah’s Perfect Words from Allah’s wrath, from the evils of His slaves, and from the promptings of the shaytaans and from that they come to me.

Sayyidnaa ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Amr (r.a.) used to teach this to his older children. And for younger children he used to write it as an amulet and let them wear it around their necks.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #25 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR “WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH”

رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

Rabbanaa aamannaa fagh-fir lanaa war-hamnaa wa anta Khayrur-raahimiin. (23:109)

Our Lord, we believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are the Best One to show mercy.

~~~Ameen~~~

The Qur’an mentions this as the du’aa of the people who were ridiculed in this world by the unbelievers. In a glimpse of the Hereafter in the verses just preceding this we see the ridiculers futilely pleading that they be given another chance, while Allah Ta’aala says this regarding those making this du’aa: “I have rewarded them today for how patient they have been: they are the ones who are triumphant” (Al-Mu’minoon 23:111).

When the going gets tough because of peer pressure, powerful media, or the campaigns of the world powers against them, the believers can get a lot of relief through this du’aa.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #26 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA OF THE SERVANTS OF THE MOST MERCIFUL

رَبَّنَا اصْرِفْ عَنَّا عَذَابَ جَهَنَّمَ إِنَّ عَذَابَهَا كَانَ غَرَامًا

Rabbanas-rif ‘annaa ‘adhaaba jahannam(a), inna ‘adhaabahaa kaana gharaama. (25:65)

Our Lord, turn away from us the punishment of Hell; surely its punishment is a persisting affliction.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is the du’aa of the people who have been honoured with the title “‘Ibaadur Rahmaan” (Servants of the Most Merciful). It is an attribute of such people that they are always concerned about the Hereafter and are always seeking protection against Hell.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #27 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

Ya Rabb, grant that we may be of those Servants worthy of Your honour and pleasure, honoured with the title Ibaadur Rahmaan, always in Your remembrance and always seeking Your protection, seeking Your Mercy. Ameen.

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR MARITAL BLISS AND FOR BECOMING A MODEL AND INSPIRATION FOR OTHERS THROUGH OUR PIETY

رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

Rabbanaa hab lanaa min azwaajinaa wa dhurriyyaatinaa qurrata a’yunin waj-‘alnaa lil-muttaqiina imaama. (25:74)

Our Lord, grant us the delight of our eyes in our spouses and our offspring and make us a model for the God-fearing.

~~~Ameen~~~

delight of eyes: heartfelt joy

This is the key du’aa for marital bliss and for raising happy, loving, model Muslim families. There is a clear message here that taqwa (Allah consciousness and fear of Allah) is the true foundation on which one can hope to build a happy family life.

The second part of the du’aa can also be translated as “make us leaders of the pious.” In the context of the family, since a man is the leader of his family, the du’aa really is for the piety of one’s family and not for one’s leadership. In the general sense the du’aa is for attaining such piety that we become a model and inspiration for other people.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #28 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA OF SULAYMAN (A.S.)

رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ

Rabbi awzi’nii an ashkura ni’matakal-latii an’amta ‘alayya wa ‘alaa waalidayya wa an a’mala saalihan tardaahu wa adkhilnii birahmatika fi ‘ibaadikas-saalihin. (27:19)

My Lord, grant me that I should be grateful for Your favour that You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I do the good deeds that You are pleased with. And admit me through Your mercy among Your pious servants.

~~~Ameen~~~

This was the du’aa of Sayyidnaa Sulayman (Solomon) (a.s.).

We need Allah’s help even in showing gratitude for His favours. Further, good deeds in themselves are not sufficient. We need good deeds that will be accepted by Allah. It is possible that our good deeds carry no weight in the sight of Allah because of some inherent defect or flaw that only He knows.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #29 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA OF THE DESTITUTE

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ

Rabbi innii limaa anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqiir. (28:24)

My Lord, I am needy of whatever good You send down for me.

~~~Ameen~~~

This was the du’aa of Sayyidna Musa (a.s.) when he reached Madyan to escape from a death sentence from the Pharaoh for accidentally killing an Egyptian. He was hungry, tired, penniless, and a total stranger in this town. Allah Ta’aala provided for him a home and a spouse and he lived there for a decade.

Anyone in a total state of destitution may derive immense strength from saying this du’aa while remembering the condition of sayyidna Musa (a.s.) at that time.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #30 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA MADE BY ANGELS CARRYING THE ‘ARSH OF ALLAH TA’AALA

رَبَّنَا وَسِعْتَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ رَّحْمَةً وَعِلْمًا فَاغْفِرْ لِلَّذِينَ تَابُوا وَاتَّبَعُوا سَبِيلَكَ وَقِهِمْ عَذَابَ الْجَحِيمِ

رَبَّنَا وَأَدْخِلْهُمْ جَنَّاتِ عَدْنٍ الَّتِي وَعَدتَّهُمْ وَمَن صَلَحَ مِنْ آبَائِهِمْ وَأَزْوَاجِهِمْ وَذُرِّيَّاتِهِمْ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

وَقِهِمُ السَّيِّئَاتِ وَمَن تَقِ السَّيِّئَاتِ يَوْمَئِذٍ فَقَدْ رَحِمْتَهُ وَذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

Rabbanaa wasi’ta kulla shay’in rahmatan wa ‘ilman fagh-fir lilladhiina taabuu wat-taba’uu sabiilaka wa qihim ‘adhaabal-jahiim. (40:7)

Rabbanaa wa adkhilhum jannaati ‘adninil-latii wa’adttahum wa man salaha min aabaa’ihim wa azwaajihim wa dhurriyyaatihim. Innaka antal-‘Azizul-Hakiim(u). (40:8)

Wa qihimus-sayyi’aat(i). Wa man taqis-sayyi’aati yawma’idhin fa qad rahimtah(uu). Wa dhaalika huwal-fawzul-‘aziim. (40:9)

Our Lord, Your mercy and knowledge encompass everything, therefore forgive those who repent and follow Your Way and shield them from the punishment of the Hell.

Our Lord, admit them to the Gardens of Eternity that You have promised to them and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity. You are the Powerful, the Wise. And shield them from (all) ills; and any whom You do shield from ills that Day, on them surely You have bestowed mercy. And that is the supreme achievement, indeed.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is a du’aa for the believers made by the angels carrying the Throne (‘Arsh) of Allah Ta’aala.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #32-33 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA OF NUH (A.S.) – WHEN FEELING OVERWHELMED

أَنِّي مَغْلُوبٌ فَانتَصِرْ

Anni maghluubun fan-tasir. (54:10)

I have been overpowered so help me.

~~~Ameen~~~

This was the du’aa of Sayyidnaa Nuh (a.s.) after 950 years of preaching to a stubborn people. This du’aa is also appropriate when a person feels overwhelmed by great hardships, calamities, serious illness, or enemies.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #35 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA TO CURE HATRED AGAINST OTHER BELIEVERS

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَءُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

Rabbanagh-fir lanaa wa li’ikhwaaninal-ladhiina sabaquunaa biliimaani wa laa taj’al fii quluubinaa ghillan lilladhiina aamanuu Rabbanaa innaka Ra’uufun Rahiim. (59:10)

Our Lord, forgive us and those of our brethren who preceded us in faith, and do not allow any spite to remain in our hearts toward the believers, our Lord, surely You are Full of Kindness, Most Merciful.

~~~Ameen~~~

This Qur’anic du’aa must inform our attitudes regarding our pious predecessors. That includes the Companions and their Followers. Having rancor, malice, or hatred against other believers, especially the pious predecessors, is a serious disease. This du’aa, when made sincerely, can cure it.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #36 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AAS FROM SURAH AL-MUMTAHINAH

رَّبَّنَا عَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْنَا وَإِلَيْكَ أَنَبْنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ

رَبَّنَا لَا تَجْعَلْنَا فِتْنَةً لِّلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

Rabbanaa ‘alayka tawakkalnaa wa ilayka anabnaa wa ilaykalmasiir. (from 60:4)

Rabbanaa laa taj’alnaa fitnatan lilladhiina kafaruu wagh-fir lanaa rabbanaa, innaka antal-‘Aziizul-Hakiim. (60:5)

Our Lord, in You we put our trust, and to You do we turn in repentance, and to You is the eventual destiny.

Our Lord, make us not a prey for those who disbelieve, and forgive us, our Lord. Indeed You alone are the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

~~~Ameen~~~

These are du’aas #37 and #38 in Mawlana Ashraf ‘Ali Thanawi’s Munajat-e-Maqbul (translated as the Accepted Whispers by Khalid Baig) and are listed under the Saturday collection of daily du’aas.

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR LIGHT

رَبَّنَا أَتْمِمْ لَنَا نُورَنَا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا إِنَّكَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Rabbanaa atmim lanaa nuuranaa wagh-fir lanaa, innaka ‘alaa kulli shay’in qadiir. (66:8)

Our Lord, perfect our light for us, and forgive us. Surely you have power over all things.

~~~Ameen~~~

This will be the du’aa of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) and the believers on the Day of Resurrection, when “Allah will not disgrace the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) and the believers with him” (At-Tahrim, 66:8). A report from Sayyidna Abu Umamah (ra) gives details of distribution of light in the Hereafter. Keeping it in mind will help us understand the importance of this du’aa. It states:

Then you will be transferred from the graves to the Plain of Gathering where there will be different stages and spots to stand or wait. Then there will come a stage when some faces will brighten up and others will be darkened by the Divine command. An intense darkness will prevail and nobody will be able to see anything. Thereafter light will be distributed.

Another report of Ibn Abi Hatim, quoted by Ibn Kathir, narrates of the authority of Sayyidna ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (ra):

Each believer will receive the light commensurate with his deeds. Some will have light as large as a mountain, some as a date tree, some as big as the height of a man. The lease among them will have a light as big as his index finger; it will light at times and extinguish at other times.

The hypocrites and the disbelievers will not receive any light.

The crossing of the Bridge will take place afterwards and those without light will not be able to cross it safely (Ma’ariful al-Qur’an).

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #39 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA OF NUH (A.S.) BEFORE THE FLOOD

- رَّبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِمَن دَخَلَ بَيْتِيَ مُؤْمِنًا وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ

Rabbigh-fir lii wa liwaalidayya wa liman dakhala baytiya mu’minan wa lil-mu’miniina wal-mu’minaat. (71:28)

O my Lord, forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in a state of belief, and (all) believing men and believing women.

~~~Ameen~~~

This was the du’aa of Sayyidna Nuh (a.s.) before the Flood.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #40 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR CLEANSING FROM SINS

اَللّٰهُمَّ ﺍﻏْﺴِﻞْ ﺧَﻂَﺎﻳَﺎﻱَ ﺑِﻤَﺎءِ ﺍﻟﺜَّﻠْﺞِ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺒَﺮَﺩِ ﻭَﻧَﻖِّ ﻗَﻠْﺒِﻲ ﻣِﻦْ ﺍﻟْﺨَﻂَﺎﻳَﺎ ﻛَﻤَﺎ ﻳُﻨَﻘَّﻰ ﺍﻟﺜَّﻮْﺏُ ﺍﻷَْﺑْﻴَﺾُ ﻣِﻦْ ﺍﻟﺪَّﻧَﺲِ ﻭَﺑَﺎﻋِﺪْ ﺑَﻴْﻨِﻲ ﻭَﺑَﻴْﻦَ ﺧَﻂَﺎﻳَﺎﻱَ ﻛَﻤَﺎ ﺑَﺎﻋَﺪْﺕَ ﺑَﻴْﻦَ ﺍﻟْﻤَﺸْﺮِﻕِ ﻭَﺍﻟْﻤَﻐْﺮِﺏِ

Allahummagh-sil khataayaaya bimaa’ith-thalji wal-barad(i), wa naqqi qalbii minal-khataayaa kamaa yunaqqath-thawbul-‘abyadu minad-danas(i), wa baa’id baynii wa bayna khataayaaya kamaa baa’adtta baynal-mashriqi wal-maghrib. (‘A’ishah (RA). Sahih al-Bukhari #5898)

O Allah, wash away my sins with snow and hail water and purify my heart of sins as a white garment is cleansed of soil. And distance my sins as far away from me as You have distanced the east from the west.

~~~Ameen~~~

The cold snow and hail water are needed to extinguish the heat and fire inherent in sins. The desired result is that one’s heart will be as completely cleansed of sins as a freshly laundered white garment.

It goes without saying that a person making this du’aa with sincerity and full understanding can never take pleasure from sins. Thus this powerful du’aa is an antidote against the sin-is-fun pop culture. The person making this du’aa sees his sins and mistakes as dark spots on a white cloth and the Shari’ah’s injunctions against sins as a blessing not a burden.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #41 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR TAQWA

-اَللّٰهُمَّ آتِ نَفْسِي تَقْوَاهَا وَزَكِّهَا أَنْتَ خَيْرُ مَنْ زَكَّاهَا أَنْتَ وَلِيُّهَا وَمَوْلاَهَا

Allaahumma aati nafsii taqwaahaa, wa zakkihaa anta khayru man zakkaahaa, anta Waliyyuhaa wa Mawlaahaa. (Zayd ibn Arqam (RA). Sahih Muslim #4899)

O Allah, bestow on my soul its taqwa. Purify it, for You are the Best of those who can purify it. You alone are its Guardian and Master.

~~~Ameen~~~

Taqwa means piety, having fear of displeasing Allah, and Allah consciousness. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) made this du’aa for himself. If he needed taqwa and Allah’s help in acquiring it, what does that tell us about our needs in this regard?

This du’aa is a reminder that we perpetually need purification of the heart, and that this can only come with Allah’s help.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #42 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR EVERY GOOD RASULULLAH (SALLALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLEM) ASKED ALLAH TA’AALA FOR

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنَّا نَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا سَأَلَكَ مِنْهُ نَبِيُّكَ مُحَمَّدٌ صَلَّى ا للهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ سَلَّمَ

Allaahumma innaa nas’aluka min khayri maa sa’alaka minhu nabiyyuka Muhammadun sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.

O Allah, we ask You for every good that Your prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu alahyhi wa sallem) asked You for.

~~~Ameen~~~

Sayyidna Abu Umamah (ra) says that he heard many du’aas from the Prophet (sallAllahu alayhi wa sallem) but could not remember them. So he requested the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) to teach him an all-inclusive, concise, and comprehensive du’aa. This beautiful du’aa was a response to that request.

We seek all the good that he sought. We seek protection against all the evil that he sought protection against. We want to lovingly follow each one of his footsteps, and we hope to find his company in the Hereafter.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #43 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 3

ALL-ENCOMPASSING DU’AA

اِنِّا نَسْأَ لُكَ عَزَائِمَ مَغْفِرَتِكَ، وَ مُنْجِيَاتِ أَمْرِكَ، وَالسَّلَامَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ أِثْمٍ، وَّالغَنِيْمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ

-بِرٍّ، وَّالْفَوْزَبِالْجَنَّةِ، وَالنَّجَاةَمِنَ النَّارِ

Innaa nas’aluka ‘azaa’ima maghfiratik(a), wa munjiyaati amrik(a), was-salaamata min kulli ithm(in), wal-ghaniimata min kulli birr(in), wal-fawza bil-Janna(ti), wan-najaata minan-Naar. (‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud. Mustadrak Hakim #157/1957)

O Allah, we beg You for the means of Your forgiveness, for the deeds that will lead to salvation, for safety from all sins, for a share in every piety, for attainment of Paradise, and for freedom from Hell.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is du’aa #44 in Mawlana Ashraf ‘Ali Thanawi’s Munajat-e-Maqbul (translated as the Accepted Whispers by Khalid Baig) and are listed under the Saturday collection of daily du’aas.

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْمًا نَافِعًا

Allaahumma innii as’aluka ‘ilman naafi’a. (Jabir ibn ‘Abdullah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3787)

O Allah, I beg You for beneficial knowledge.

~~~Ameen~~~

Obviously not all knowledge turns out to be beneficial, either because its contents lack usefulness or because we fail to derive benefit from it. This du’a is for protection against both of these possibilities. This point is further emphasized in another hadith that includes the du’a: “O Allah I seek Your protection against knowledge that does not benefit” (Du’a 54). See also du’a 21.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #45 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS OF INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL SINS

اَللّٰهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِيْ ذَنْمبِيْ خَطَئِيْ وَ عَمَدِيْ

Allaahummagh-fir lii dhambii khata’ii wa ‘amadii. (‘Uthman ibn Abil-‘Aas. Musnad Ahmad #17229)

O Allah, forgive my sins, both unintentional and intentional.

~~~Ameen~~~

While intentional sins are certainly more serious, those committed unintentionally and carelessly are also nothing to be relaxed about. When on one occasion an exchange between the Companions resulted in the raising of their voices in the presence of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem), Allah Ta’aala warned them that such acts could destroy their good deeds, without their even realizing it (Al-Hujuraat, 49:1). Similarly a hadith points out that sometimes a person utters a word carelessly and does not think much about it but it earns for him the wrath of Allah until the Day of Judgment.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #46 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS – ERRORS, IGNORANCE AND EXCESSES

اَللّٰهُمَّ ا غْفِرْ لِيْ خَطِيْئَتِيْ وَجَهْلِيْ، وَ إِسْرَافِيْ فِيْ أَمْرِيْ، وَمَا أنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّيْ

Allaahummagh-fir lii khatii’atii wa jahlii, wa israafii fii amrii, wa maa anta a’lamu bihii minnii. (Abu Musa al-Ash’ari Sahih al-Bukhari #5920)

O Allah, forgive my errors, my ignorance, my excesses in my affairs, and those of my wrongs that you know better than I.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is du’aa #47 in Mawlana Ashraf ‘Ali Thanawi’s Munajat-e-Maqbul (translated as the Accepted Whispers by Khalid Baig) and is listed under the Saturday collection of daily du’aas.

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS – COMMITTED EARNESTLY AND IN JEST

-اَللّٰهُمَّ ا غْفِرْ لِيْ جِدِّي وَ هَزْلِيْ

Allaahummagh-fir lii jiddii wa hazlii

O Allah, forgive my sins that I committed earnestly and those that I committed in jest.

~~~Ameen~~~

This is du’aa #48 in Mawlana Ashraf ‘Ali Thanawi’s Munajat-e-Maqbul (translated as the Accepted Whispers by Khalid Baig) and is listed under the Saturday collection of daily du’aas.

• Like 1

DU’AA TO THE TURNER OF HEARTS

اَللّٰهُمَّ مُصَّرِفَ الْقُلُوْبِ صَّرِفْ قُلُوْبَنَاعَلىَ طَاعَتِكَ

Allaahumma Musarrifal-quluubi sarrif quluubanaa ‘alaa taa’atik. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-’As. Sahih Muslim #4798)

O Allah, the Turner of hearts, keep our hearts turned to your obedience.

~~~Ameen~~~

A person sincerely seeking Allah’s help in His obedience will, insha’Allah, find his heart in it.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #49 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

SHORT DU’AA OF ISTIKHARA

-اَللّٰهُمَّ ا هْدِنِيْ وَ سَدِّدْنِيً

Allaahummah-dinii wa saddidnii. ('Ali ibn Abi Talib. Sahih Muslim #4904)

O Allah, give me guidance and keep me firm (on the path of guidance).

~~~Ameen~~~

This du’aa, with the addition of “وَقِنِيْشَرَّنَفْسِيْ”  is also the short du’aa of istikharah that one should make when faced with quick decision-making and there is no time for Istikharahsalaat.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #50 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR DIVINE GUIDANCE

-اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ الْهُدٰى وَالتُّقٰى وَالْعَفَافَ وَالْغِنٰى

Allaahumma innii as’alukal-hudaa wat-tuqaa wal-’afaafa wal-ghinaa. (‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud.Sahih Muslim #4898)

O Allah, I beg You for guidance, piety, chastity, and contentment.

~~~Ameen~~~

Making this du’aa often, with full understanding, may also be a strong antidote to the hedonistic pop culture, which promotes exactly the opposite values.

This du’aa implies that piety and chastity are linked with contentment and that all three require Divine guidance.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #51 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA – ASKING ALLAH TA’AALA TO PUT OUR DEEN, OUR LIFE, AND OUR MATERIAL WORLD IN ORDER FOR US

duaa-52.jpg?w=620

Allaahumma aslih lii diiniyal-ladhii huwa ‘ismatu amrii, wa aslih lii dunyaayal-latii fiihaa m’aashii, wa aslih lii aakhiratiyal-latii fiihaa ma’aadii, waj-‘alil-hayaata ziyaadatan lii fii kulli khayr(in), waj’alil-mawta raahatan lii min kulli sharr. (Abu Hurayrah. Sahih Muslim #4897)

O Allah, put in order for me my religion,which is my protection. put in order for me my material world in which lies my livelihood. put in order for me my life to come to which is my return. make life a means of increase for me in all that is good, and death a respite for me from every evil.

~~~Ameen~~~

Without the din (religion) we are totally lost here and in the Hereafter.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s commentary to du’aa #52 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1