Remember Death

ummtaalib

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Reality of Death

baqee12.jpg

Death is indiscriminate. It takes anyone at anytime. There is a sequence for coming into this world, i.e. first the grandfather, then the father and then the son. However with regards to leaving, there is no system. The grandson may pass away while the grandfather is still living. We all have to return to Allah Ta‘ala. However, what we need to see is how can we make the return journey enjoyable and pleasant? The answer is simple: Make your life pleasant and beloved to Him, and He will make your end pleasant and enjoyable to you.

Source: Al-Haadi

• Like 2

A Good Death

roses-and-heart.jpg

Some people pass away in such a blessed manner, as if they had requested the angel of death to take their soul in that way. These things happen even up to this day but generally to those whose hearts are very clean. We just need to make slight adjustments to our eyes, ears, tongue and heart.

When a person’s soul and body is totally compliant to the commands of Allah Ta‘ala, then Allah Ta’ala becomes happy with him and at the time of death he is given the glad tidings:

يَا أَيَّتُهَا النَّفْسُ الْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ ﴿٢٧﴾ ارْجِعِي إِلَىٰ رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَّرْضِيَّةً ﴿٢٨﴾ فَادْخُلِي فِي عِبَادِي ﴿٢٩﴾ وَادْخُلِي جَنَّتِي ﴿٣٠﴾

“O compliant soul! Return to your Rabb in a condition that you are pleased with Him and He is pleased with you. Enter among my pious servants and enter my Jannat.”

Source: Al-Haadi
  • Like 1

Death is Inevitable

baqi-300x225.jpg

Hazrat Shaikh (rahmatullahi ‘alaihi) once mentioned:

I always reflect over the fact that death is inevitable. Each person knows with certainty that death will overtake him one day. Why is it that people are still so unmindful about death and hence do not prepare for it? Today after Asr salaah my neighbour had passed away. May Allah Ta’ala forgive him and have mercy on him. He had just performed his Asr salaah and sat down in order to recite the Qur’an when death had all of a sudden overtaken him. No one knows at which moment death will strike. One is unaware whether one will live to see the next day or even the next hour. I took a great lesson from the death of my neighbour. He was a pious man who was ba’yat to my respected uncle Moulana Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaihi). (Malfoozaate Hazrat Shaikh 1/134)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...