IslamicTeachings.org

I Love you for the sake of Allah

ummtaalib

Love for the sake of Allah

love for the ake of Allah hadith.jpg

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

"Allah Almighty will say on the Day of Rising, 'Where are those who loved one another for the sake of My majesty? Today, on the day when there is no shade but My shade, I will shade them.'" [Muslim]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

"A man visited a brother of his in another village and Allah positioned an angel to wait for him on his way." He mentioned the hadith to his words, "Allah loves you just as you love him for His sake." [Muslim]

Mu'adh said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, says, "Those who love one another for My majesty will have minbars of lights. The Prophets and martyrs will envy them."'" [at-Tirmidhi]

Hadith Collection from Sunnipath

I Love you for the sake of Allah

love for Allah uhibbuk.jpg

Abu Karima al-Miqdad ibn Ma'dikarib reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

"If a man loves his brother, he should tell him that he loves him." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man was with the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) when another man passed by and the former said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love this man (for Allah's sake)". Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) asked, "Have you informed him?'' He said, "No". Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) then said, "Tell him (that you love him)". So he went up to the man and said to him, "I love you for the sake of Allah;'' and the other replied, "May Allah, for Whose sake you love me, love you.''
[Abu Dawud].

".........Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) asked, "Have you informed him?'' He said, "No".

Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) then said, "Tell him (that you love him)".

love for Allah - we are only given today.jpg

Tell the person you love that you love them!

love for the sake of Allah uhibbuk caligraohy.jpg

love for Allah uhibbuk5.jpg

loveforsakeofallah.jpg

love for Allah green.jpg

love you for the sake of Allah.jpg        love-you- for the sake of Allah red heart.jpg

love for Allah inni uhibbuk.png       love for Allah uhibbuk 3.png

love for Allah uhibbuk4.jpg

love for Allah uhibbuk.2.jpg

• 7 months later...

Abu Idris Al-Khaulani (May Allah had mercy upon him) reported:

I once entered the Masjid in Damascus. I happened to catch sight of a young man who had bright teeth (i.e., he was always seen smiling). A number of people had gathered around him. When they differed over anything they would refer it to him and act upon his advice. I asked who he was and I was told that he was Mu`adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him)

The next day I hastened to the Masjid, but found that he had arrived before me and was busy in performing Salah. I waited until he finished, and then went to him from the front, greeted him with Salam and said to him, "By Allah I love you.'' He asked, "For the sake of Allah?'' I replied, "Yes, for the sake of Allah". He again asked me, "Is it for Allah's sake?'' I replied, "Yes, it is for Allah's sake.'' Then he took hold of my cloak, drew me to himself and said, "Rejoice! I heard the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alyhi Wa Sallam) saying, `Allah, the Exalted, says: My love is due to those who love one another for My sake, meet one another for My sake, visit one another for My sake and spend in charity for My sake". [Malik]

• 1 year later...

How To Respond When Someone Says: “I Love You For The Sake Of Allah”

<QUESTION>

How do you respond when someone says to you that they love you for the sake of Allah (uhibbuka fi-Allah)?

<ANSWER>

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

The great Hadith scholar and jurist of this Umma, Imam Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) has dedicated a whole chapter to the topic of loving others for the sake of Allah in his work Riyadh al-Salihin titled: “The virtues of loving for the sake of Allah and its encouragement, and a man who loves another, informing him that he loves him, and what to say to him when he informs him.” The Imam then quotes numerous Qur’anic verses and Hadiths regarding the virtues of loving others for the sake of Allah, its benefits and rewards, and some etiquette.

In summary, there are three issues here: 1) Virtues and benefits of loving for the sake of Allah, 2) Informing the person one loves that one loves them for the sake of Allah, and 3) How to respond when informed of this love?

1) Virtues and benefits of loving for the sake of Allah

Sayyiduna Anas (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Anyone who possesses three attributes will experience the sweetness of faith (iman): that he loves Allah and His Messenger more than anything else; that he loves someone for the sake of Allah alone; and that he hates the idea of reverting to disbelief, after Allah has released him from it, as much as he would hate being thrown into fire.” (Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Loving for the sake of Allah means one loves an individual simply because of the connection he holds with Allah; either because he worships Allah and is doing something to further the deen of Allah, or, even more praiseworthy, merely because he is from the creation of Allah. There is no worldly motive behind this love such as a favour done by him, and is not subject to any fluctuation. As such, it is not increased by the character and kindness of the one loved and not decreased by his shortcomings. (Ibn Allan, Dalil al-Falihin 2/240)

2) Informing the person that one loves them for the sake of Allah

Abu Karima al-Miqdad ibn Ma’dikarib (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “When a man loves his brother, he should inform him that he loves him.” (Sunan Abi Dawud no: 5124 and Sunan Tirmidhi no: 2393)

As such, it is a Prophetic recommendation to inform the person one loves for the Sake of Allah of this love, since this will increase their mutual love and strengthen the bond of brotherhood. It is also good to disclose that this love is for Allah’s sake alone, and not because of any worldly gain or motive.

3) How to respond when being informed of this love?

Sayyiduna Anas (Allah be pleased with him) relates that a man was sitting in the company of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) and another man passed by him. He said, “O Messenger of Allah, I love this man.” The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said to him, “Have you informed him?” He said, “No.” He said, “Inform him,” so he caught up with him and said, “I love you for the sake of Allah.” He said, “May the One for whom you love me [Allah] love you.” (Sunan Abi Dawud 1522)

In light of this practice of the Companion (Allah be pleased with him), if one is informed by someone that they love one for the sake of Allah (uhibbuka fi-Allah), one should respond by saying, “ahabbakalladhi ahbabtani lahu,” meaning may Allah Most high, for the sake of Whom you have love for me, love you. It is a way of reciprocating them for their love and making Dua for them, Insha Allah.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam

Darul Iftaa

Leicester , UK