IslamicTeachings.org

Jinn & Black Magic (Prescriptions & Advices)

Sihr and Jinn Obsession

Bismihi Ta'ala

There are many, many people – especially women – who have the suspicion that someone has done some witchcraft on them, on their children and husbands, or that they are being troubled by some Jinn.

…There is no doubt that some people may genuinely be afflicted with Sihr or Jinn, who may require some treatment. However, the opinion, assumption and diagnosis that every ailment, difficulty or problem stems from sihr and jinn has become a fixation and an obsession for so many.

The solution that many people then resort to is visiting the many Aamils[1] who frequent our shores. Whilst there are some very sincere and pious Aamils, the majority are into it as a business and trade. 

And it’s big business. Bringing in big money. And it has also become an undercover trade – where women are exploited and in some cases, sexually abused.

How many write and phone, wanting some guidance or help, or they want to verify.

…One person said that an Aamil told him that he was possessed by 6 Jinn and to catch and tie them all up, will cost him R6000 a jinn. When he asked my opinion, I told him in humour: ‘Six jinns in you would have had you dancing. But you are very calm and relaxed. Tell the Aamil that he must first catch and tie them up, thereafter show them all to you, before payment.’ – I then told him that it is nothing but a con.

It is one big fiasco, with thousands being swindled from naïve and gullible Muslims.

One brother e-mailed, saying that he moved into a new home, and an Aamil told him that his new house needs to be ‘cleaned’ – and it will cost R1000. He wanted to know what he should do ….

One husband related that his wife visited some Aamil. She was put into some trance and was told to remove her clothes … and such, such happenings that leave you totally stunned.

How can husbands allow their women to just visit anyone – and be alone with a man – whom they barely know?

Trust is a lost entity.

And to think that despite all the warnings, people still go back – and they hop from one Aamil to another, to another – and what could have just been a small problem – becomes a traumatising experience. We make mountains out of molehills and then our lives are consumed with visits to Aamils, treatments, taweez[2] and other amaliyat (incantations). …Sometimes the problem is not even solved.

This is what happens when we cannot appreciate the simple solutions and prescriptions of Shariah. We are told that if we suspect anything like sihr (witchcraft) or jinn, then Ayatul Kursi[3] and the 3 Quls suffice from all harm and mischief.

But it seems we have more trust and confidence in Aamils than in Allah Ta’ala! ( Nauzu Billah) 

Moreover, most of the time, there are many lies spoken and the person is led to even believe that his mother or sister or someone close is doing some kind of witchcraft. There is mistrust and suspicion which is unwarranted and sinful. And this leads to enmity and even severance of family ties.[4]

These weaknesses demand attention and correction because they result in many grave sins. 

Allah Ta’ala has explicitly instructed:

“O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion;  for some suspicion is a sin.”

[surah Hujurat 49.12]

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said, "Avoid suspicion, indeed expressing suspicions is the worst lie."[5]

[1] Aamils : Those who treat people afflicted by witchcraft/ influence of jinn
[2] Taweez : amulet
[3] Ayatul KursiAn ayat of protection. Surah 2 : 225
[4] Listen to the talk : “Clearing the misunderstandings about Sihr and Black magic, Taweez and Istikhara”. Download and listen from website: http://YunusPatel.co.za
[5] Sahih Bukhari
  • Like 1

Cure From Black Magic, Jinn & Illness

By Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullah

15.jpg

In recent times, people distressed with ailments - internal and external - have resorted to people who cure through ta'weez and, in some cases, through the agency of jinn (or mu'akkal as some call it). I do not intend to go into the depth of the evils that lie within this institution, but would sincerely request readers to take note of the following points with a fair mind and without being biased so that we may be saved from the deceit of Shaytan which is hidden in the form of pious saintly people who claim to have supernatural powers to cure illnesses and solve problems.

1. Illnesses, problems, calamities, quarrels are natural for humans, and one should look for remedy and solution through lawful means. One should not, without any endeavour, assume the problem or illness to be through black magic or an outside effect. Refer to the doctors and have it treated.

2. If one is suffering from anxiety and depression, and cannot find peace of mind, then he/she should check his/her life and see where the Commands of Allah and His Rasool sallallahu alayhi wasallam are being violated. Come nearer to Allah through His Remembrance, for that is where the contentment of heart and peace of mind lies. In the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction. (Al Qur’aan 13:28)

3. The knowledge of the unseen is an Attribute of Allah the Almighty Only. None in the heavens and on earth knows the unseen except Allah. Many of these "so called" healers claim to know many things of the unseen, and to believe such people could lead one to kufr. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "One who resorts to an arraf (fortune-teller) and asks him about anything, Salaah will not be accepted from him for forty days." (Muslim) Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has also said, "One who resorts to a kahin (soothsayer/claimant to the knowledge of the unseen) and believes him in what he says, has rejected that which has been sent down to Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam."

4. Those who violate the law of Allah cannot be pious. A Walee (Friend) of Allah is one who abstains from disobedience to Allah. Those who touch women, who treat women without any veil or partition, who sit with women in solitude i.e. without a male mahram, how can they possibly be the Friends of Allah. Do not be deceived, friends.

5. In case of doubt, contact your local ulama or those who have been known to you for years for their taqwa, piety and reliability. insha'allah, their guidance will save you from going into the wrong hands.

NOW TO SAFEGUARD YOURSELF FROM BLACK-MAGIC

Allah ta'ala, through his Infinite Mercy, has taught His Servants such du'a and recitation which does not only cure, but saves them from the evil effects of black-magic, jinn, etc.:

1. After completing fardh Salat, recite the masnoon waza’if and thereafter ayatul kursi.

Note: Ayatul kursi is a verse from Soorah Baqarah starting Allahu laa'ilaaha illaa huwal... (Al Qur’aan 2:255)

2. Before going to Sleep, read Ayatul kursi. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "Whoever recites Ayatul kursi at night, a protector (angel) from Allah continually safeguards him and Shaytaan will not come near him until morning."(Bukhari)

3. Read Soorah lkhlas, Soorah Falaq and Soorah Nas after every fardh Salaat. (Read them thrice after the Fair and Maghrib Salat).

4. Before going to sleep, read the last two verses of Soorah Baqarah. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "Whoever recites the last two verses of Soorah Al Baqarah at night, they will be sufficient for him. " (They will save him from Shaytaan and other misfortunes). (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, Aboo Dawood, Nasaee, Ibne Majah)

5. Read the following du’a in abundance:

A'oozu bikalimaatil'laahit taam'maati min shar'ri maa khalaq

Translation: I seek refuge in all the Perfect Words Of Allah from the mischief of His Creations. (Muslim, Tirmizi, Ibne Majah)

6. Read the following du'a at the beginning of the day and night:

Bismil'laahil lazi laa yadhur'ru ma'a ismihi shay'un fil ardhi walaa fis samaa'i wahuwas samee'ul 'aleem

Translation: In the Name of Allah with Whose Name nothing can cause harm in the earth and the heaven. And He is All Hearing, All Knowing. (Aboo Dawood, Tirmizi, Ibne Maiah, Hakim)

The above mentioned prayers will, insha'allah, prevent the evil effects of black-magic and other outside effects. These are measures derived directly from the teaching of the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam and, if recited regularly, with sincerity, yaqeen and Trust in Allah, then one will never complain of evil-effects.

REMEDY FOR ILLNESSES

Regular recitation of the above mentioned is also effective in removing evil effects. Along with these azkar, turn to Allah, repent sincerely and beseech Him. After all, it is He Only that brings cure to every illness and solution to every problem. The following du'a are also effective for cure:

Allaahumma rabban naas, azhibil ba's, ishfi antas shaafi, laa shifaa’a illaa shifaa’uk, shifaa’an laa yughaadiru suqman

Translation: 0 Allah 0 the Lord Of the people! Remove the pain. Grant cure, You are the Curer. There is no cure except Your Cure. Grant such a cure that leaves no sickness. (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, ibne Majah)

Bismillaahi arqeeka, min kulli shay'in yu'zeeka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw 'aynin haasidin, allaahu yashfeeka, bismillaahi arqeeka.

Translation:In The Name of Allah I make damm (blow) upon you from everything which harms you and from the evil ofevery person or jealous eye. May Allah grant you cure. In The Name of Allah I make damm (blow) on you. (Muslim, Ibne Majah)

Once again, remember that those people who violate the laws of Allah, cannot be saintly persons. Seek guidance from ulama who are known to you. Insha’allah, you will not go wrong. May Allah safeguard all Muslims from calamities; may He safeguard their Deen; may He give them the correct understanding of Deen; may He keep them away from every action which is contrary to the teachings of Islam and which brings the Displeasure of Allah. Ameen.

Islamic Da'wah Academy

The reality of Jadu/Sihr (blackmagic) and Jinn in Islām

Question:

What does sharia says about jadu (black magic) and Jinnat, whereby it is prevailing in our society and families are really in deep troubles and strongly trying to follow Taweez from maulanas coming from more specially India/Pakistan etc. They ask us to open a page from Qur’aan shareef, that he will translate and will say something about our problems. Recently a wife was told few very bad things happening to her in the presence of a husband and on hearing all sort of things, a husband was grossly unhappy and they both had hot tempered arguments.

Now I am requesting for more knowledge and guidance over this matter.

Secondly is it permissible to engage such treatment of taawiz for some body in the family without his/her permission and knowledge.

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

The presence of Jādū/Sihr (black magic) and Jinn is undoubtedly common in the world. It cannot be entirely negated and overlooked because the Qur’ān and Ahādīth also to allude to the different aspects regarding this. Further, the precautionary measures to be adopted against the evils of these aspects and the cure for those who have been afflicted have also been mentioned in the Qur’ān and Ahādīth.

As far as Sihr (black magic) is concerned, Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam was also afflicted by this. A Jew by the name of Labīd Ibn A’sam carried out black magic on him by tying eleven knots in a few strands of his sacred hair and placing it under a rock in an unused well. This affected Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam in such a way that it created uncertainty in his mind as to whether he had done a certain action or not. Allāh informed him through revelation of this Sihr (black magic).

As far as the Jinn are concerned, they are one of the Divine creations of Allāh. They, like human beings, have a physical form, intellect and senses, but are hidden from the human eye. The existence of Jinn is established by conclusive and incontestable evidence in the Qur’ān and Sunnah.

Allāh says in the Qur’ān:

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ.  وَالْجَانَّ خَلَقْنَاهُ مِنْ قَبْلُ مِنْ نَارِ السَّمُومِ

“And certainly We have created mankind from sounding clay made of decayed mud. As for Jinn, We had created them earlier from the fire of the scorching wind.”

The creation of Jinn was well before that of humankind and they had wreaked havoc in the earth right from the beginning. Allāh alludes to this in the Qur’ān:

وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً قَالُوا أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَنْ يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ الدِّمَاءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ

“Remember when your lord said to the angels, ‘I am going to create a deputy on the earth.’ They said, ‘Will You create there one who will spread disorder on the earth and cause bloodshed, while we proclaim Your purity along with your praise, and sanctify your name?’”

This was after the angels had witnessed the mischief of the Jinn on earth. However, just as humans, Allāh has created Jinn for his obedience and subservience. Allāh says:

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُون ِ

“And I have not created Jinn and human beings except that they worship me.”

However, as is the case with humankind, there are those that are obedient to Allāh and those that are disobedient. It is these disobedient ones that cause mischief in on earth. They have the potential of harming humans. However, one should not be fearful of Jinn. It is the fear that people have of them that gives them the courage to cause mischief and harm. The people of Arabia would live in great fear of these Jinn before the advent of Islām. It was customary in the days of ignorance that when people halted in a jungle or valley in the course of a journey, they uttered the following words, believing that the leader of the valley (a Jinn) would protect them:

“I seek refuge in the leader of this valley from the foolish mischief-makers of his nation.”

Allāh discusses this in the Qur’ān:

وَأَنَّهُ كَانَ رِجَالٌ مِنَ الْإِنْسِ يَعُوذُونَ بِرِجَالٍ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَزَادُوهُمْ رَهَقًا

“And some individuals of the humans would seek refuge in some individuals of the Jinn, and thus they (humans) increased their (Jinn’s) mischief.”

Islām distances itself from such a level of fear and belief in the Jinn that they are superior to humans and humans should remain fearful of them. The mischief and evils of Jinn cannot be negated. However, it is inappropriate to attribute every unusual occurrence, illness and difficulty to the Jinn.

Sihr (black magic) and the Jinn are most definitely effective. However, it should be noted that every illness, discomfort and calamity cannot attributed on Sihr (black magic) as is the common practice of people nowadays. It should be born in mind that whilst Sihr (black magic) is effective in nature, it is not as common as people consider it to be. Often people afflicted with medical issues tend to turn towards an Aamil, totally neglecting the medical aspect. It is incumbent that one exhausts all medical treatment before turning towards ascertaining whether it is the effect of Sihr (black magic) or not.

Furthermore, the practice of curing people of the effects of Sihr (blackmagic) has become a commercial practice and many incompetent Aamils have taken up the practice. Hence, one should be wary of the legitimacy of the Aamils as they tend to untruthfully diagnose people with having effects of Sihr (black magic), in the process accusing others of having carried out the Sihr (black magic). This often causes animosity and disputes amongst close families.

In curing oneself, one is not bound to engage an Aamil to do so. Shari’ah has educated us on a number of practices that one may adopt on his own in trying to alleviate Sihr (black magic). The following are methods that one may adopt:

1.      Recitation of Surah Falaq and Surah Nās, blowing on the hands and thereafter rubbing them on oneself. Nabi Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam would do this during illness and before retiring to bed.

These Surahs were revealed as a cure after the Jew, Labīd Ibn A’sam, had bewitched Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam.

Hadhrat Ā’isha Radhi Allāhu ‘Anhā narrates that whenever the Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam would become ill, he would recite the Mu’awwizat (Surah al-Falaq and Surah an-Nas) and blow over himself. When his illness was aggravated, I used to recite these two Surahs (and blow my breath) over him and make him rub his body with his own hand, for its blessings.”

2.      Recitation of the first three verses of Surah Mu’min/Ghafir and Āyat-ul-Kursī every morning and evening.

3.      The reading of the Manzil (by Hadhrat Maulānā Muhammad Zakariyyā Kandhalwī)has proven to be extremely effective for protection against the evil influence of Jinn, Sihr (black magic), and other evils. It contains only verses of the Qur’an.

Allāh Ta’ala says in the Qur’ān:

وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَّرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِيْنَ.

“And We have revealed in the Qur’ān that which is a cure and mercy for the believers.”

5.      Recitation of the following du’ās prescribed in the Ahādīth:

·        Read three times every morning and evening:

بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ الَّذِيْ لاَ يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَيْءٌ فِي الأَرْضِ وَلا فِي السَّماءِ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ العَلِيْم

Transliteration: “Bismillahi-lladhi La Yadhurru Ma’asmihi Shay’un Fil Ardhi Wa La Fis-Samaa’i Wa Huwas-Samee’-ul-‘Aleem.”

Translation: “In the name of Allāh with virtue of whose name nothing in the earth nor the skies can harm. He is the ever-hearing and most knowledgeable.”

·        Read every morning and evening:

أَعُوْذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التاَّمَّاتِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ

Transliteration: “A’uudhu Bikalimaatillahi-ttammaati Min Sharri Mā Khalaq.”

Translation: “I seek protection of Allāh’s perfect words from every evil that He has created.”

6.      The eating of Ajwah dates has also been prescribed in the Hadīth. Rasulullāh Sallallāhu Alayhi Wa Sallam said, “One who eats seven ‘Ajwah dates in the morning shall not be harmed that day by any poison or Sihr (magic).”

7.      The famous Tabi’ī, Ka’b al-Ahbār Radhi Allāhu ‘Anhu mentions, “Had it not been for a few phrases that I recite (regularly), the Jews would have turned me into a donkey (through black magic). He was asked, “What are these phrases?” He replied:

أَعُوذُ بِوَجْهِ اللهِ الْعَظِيمِ. الَّذِي لَيْسَ شَيْءٌ أَعْظَمَ مِنْهُ. وَبِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ الَّتِي لاَ يُجَاوِزُهُنَّ بَرٌّ وَلاَ فَاجِرٌ. وَبِأَسْمَاءِ اللهِ الْحُسْنَى كُلِّهَا. مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهَا وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمُ. مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ وَبَرَأَ وَذَرَأَ.

Transliteration: “A’uuzu bi wajhillāh al-Adhīm alladhi laysa shay’un a’dhamu minhu wa bi kalimatillāh at-tammaati allati la yujawizuhunna barrun wa la faajir wa bi asmaa-illāh al-husnaa kullihaa ma alimtu minha wa ma lam a’lam min sharri ma khalaqa wa bara’a wa dhara’a.”

Translation: “I seek the protection of Allāh the Great; He, than whom there is nothing greater. And I seek the protection of the perfect words of Allāh which no man, virtuous or evil, can even transcend; and I seek the protection of all the beautiful names of Allāh, those of them which I know and those which I do not know, from the evil of everything He (Allāh) created, to which He has given existence, and which He has spread (over the earth).”

8.      The wearing of a Ta’weez (amulet) that contains Āyāt of the Qur’ān or the names of Allāh or a du’ā mentioned in the Hadīth. However, the Āyāt of the Qur’ān and those du’ās that are mentioned in the Ahādith are more effective and beneficial than the wearing of a Ta’weez.

Whilst at times it may be necessary to employ the services of a Aamil, it should be ascertained that he is reliable, competent and he abides to Shari’ah in his practice of curing people. In such times of moral corruption, there are many Aamils who are unconcerned of maintaining Shar’ī practices in their work.

Shari’ah has given permission of engaging in treatment through Ruqyah – which is one of the most common ways Aamils adopt in curing the afflicted. Ruqyah refers to the recitation of verses or words followed by blowing on a person. Ruqyah is permissible with the following conditions:

·        No such words are recited which constitute Kufr or witchcraft.

·        It is in a language that is generally understood by the people. It is preferable to recite in Arabic, specifically verses of the Qur’ān, du’ās from the Ahādīth and the attributes of Allāh.

·        One has faith that the Ruqyah in itself is not effective but Allāh has placed the effect of curing in it.

As far as engaging in the treatment of a family member without his consent is concerned, it is not advisable to do so as it may lead to unwanted problems and quarrels in the family. The concerned family member should be advised, firstly, to undergo medical treatment and if that fails, then he/she should be advised to try any of the abovementioned methods of treatment.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Nabeel Valli

Student Darul Iftaa

Lusaka, Zambia

Checked and Approved by,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

www.daruliftaa.net

-

• 9 months later...

Practicing black magic

Q: I want to know about black magic. Is it permissible to practise it for a good purpose?

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmuftionline.co.za%

A: Practising black magic is prohibited and haraam in Islam. There are severe warnings sounded in the Mubaarak Ahaadith for the person who gets involved in this grave sin. In many cases, the intention for doing the black magic is haraam and the action is also haraam as it involves oppression and transgression e.g. one wishes to marry a certain woman against her wishes or one wishes to extort wealth from a person. In these cases, the intention is to oppress the person and make him do things against his wishes.

Practising black magic, at times, can cause one to lose one's imaan, as in certain cases, one is required to carry out actions of shirk and kufr. Even if the black magic does not entail actions of shirk and kufr, then most of the time, the wordings or practices adopted to make the black magic effective are haraam. Hence, in this case, though one will not be committing shirk and kufr, one will certainly be involving himself in haraam. Therefore, the Hadith has prohibited black magic and regarded it as one of the major sins in Islam.

Hazrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said,

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: اجتنبوا السبع الموبقات، قالوا: يا رسول الله وما هن، قال: الشرك بالله، والسحر، وقتل النفس التي حرم الله إلا بالحق، وأكل الربا، وأكل مال اليتيم، والتولي يوم الزحف، وقذف المحصنات المؤمنات الغافلات.(صحيح البخاري الرقم 2766)

“Refrain  from seven destructive sins” The Sahaabah (radhiyallahu ‘anhum) asked, “O Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam), what are the seven destructive sins?” Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) replied, “Ascribing partners with Allah Ta‘ala, practicing black magic, murdering an (innocent) soul which Allah  Ta‘ala  has forbidden (you to kill) except with a right, consuming usury, usurping the wealth of an orphan, fleeing from the battle field and making false accusations of Zina against innocent, chaste, believing women.” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari #2766)

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

• Like 1