IslamicTeachings.org

Durood is a source of mercy for both the living and the dead

In Raudhul Faa’ik the following story is related. there was once a woman who had a very evil son. In spite of the fact that she admonished him on numerous occasions, he paid no attention to her advice and never heeded her warnings. In this state without repenting for his evil, he passed away. His mother felt great sorrow and suffered much grief that he died without having repented. She therefore had a great wish to be able to see him in a dream. When she did see him in a dream, she was even more distressed to see him suffering great punishment.

After some time, it so happened that she had seen him in a dream again. However, on this occasion she had seen him in great ease and comfort and extremely happy. She asked him the reason for the change in his condition. He replied: “A great sinner passed our graveyard. When he saw our graves he was greatly affected and took heed that he should change his life and become obedient to Allah Ta’ala before it is too late. He started to cry bitterly over his past sins and from a sincere heart, repented for his deeds. He then recited some verses of the Quran Majeed and twenty times recited durood on Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and conveyed the rewards thereof to the inmates of the graves. I was one of the recipients and the portion that came to me had such an effect that it lifted me from my previous condition to what you now see. O mother, durood on Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is the light of the hearts, a means of forgiveness of sins, and a source of mercy for both the living and the dead. (Fazaail Durood)

يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلِّم دَائِمًا أَبَدًا عَلَى حَبِيبِكَ خَيرِ الخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمِ

• Like 1