IslamicTeachings.org

Duaa after drinking milk

milk.jpg

One should recite the following Duaa after drinking milk.

اَلّلهُمَّ بَارِك لَنَا فِيهِ وَزِدْنَا مِنهُ

O Allah grant us barkat and increase in this milk.

عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما قال : دخلت مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم أنا و خالد بن الوليد على ميمونة فجاءتنا بإناء فيه لبن فشرب رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم وأنا على يمينه و خالد على شماله فقال لي الشربة لك فإن شئت آثرت بها خالدا فقلت ما كنت أوثر على سؤرك أحدا ثم قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم من أطعمه الله الطعام فليقل اللهم بارك لنا فيه وأطعمنا خيرا منه ومن سقاه الله لبنا فليقل اللهم بارك لنا فيه وزدنا منه وقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم ليس شيء يجزي مكان الطعام والشراب غير اللبن (ترمذي رقم 3455)

Hadhrat ibn Abbaas (Radhiallahu Anhuma) reports: “On one occasion Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), Hadhrat Khaalid bin Waleed (Radhiallahu Anhu) and I went to the house of Hadhrat Maymoonah (Radhiallahu Anha). She offered us some milk. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) drank, while I was seated on his right and Hadhrat Khaalid (Radhiallahu Anhu) was seated on his left. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) addressed me saying: “(Since you are seated on the right) you have the right to drink first, however if you wish, you may give Hadhrat Khaalid preference to drink first (since he is elder).” I replied: “I will not give preference to anyone over myself in regard to your mubaarak drink that is leftover (i.e. I wish to take the maximum barkat from it before anyone else).” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) then said: “Whoever is blessed with food from the side of Allah Ta’ala, then he should recite the following duaa:

اَللَّهُمَّ بَارِك لَنَا فِيهِ وَأَطْعِمْنَا خَيرًا مِنه

O Allah, give us barkat in this food and bless us with something better.

And whoever is given milk to drink, then he should recite the following duaa:

اَلّلهُمَّ بَارِك لَنَا فِيهِ وَزِدْنَا مِنهُ

O Allah grant us barkat and increase in this milk.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) then said: “There is nothing that can be a substitute for both food and drink besides milk.”

Ihyaaud Deen

• Like 1