IslamicTeachings.org

"Beautify your gatherings by reciting durood upon me"

Beautify your Gatherings

عن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم زينوا مجالسكم بالصلاة علي فان صلاتكم علي نور لكم يوم القيامة.رواه الديلمي (القول البديع ص 278)

Hadhrat ibn Umar (Radhiallahu Anhuma) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Beautify your gatherings by reciting durood upon me. Verily your durood upon me will be a source of light for you on the day of Qiyaamah.

Glad Tidings for Durood Recited

Muhammad bin Maalik (Rahmatullahi Alaihi) says: “I travelled to Baghdad in order to study under Qaari Abu Bakr bin Mujaahid (Rahmatullahi Alayh). While we were seated in a circle around him and reciting, an old man entered with a very old turban on his head, wearing an old tattered shirt and a very old shawl over his shoulders. When Abu Bakr (Rahmatullahi Alaihi) saw him enter, he stood up in honour and respect. He rose from his seat, seated the old man in his place and enquired about his health and the welfare of his family.

The old man replied: “Last night a son was born to me, and my wife asked me for butter and honey.” After hearing what hard times the old man was passing through in poverty, the Shaikh became very sad and in this state his eyes closed and he saw Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) in a dream. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: “O Abu Bakr, why this sadness and sorrow? Go to the wazeer, Ali bin Isa (Rahmatullahi Alayhi) and convey to him my salaams, and indicate to him that you are a man who never sleeps on Friday nights until you have recited one thousand duroods, but this Friday you only recited seven hundred durood because the messenger of the king interrupted your recitation as he came to call you to the king’s presence. You went there and upon returning, you completed the rest of your durood. Having told him that, tell him to give a hundred gold dinaars to the father of the newly born child for his necessities.

Qaari Abu Bakr bin Mujaahid (Rahmatullahi Alayh) rose immediately and took the old man with him to the wazeer. Arriving there, he said, ‘Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has sent this old man to you.’ When the wazeer heard this, he arose from his seat and made the old man sit there.  Qaari Abu Bakr bin Mujaahid (Rahmatullahi Alayh) then related to him the entire incident. The wazeer became extremely happy and full of joy. He commanded his slave to bring the money bag and he handed over from there one hundred dinaars to the old man. He took another hundred dinaars to give Qaari Abu Bakr bin Mujaahid (Rahmatullahi Alayh) but he refused to accept it. The wazeer insisted saying, “Do take it because of the glad tidings that you have brought me. This was a practice between Allah Ta’ala and myself about which you have brought me good news. No one else knew about it. Here, take another hundred. This is for the good news you have brought me. You have made me happy to know that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is aware of my durood recited upon him. Take another hundred for the trouble you underwent to come here.” In this manner he took out one hundred after another till an entire thousand had been given. However Qaari Abu Bakr Mujaahid (Rahmatullahi Alayh) refused to take any of it saying, “Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) commanded us to take only one hundred dinaars, we shall not take anything more than that.”

Ihyaaud Deen

يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلِّم دَائِمًا أَبَدًا عَلَى حَبِيبِكَ خَيرِ الخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمِ