IslamicTeachings.org

Consultation With Members

Assalaamu 'alaykum Warahmatullah

Jazaakumullaahu khayran to our new members who have been adding valuable content in the various categories. Your reward is with Allah subhaanahu wata'ala! May He grant acceptance to all of us and make our efforts a means of attaining His pleasure, aameen!

Ok my brothers and sisters, mashwarah (Consultation) time.

The reason for this consultation is that it would be wonderful if you can all be a part of this forum inshaAllah by helping to make it better. So lets start in the name of Allah and see what we can come up with.  

What additions would you like to see?

What needs to be changed for the better?

I was thinking of changing the title of the category "Matters of the heart"...to what? any suggestions?

any new ideas?

InshaAlllah hoping to see replies....

• Like 2

Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu dear sister:

Wa iyyaki dear sister. No amount of work (at least on my part) can match the hard work and dedication you and others have put here masha'Allah. JazakAllah khayran for all you do and especially you - for being such a caring and gentle guide masha'Allah, alhamdulillah.

About the 'matters of the heart' category. Why do you feel the need to change it? To make it more relevant easier to find? How about Purification of the Heart - nothing 'unique' but tried, tested and true and quite relevant insha'Allah.

I think I will have to spend some time looking at the forum with a critical eye to see if there is anything that might make it better than it already is masha'Allah. Otherwise, I must say I find it quite good... especially love the search!

Insha'Allah others with more experience will contribute as well.

Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Masha Allah the forum part is great and seriously you people are making it better every day. may Allah accept your efforts

But i have one request, if its possible can you add dedicated section for "recent posts" as we have in MS, below or above recent topic section.

more requests coming soon;-)

Jazaakumullah for your valued responses...and all good is from Allah subhaanahu wata'ala. I look at doing my bit on this forum as a very special blessing from Him. I ask for acceptance through His grace.

@Acacia: yes pls look with critical eye then get back...about the name change, just been feeling the need to make it more appealing and also so that members know whats its about. I feel that section is quite relevant to our lives

@Naqshband: Not sure what you mean by "add dedicated section for "recent posts" as we have in MS" ...do you mean like the replies on previously posted topics? If so will ask brother arshad to look into it

please continue to look around and make suggestions...constructive criticism will be inshaAllah valued

:bismillah:

:assalam:  

I love the colours, I love the layout, I love how user-friendly it is (easy to navigate), I love the categories, I love how easy it is to locate Arabic phrases (smileys)... masha'Allah, all around a great forum! I honestly can't think of much but pushed the pea a bit and came up with the following suggestions that you may or may not find useful:

• Is it possible to have the calendar also show the Hijri month and year?
  • Under Forum Help: consider re-naming the New-Muslim? sub-section to New or newly practicing Muslim?
  • Under General Library: include sub-sections on: (1) youth issues, (2) Islamic finances, and (3) birth and death (related resources)
  • Under Islamic Library: include a sub-section for Islamic (halaal) videos

:jazak: to all the brothers and sisters involved with this beneficial resource.

• Like 1

:wasalam:

Sister Acacia, Jazaakillah for the time you have taken and for the very very useful suggestions...and aameeen! May Allah ta'ala may us all a part of the service of His Deen.

Definitely will discuss everything in shura...as for halalified videos, I've already suggested it however I think brother arshad explained some technical stuff which is over my head

I love your input : )

• Like 1

:bismillah:

:assalam:  

I love the colours, I love the layout, I love how user-friendly it is (easy to navigate), I love the categories, I love how easy it is to locate Arabic phrases (smileys)... masha'Allah, all around a great forum! I honestly can't think of much but pushed the pea a bit and came up with the following suggestions that you may or may not find useful:

• Is it possible to have the calendar also show the Hijri month and year?
  • Under Forum Help: consider re-naming the New-Muslim? sub-section to New or newly practicing Muslim?
  • Under General Library: include sub-sections on: (1) youth issues, (2) Islamic finances, and (3) birth and death (related resources)
  • Under Islamic Library: include a sub-section for Islamic (halaal) videos

:jazak: to all the brothers and sisters involved with this beneficial resource.

Walaikum Assalam,

JazakAllah for liking this forum and for posting suggestions. We are planing to upgrade looks and other areas of forum so InshAllah you will see the changes soon.

1) Sorry we dont have any such functionality as Islamic Calender for now. I am planning to create a separate website specifically for this feature so InshAllah you will hear some good news in future.

2 & 3 ) I have discussed your suggestion with Sis Ummitaalib so lets see what happens.

4) By halaal video do you mean video without any picture of human etc? I did had a discussion with our admins here and I suggested them to use any online service to convert video to audio (mp3) and than upload that content on the forum.

JazakAllah khayran. Yes, that is what I meant by halaal video. Also, for those videos that have images, perhaps the option to be able to play the audio (not show the video). Another site does this quite well, perhaps they could help guide your team in this regard. 

Wa'assalaam

4) By halaal video do you mean video without any picture of human etc? I did had a discussion with our admins here and I suggested them to use any online service to convert video to audio (mp3) and than upload that content on the forum.

Now I remember the discussion...problem was (as usual) I could not do it  ) :

this was the online convertor I tried:

http://www.ixconverter.net/index.php

someone suggested this but it didn't work for me either:

http://www.loudtronix.me/

Is it possible to have the calendar also show the Hijri month and year?

Under Forum Help: consider re-naming the New-Muslim? sub-section to New or newly practicing Muslim?

Under General Library: include sub-sections on: (1) youth issues, (2) Islamic finances, and (3) birth and death (related resources)

Under Islamic Library: include a sub-section for Islamic (halaal) videos

Hijri month: brother arshad has replied but just thought I'd inform you that we it was discusses and couple of widgets checked out however it was decided that it would create confusion due to various countries we live in and also for those of us who follow different countries sightings.

New-Muslim name change: this also was discussed and since topics in that section are specifically for reverts we thought we would leave the name. Newly practicing born-Muslims would have basic info which those topics contain

Sub-sections in General library: definitely needs to be done. After you suggested it I checked the topics and realised, yes, there's too many now and it will get worse as we keep adding. So now we have to work out how many sub-categories we can have as too many clutters up the page  ) : 

InshaAllah we have to start work on this

halal videos: has been discussed above

Jazaakumullah sister Acacia and Brother Naqshband! InshaAllah

Once request: if anyone finds links which do not work any more please inform us.

Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu brother Naqshband:

You can attach pictures using the little 'image' icon on the lower tool bar. You'll see roughly at the centre of the tool bar insha'Allah. With regards to pictures, we just need to be careful not to post pictures of animated objects or outlines of people etc. 

I am not sure about Youtube videos though. I will check into it insha'Allah and get back to you... or, perhaps one of the other members will beat me to it!

• Like 1

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

I need help regarding attaching images and posting youtube videos, Jazakallah in advance.

wa'alaykumus salaam ww

Sister Acacia got in before me! Shes right about the image icon on the tool bar however you need a url for that. Click on "more reply options" in the lower corner. At the bottom you'll see "Attach Files"...click on that, choose a picture from your PC and attach. Then "add to post" wherever you want it in the post.I find this easier.

Youtube videos: following is the code (I've left a space deliberately after ) - add the link between the codes.

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZySx-TMeY

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Refutations/Explanations of Misconceptions

If (InshaAllah) we were to gather some articles on refutations on the many misconceptions regarding Islam, which category do you think they should go in? There are many subjects rights? so i was thinking of a sub-category, but where and what should it be called?

Any thoughts anyone? Would really appreciate help in this and in finding such articles....i have a couple really good well written and detailed  articles in a Q/A format

• Dawah Team

:sl:

Dear mods,

Here's a suggestion:

Why not add the bbcode list for the mobile version too? Images can't be attached through mobile as there's no any such option even after clicking "more reply option" in full version.

:jazak:

• Like 1

As salamu alaikum

Here is my suggestion.

Since this topic is a complex topic. It includes Non Muslims and Muslims.Unfortunately many muslims themselves dont know about their own religion. So i think it will be benefical to create a sub folder in 'Non Muslim'.

Also i think that this topic shouldnt be only on English. It should be on other languages too.Maybe that some members would like to step in and translate your article. I personally believe that it will not only draw English speakers but people from other nationalities.

Not: sorry accidently posted the previous post. I editted it

• Like 1