IslamicTeachings.org

Hijaab Messages For Inspiration

ummtaalib

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A woman’s sexuality should be guarded from unworthy eyes, since it should be your gift to the man who loves and respects you enough to marry you. And since your men are still manly warriors, they deserve no less than your best. Our men don’t even want purity anymore. They don’t recognize the pearl of great value, opting for the flashy rhinestone instead.

Joanna Francis

Writer, Journalist – USA

• Like 2

BROTHER IN LAW IS MAUT (DEATH)

Rasulullah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam said:

Abstain from the company of strange women..

One Sahabi (RA) asked Nabi sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam regarding the brother-in-law (being in privacy with his sister-in-law, his

brother’s wife). Nabi sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam replied;

The brother-in-law is (like) Maut,(Bukhari,-Muslim)

N.B. Included with the brother-in-law are his cousins, nephews and uncles as well as other close relatives of the husband.

Like Mautmeans, just as a person flees and fears Maut, so too should he fear the privacy of such people with his wife. Allah forbid! The consequences of this can be terrible for the entire family, possibly for generations to come?

EFFECTIVE REMEDIES FOR SPITITUAL MALADIES

Arifbillah Hazrat Moulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb

• Like 1

PURDAH EVEN FROM THE BLIND

Hazrat Umme-Salma and Hazrat Maymoona (RA) were once in the presence of Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhiw asallam when a blind

Sahabi, Hazrat Abdullah bin Ummi-Maktoom (RA) came to him, upon which Rasulullah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam instructed them to

observe Purdah.

They replied: O Rasulullah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam is he not blind?(in other words, why should we make Purdah from a blind man?)

Rasulullah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam answered: Are the two of you blind?(Tirmidhi)

N.B. Thus women are not allowed to look at strange men, even though they are within the purdah themselves. Where the Qur’aan Majeed prohibits men from gazing at women, in the very next verse women are also instructed to keep their gazes low from strange men. (Refer to Surah 24, Verse 31.) It is thus unlawful for them to look at any strange man. Many women are totally ignorant of this Mas’ala. Many are there who peep and stare away at strange men from the slits of their veils (Niqaab), thinking that none is looking at them, but remember Allah  is Ever-Present, Ever-Watchful.

EFFECTIVE REMEDIES FOR SPITITUAL MALADIES

Arifbillah Hazrat Moulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Says Sara Bokker (former actress and model), after taking the shahaadah...

The next day, eager to show the world I was a Muslim, I went to a local Middle Eastern store where they sold beautiful hijabs (headscarves) and dresses appropriate for the required Muslim dress. I bought many dresses and scarves, and from that day forward, I dressed properly. Ahhhhh … free at last! I had broken the chains of fashion and physical enslavement enforced by a superficial society. Honestly, I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer felt the pressure to dress and look better than everyone else. I finally respected myself and no longer based my self-worth on the reactions and attention of others.

• 3 weeks later...

Daughter bought a brand new Iphone 6. She got a screen protector along and beautiful phone cover as well. She showed her new phone to her dad and the conversation is as follows..

Dad: this is a nice phone. How much did you pay for it?

Daughter: it's 700 dollars for the phone, 20 dollars for the phone cover, 5 dollars for the screen protector.

Dad: oh why did you get the screen protector and the phone cover, you could have saved 25 dollars.

Daughter: dad! I've spent 700 dollars on my phone whats the point if I don't spend 25 dollars for its safety? And more over this cover makes my phone look beautiful.

Dad: is it not an insult to the apple company that it did not make the phone safe enough?

Daughter: no dad! They in fact recommend us to get the screen protector and the phone cover for its safety. And I dint want it to get damaged.

Dad: does it reduce the beauty of the phone? 

Daughter: no it doesn't. It makes my phone look more beautiful.

Dad looked at his daughter and smiled lovingly. And said, my daughter you know I love you, you paid 700 dollars for a phone and you spent 25 dollars for its safety. I've paid my life on you and what is the point If you do not cover yourself with hijab for your own safety. This phone will not be questioned on aakhirah but my daughter you and me will be questioned.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

"These days, I am a proud wearer of hijab. You can call it a scarf. My scarf does not tie my hands behind my back, and it is not a tool of oppression. It doesn't prevent thoughts from entering my head and leaving my mouth."

Theresa Corbin

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dear Sister,

Don't allow the thought that 'Men don't wear a ḥijāb and hence they are somehow superior to women in Islam' or that 'Islam is somehow a misogynistic religion because it forces ḥijāb on to women alone' to ever cross your mind.

It should be sufficient for you to know that Allah Himself has taken a ḥijāb. A ḥijāb unlike any other ḥijāb A ḥijāb that veils the creation of Allah from being overwhelmed by the Beauty, the Glory, the Perfection, and the Majesty of Allah. A ḥijāb about which the Messenger ﷺ said, ❝ His ḥijāb is light! If Allah was to unveil this ḥijāb, the Divine Glory of Allah would burn everything of his creation [as the creation wouldn't be able to handle His Beauty, Perfection, Majesty, and Glory]. ❞ [Ibn Mājah]

Your ḥijāb is not a sign of your inferiority to men. It's a sign of your beauty, fulfillment, and special bond with Allah.

~Ustadh Abdul Wahab Salim