IslamicTeachings.org

Makkatul Mukarramah / Hajj Pictures & Info

ummtaalib

HAJJ 1434 - 9 DHUL HIJJAH (MONDAY 14 OCTOBER 2013)

Day of Arafah

539596_460372714039304_716101746_n.jpg

Billion hearts only 1 voice ........

" ﻟَﺒَّﻴْﻚَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﻟَﺒَّﻴْﻚَ ، ﻟَﺒَّﻴْﻚَ ﻻ‌ ﺷَﺮِﻳﻚَ ﻟَﻚَ ﻟَﺒَّﻴْﻚَ ، ﺇِﻥَّ ﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪَ ﻭَﺍﻟﻨَّﻌْﻤَﺔَ ، ﻟَﻚَ ﻭَﺍﻟْﻤُﻠْﻚَ ، ﻻ‌ ﺷَﺮِﻳﻚَ ﻟَﻚَ " 

" Labaik Allahuma labaik,labaika la sharika laka labaik, inna l'hamda wannemata laka walmulk laa sharika Lak "

• Like 1

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Eid Mubarak to you too sister, and all Muslims around the world. Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum.

~~~

I wondered: what happens to the old Kiswah?

Perhaps it has already been covered in the thread and I apologize if it has but here is the 'official' reply to the question:

The old one is cut into small pieces and give to pilgrims from different Muslim countries.

(Source: Ministry of Hajj - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)

Journey of a lifetime ends successfully

Haj Mabroor!

hajj mabroor.png

HAJ MABROOR: After arriving in Makkah from Mina on Thursday,

pilgrims circumambulate the Kaaba marking the end of Haj.

(AN photo by Khidr Al-Zahrani)

18 October 2013

The once-in-a-lifetime journey of faith, endurance and determination for hundreds of thousands of Muslims from nearly 200 countries came to a successful end on Thursday.

Relief was writ large on the faces of pilgrims, many in the autumn of their lives as was evident from the deep furrows on their brows. Here at Mina, they were the personification of sheer determination.

Many pilgrims woke up early on Thursday and straight after sunrise began throwing seven pebbles at each of the three huge concrete structures representing the devil.

Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal described this year’s Haj as an overwhelming success.

“All government institutions, security forces, volunteers, pilgrim establishments and men on the ground worked as one team to ensure the success of this year’s Haj,” he said. “You can call this a turning point,” he said, and praised Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, Crown Prince Salman and Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Naif.

“All the rituals were carried out in a calm atmosphere and free of any political demonstrations, proving that Islam is a religion of peace, civilization and progress,” he said.

Outside the press conference venue, pilgrims echoed his words.

“With God’s help and the Saudi government’s excellent arrangements, we could complete all the rituals,” said 69-year-old Athar Mohiuddin, from Pakistan’s Hyderabad. “The rituals were not really easy for me, especially because I had to push my wife in a wheelchair,” he said. “We know Haj is hardship, but now that we have done it we beseech Allah to accept it.”

Mohiuddin and his wife performed the stoning ritual at 2 p.m. on Thursday before taking the bus out of Mina. “We are now heading to Makkah to our temporary residence before heading to Pakistan next week,” he said. “We want to rest now.”

Other pilgrims, after living in spartan conditions for the past week, traveled to Jeddah to catch flights home or to Madinah. “This is a miracle,” gushed Mohammed Quraishi, from Agra, India. During Haj orientation camps in India, Quraishi was told that this year’s pilgrimage was going to be hard because of the paucity of space at the holy sites.

“We were mentally prepared,” he said. “However, everything went so smoothly, we could hardly have imagined it,” he said.

Quraishi’s acquaintance, Muhammad Farooq, nodded in affirmation. “Yes, we are very happy at having completed the Haj,” said Farooq. “We come from the city of Taj Mahal, but the real crown is here in this holy Kingdom,” he said, playing on the Urdu word “Taj” which means crown.

Zafarullah Khan Faridi from Kabul was delighted at the completion of the Haj. Flashing an infectious smile, he was more than willing to talk to Arab News about his experience. “It was a great feeling to be part of this vast multitude of pilgrims,” he said. “All the depression that I found in my home country was washed away the moment I cast my eyes on the Holy Kaaba. I don’t know what I asked of Allah. He knows what I need and what's in my heart.”

On the outskirts of Mina, bus drivers shouted, “Haram! Haram!” the Arabic name for the Grand Mosque as pilgrims piled aboard. Faridi boarded one of them. “Haj Mabrook to all,” he said waving a final goodbye.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/468085

HAJJ 1434/2013

(Pictures and articles posted by Sister Roukaya Here)

Click on pictures to enlarge

hajj 2013.jpg

According to Saudi authorities, 1,98 million pilgrims

attended the Hajj, against 3.16 million in 2012.

The pilgrims came from abroad reached 1.38 million,
against 1.75 million last year.

Final day: Hajis weary but elated
  18 October 2013

The fifth and final day of Haj on Thursday drew 2 million pilgrims from nearly 200 countries in what is regarded as one of the most successful seasons ever.

Trains ferried pilgrims to the holy sites with few problems and thousands of volunteers, including 150 Saudi women staffing the trains, made sure that Haj 2013 was trouble-free.

On the last day, pilgrims arrived at the Jamarat complex early to throw their seven pebbles each at the three concrete structures to defy Satan. Military men joined in to help the children perform their rituals.

Many pilgrims returned to their temporary quarters in Makkah and Jeddah before taking flights back to their home countries this week.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/468079

jamarat 2013.jpg

arafat 2013.jpg

HAJJ 1434/2013 STORIES

A blind pilgrim sees the light

18 October 2013

MINA — His blindness did not prevent him from seeing the light of faith in the holy sites. He said though he was born blind, he could see the Haj rituals clearly in his heart.

Abdul Moneim Naji, a Yemeni from the city of Hudaidah, was given the Haj visa as gratis by the Saudi consul in Yemen. He is performing the pilgrimage for the third time in his life.

"Allah made me blind since I was born to upgrade my level in this life and the life after and to listen to my voice," he said.

Naji said he was completely in harmony with himself, has peace of mind and is at peace with his blindness. He has four other blind siblings. Naji said after graduating from elementary school, he had joined a Qur'an memorization school where he has memorized the entire holy book by heart. "I felt the great difference in the Haj services being provided to the pilgrims this year in the accommodation, transportation and bathrooms," he said.

Naji was thankful to Allah for giving him tranquility and peace of mind in place of his eyes.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131018183890

‘Fitna’ producer finds peace in the holy sites

Arnoud Van Doorn talks to Okaz/Saudi Gazette reporter in MIna.

18 Oct 2013

MINA — A once strident anti-Islam activist who gained notoriety as the producer of Fitna, a derogatory film wrongly portraying Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), has found peace and tranquility while performing Haj this year.

Arnoud Van Doorn, a former member of the Geert Wilders racist Dutch Party for Freedom, reverted to Islam a year ago after propagating against the divine religion for years.

Van Doorn bitterly regrets having taken part in the production of the hateful film Fitna (Sedition) and said he was in the holy sites to atone for his sins.

“I found myself among these faithful hearts. I hope that my tears of regret will wash out all my sins after my repentance,” Van Doorn said.

He said, as a token of atonement, he will produce a new film that will show the true essence of Islam and the correct personality of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Van Doorn described Fitna as a totally wrong movie which contained a lot of misleading and incorrect information that had nothing to do with the noble divine religion or its great Prophet (pbuh).

He said that since his arrival in this holy land, he has been living the best days of his life and he hoped that he could spend more time in Madinah to which he was determined to return after the completion of his Haj rites.

“I felt ashamed standing in front of the Prophet’s grave. I thought of the grave mistake which I had made by producing that sacrilegious film. I hope that Allah will forgive me and accept my repentance,” he said.

Van Doorn said he read a lot about Islam and regretted his erstwhile hostility to this great religion.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131018183961

Young man carries an elderly from Arafat to Mina

18 Oct 2013

It was a heart-warming gesture that best conveyed the true essence of the Qur’anic verse “All the faithful are brothers.”

Tweeters posted a photo of a non-Arab young man carrying an elderly Haji. The picture revealed that the young man wasn’t relat- ed to the older one. The young man said he carried him because “Islam teaches us to be like brothers to one another.”

The caption in the photo said one of the pilgrims wanted to commend the young man for doing the right thing to his father, but the young man said: “This isn’t my father, I found him alone in Arafat, so I carried him on my back to Muzdalifah and then to Mina,” said the young man. When asked why he did it, he merely said: “All the faithful are brothers.”

http://www.arabnews.com/news/468070

American rapper changes songs into supplication

18 October 2013

MADINAH — Famed American rapper George Green, who embraced Islam about two years ago and is called Ibrahim, has replaced his songs with Duaa (supplication) and Tahleel since he has set foot in the Kingdom to perform Haj.

"Unlike singing, I feel the greatness of God every time I do Duaa. I also have the satisfaction from feeling completely submissive to Allah," he said.

Ibrahim has been invited to the Haj by the Canadian Call (Dawah) Society and is being accompanied by the society's Chairman Shahzad Mohammed who prepared a complete program for him to visit a number of places in Makkah and Madinah.

Mohammed said his society was keen to invite famous stars who have embraced Islam to the Haj so as to spread the religion among their fans.

During his stay in Madinah, Ibrahim has met with the imam of the Prophet's Mosque Sheikh Salah Al-Bidair who advised him to make efforts to spread Islam and to convey its true image wherever he may be.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131018183889

Pilgrim fulfills pledge to serve his mother

19 Oct 2013

MINA — A Pakistani pilgrim has set a shining example of how a son can be grateful to his mother. He carried his old mother on his back at a brisk pace under the sun in order to get her to the train station. Other pilgrims admired Muhammad Amin for his service to his mother as he stormed his way through the crowds. Though Okaz reporter tried to talk to him, he did not reply as he was focused on his mission: getting his mother to a safe place from the sun.

The reporter followed Amin till the station, where Amin told him that his mother was sick and he was worried about her. “I have always wanted to serve my mother during Haj. My beloved mother went into coma right after she gave birth to me and almost died. Ever since my father told me that, I made a promise to carry her on my back during Haj, knowing for sure that I’d never be able to pay her for what she did for me.”

Amin came to the Kingdom few years ago and kept saving money in order to pay for his mother’s Haj.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131019183981

Pakistani man’s wish to die in holy sites comes true

19 Oct 2013

HOLY SITES — She was waiting for his return from stoning the Jamarat Wednesday evening. She was greatly concerned. She felt that something has taken place. That afternoon Adhra Izra, 60, was joking with her husband about death before he left for the Jamarat Bridge, where he had a heart attack and died after completing the stoning of the Jamarat. He was taken to Mina Al-Jisr Hospital where the doctors confirmed his death.

When his wife was informed of his death she fainted. She was taken to the same hospital. After a few hours she was released from the hospital to her country’s Haj camp where she received condolences on her husband’s death.

The doctor of the Haj group told Okaz/Saudi Gazette not to press her to speak on the incident so that her condition does not deteriorate. He said she was suffering from heart disease, blood pressure and diabetes.

Therefore, her brother narrated what happened. He said his brother-in-law had a wish to die in the holy sites. Allah accepted his supplication, so he died after stoning the three Jamarat on the first Tashreeq Day.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131019183982

Mother's ten-hour ordeal after losing daughter

19 Oct 2013

MINA — A mother lived through the most difficult ten hours of her life when she lost her daughter in Arafat on Oct 14. Neda’s mother and father kept searching for her among the sea of crowds to no avail. Her mother broke down and cried, thinking the unthinkable. They waited and waited for hours but could not find her even after pilgrims left Arafat and Muzdalifah. The next day, the father’s phone rang. He could not believe it when he heard the voice of his six-year-old daughter Neda at the other end telling him she was safe and sound at the center of lost children in Mina. Immediately, the father and mother headed straight to the center. They found Neda laughing and playing with female guides who found her and brought her to the center.

Neda’s father said he prostrated on the floor thanking Allah for returning his daughter. Maha Fetaihi, head of female guides, said all women took a year-long course on how to deal with lost children and serve pilgrims who lost their loved ones during Haj. “There are 16 ladies and a psychologist who deals with kids who get scared and cry because they are away from their parents.”

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131019183984

Blind Tunisian woman regains eyesight in Arafat

Nafeesa Al-Qurmazi

20 October 2013

HOLY SITES — After 18 months of living in complete darkness, a Tunisian woman pilgrim regained her eyesight while standing on Arafat at the climax of the Haj.

The 70-year-old Nafeesa Al-Qurmazi, mother of two boys and three girls, said she came to the Kingdom for Haj totally blind and is now going back to Tunisia with her full eyesight.

She lost her eyesight after she had a stroke about a year and a half ago. The doctors lost all hope that she would regain eyesight due to the severity of the stoke and her age.

"I have never lost hope in the providence of Allah. I kept praying to Him all the time to give me back my eyesight," she said.

Qurmazi said she decided to increase her Duaa (supplication) in Arafat and was sure that “Allah would not disappoint me. While doing the Duaa in Arafat I suddenly started to see. When the other pilgrims in my tent saw me crying with joy, they all started chanting Allahu Akbar," she said.

Qurmazi said all the way from Tunisia she had been cherishing one dream: To see the holy sites, Makkah and Madinah. "Thank God now I can see and walk anywhere without any assistance from anyone," she said.

She said she was overjoyed to see the pilgrims in Arafat, a scene she never expected to be true to her. "Allah has blessed me with my eyesight in the most sacred place on earth," she said.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20131020184082

770,000 sheep sacrificed during Haj

goats.png

A HAJ MUST: Sheep and goats await ritual sacrifice at a Mina slaughterhouse.

20 October 2013

A total of 770,000 sheep were sacrificed during this year's Haj, according to the Islamic Development Bank (IDB).

IDB Chairman Ahmad Mohamed Ali thanked pilgrims for supporting the bank's initiative to oversee the Haj animal sacrifice project, which is aimed at providing charity for needy people in the Kingdom and across the world.

In his remarks on the project’s website, www.adahi.org, he said the IDB allows Muslims from all over the world to get blessings from sacrificing animals.

Ali thanked Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah and other Saudi leaders for overseeing the project.

He called on Allah to accept the Haj of pilgrims and to protect them on their way home.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/468242

The Minbar of Masjid al-Haram

Mimber makkah.jpg

Until 1978 a traditional Minbar built from white marble, originating from the Ottoman period, was placed near the eastern corner of the Kaaba. As it was too big an obstacle for the increasing number of pilgrims, it had to be removed like other constructions from the courtyard of the Masjid al-Haram.

Subsequently a smaller, wooden Minbar was used as a mobile pulpit for the rendition of the weekly Friday sermon. In 2001 SL Rasch was assigned a contract for the design and manufacturing of a new Minbar. The challenge was to build it from marble, more than five meters high, but nevertheless mobile and to complete this complex structure in less than one year to be used in Ramadan 1423.

The body, made of white marble and partially reinforced by glass-fiber laminate, is carried on a stainless steel frame by a battery-driven steerable chassis.

mimber in masjid haram oct 2013.jpg

The Minbar in the Mataaf -October 2013

The side panels and railings, richly decorated with floral ornaments and turquoise stones in gilded bezels, were carved by traditional masters in Rajasthan, India, on the basis of drawings provided by SL Rasch.

mimber makkah close up.jpg

To save weight, some structural elements of the cladding such as the dome and its base profile are made of Corian®.

The space below the landing houses an airc onditioning system which provides cold air for the imam at his elevated seating. An adjustable support holds microphones for the transmission of the sermon, and a screen, allowing the reading of a stored text.

Dimensions: 3,2 x 1,8 m, height 5,9 m 
Weight: 5,5 t

Materials: Stainless steel frame; marble cladding with inlaid turquoise stones;

glass-fiber reinforced epoxylaminate for inner dome;

Corian® for the dome base and exterior.

Completion: 2002

Source

• Like 1

SubhaanAllah, Rasoolullah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam spoke the Truth:

It is narrated by Abdullah bin Umar that the Holy Prophet said:

“When the belly of Makkah will be cleft open and through it will be dug out river-like passages (i.e. tunnels) and the buildings of the Holy City of Makkah will rise higher than its mountains, when you observe these signs, then understand that the time of trial (Fitan) is near at hand.”

(Kitab al-Fitan (1:43 no. 59) and Fath al-Bari (Kitab al-Hajj)).

The buildings of the Holy City of Makkah
will rise higher than its mountains

the first building ...
375102_456596597759735_867657018_n.jpg

44442_466374986774391_1274761614_n.jpg

294863_10200848264344021_1911722370_n.jp

:sl:

It is narrated by Abdullah bin Umar that the Holy Prophet said:

“When the belly of Makkah will be cleft open and through it will be dug out river-like passages (i.e. tunnels) and the buildings of the Holy City of Makkah will rise higher than its mountains, when you observe these signs, then understand that the time of trial (Fitan) is near at hand.”

(Kitab al-Fitan (1:43 no. 59) and Fath al-Bari (Kitab al-Hajj)).

may  Allah  protects   us  from  all  evils

The 7 old Minarets of Masjid al Haram before Saudi Expansion

7 minarets of masjid haram.jpg

(Click on picture to enlarge)

1- منارة باب العمرة:

1- Minaret of Bab al Umrah

The first minaret of Masjid Haram built by the Abbasid Caliph: Abu Jafar al-Mansur

mak_84377907.jpg

2- منارة باب السلام:

2- Minaret of Bab as Salam

It is located in the north-east of Masjid Haram

mak_25055127.jpg

3- منارة باب علي

3- Minaret of Bab Ali

Built in the reign of Caliph Muhammad al-Mahdi

mak_85952978.jpg

4- منارة باب الوداع (الحزورة):

4- Minaret of Bab al Wadaa

Established at the time of Caliph Muhammad al-Mahdi when he expanded the Grand Mosque, in the year 771 AH

mak_89679320.jpg

5- منارة باب الزيادة

5- Minaret of Bab al Ziyadah

mak_37209453.jpg

6- منارة السلطان قايتباي

6- Minaret al Sultan Qaitbay

mak_29733325.jpg

7- منارة باب المحكمة (السلطان سليمان خان

7- Minaret of Bab al Mahkama

mak_34750467.jpg

Source

Posted by Roukaya19 on Muftisays.com

Unification of the Four Musallaahs (Prayer Stations) of the Haram in Makkah

Before the prayers were united behind one Imam, there used to be different prayer stations in the Haram, one for each Imam of the four Schools of Jurisprudence, Imams Malik, Ash-Shafi'ee, Ahmed bin Hanbal and Abu Hanifah (Rahmatullaahi ''alayhim). At each of tehse stations there was an Imam who would lead the people in prayer.

The Adhaan would be given once however the prayers at each station would be done at different times starting with the first prayer at the station of Imam Ahmed. After it was over, the prayer at the station of Imam Ash-Shafi'ee would commence followed by Imam Malik and finally at the station of Imam Abu Hanifah. 

This arrangement was set up by the Ottomans and continued until the time of King 'Abdul-'Aziz bin 'Abdur Rahman Al-Saud. (History of Makkah - Saifur Rahman Mubarakpuri)

Each Prayer station was not only for the Prayers but also indicated the circle of learning of one of the four Sunni Schools taught in the Haram as per the many old illustrations and photographs of the Haram showing the structures housing the teaching circles to that effect.

four madhaahib corners around kabah pic.png 

South African Scholar Invited to Wash the Holy Ka'ba

Faizel Patel, Radio Islam News, 2013-11-15

A renowned scholar of Darul Uloom Zakariyya, in Zakariyya Park south of Johannesburg has been honoured with the auspicious task of washing the interior of the holy Ka’ba in Makkatul Mukarramah, Saudi Arabia.

The scholar who wants to remain anonymous said the invitation was bestowed upon him by a member of the Shaybi family of Saudi Arabia who have been honoured with the gate keeping of the holy Ka’ba for generations and entrusted with the keys to its gates.

The honourable scholar will depart for Saudi Arabia on Sunday (17 November) to fulfill this most auspicious task that some can only dream about.

“It’s a great honour, may Allah grant me the taufiq (ability) and make it a means of forgiveness Insha’Allah (if Allah wills) said the scholar.”

The interior of the Holy Ka’ba is washed twice a year — in Muharram and Shaaban, the first and ninth months of the Hijrah calendar.

The keys to the Baituallah (The house of Allah) are held by the Banī Shayba tribe. Members of the tribe greet visitors to the inside of the Kaaba on the occasion of the cleaning ceremony.

A small number of dignitaries and foreign diplomats are invited to participate in the ceremony. The governor of Makkah leads the honoured guests who ritually clean the Ka’ba using simple brooms.

The washing ritual of the Ka’ba begins with the performance of two raka’hs salaah (prayer) inside the Ka'ba. The interior walls will then be cleaned with rose, oud and musk perfumes using white cloth. Zamzam water mixed with rose perfume will then be splashed on the floor and then wiped with bare hands and palm leaves.

“The cleaning of the Ka’ba is an act of deep worship,” said Omar al-Midwahi of Makkah, the deputy editor of Al-Watan newspaper and a witness to several washings. “Words cannot describe the intensity of emotions a person experiences in the exact place where prophets have stood.”

Saleh al-Shaybi, the deputy gatekeeper said that it takes the equivalent of about 5 gallons (19 litres) of Persian rosewater mixed into about 47 gallons (178 litres) of water to clean the interior. The water is brought from Zamzam, a holy well near the Ka’ba.

He said the ritual usually takes an hour.

The Ka’ba, which is located inside the sprawling Haram Masjid complex, is central to Islam as Muslims all over the world face it while performing daily salaah (prayer)

Al-Shaibi given new Ka'bah key

new key to kabah given.jpg

19 November 2013

Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal on Monday handed over the new keys of the Holy Kaaba (House of God) to Sheikh Abdul Qader Al-Shaibi, its chief guardian.

The newly built lock was fixed on the Kaaba following the ceremonial washing of the House of God on Monday under the leadership of Prince Khaled.

The lock and key were made of nickel and polished by 18-carat gold.

The Muslim testimony to faith is written on the front side of the lock and an attribution of donation to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques on the back.

Inscribed on the sides is: King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, 1434H, verse 97 from the Quranic chapter entitled Al-Maida and verse 96 of the chapter entitled Al-Imran.

The Presidency for the Two Holy Mosques’ Affairs supervised the making of the new lock and key at King Abdul Aziz City of Science and Technology in Riyadh.

Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, head of the presidency, thanked the Saudi leadership for its support. The old lock and key would be preserved at the Two Holy Mosques Exhibition, he said.

Prince Khaled, accompanied by top officials, earlier washed the Kaaba using Zamzam water mixed with rose water. He was greeted upon arrival by Sheikh Sudais and his deputy, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Khuzaim. The ceremony was attended by Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, Makkah Mayor Osama Al-Bar, Deputy Makkah Gov. Abdul Aziz Al-Khodairy, Deputy Haj Minister Hatim Qadi and several Muslim diplomats.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/479736

Posted by Roukaya19 on muftisays.com

Old and New Lock of The Kaaba

new and old key of kabah.jpg

Haramain High Speed Rail

map haramain train.jpg

The project to connect the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah, cradle of the Muslim faith, is the biggest international contract ever obtained by Spanish companies.

The Hispano-Saudi consortium forming the Al Shoula Group, presided over by Ineco, is building the new high speed corridor which will cross the coastal and desert regions of Saudi Arabia, linking Makkah and Madinah.

http://www.ineco.es/webineco/en/hara...makkah-madinah