IslamicTeachings.org

Short Inspiring Reminders For Sisters

ummtaalib

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"With my veil I put my faith on display – rather than my beauty. My value as a human is defined by my relationship with God, not by my looks. I cover the irrelevant. And when you look at me, you don’t see a body. You view me only for what I am: a servant of my Creator.

You see, as a Muslim woman, I’ve been liberated from a silent kind of bondage. I don’t answer to the slaves of God on earth. I answer to their King"

Yasmin Mogahed

نِعمَ النَّساءُ نِساءُ الأنصار لـَم يَمنَعهُنَّ الحَيَاءُ أنْ يَتَفَقَّهْنَ فِي الدِّين“

Translation:

The best women are the women of the Ansār, for their modesty does not prevent them from learning about their religion.

Aisha bint Abu Bakr RA
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Your most valuable assets are your inner beauty, your innocence, and everything that makes you who you are. But I notice that some Muslim women push the limit and try to be as Western as possible, even while wearing a veil (with some of their hair showing). Why imitate women who already regret, or will soon regret, their lost virtue? There is no compensation for that loss. You are flawless diamonds. Don’t let them trick you into becoming rhinestones. Because everything you see in the fashion magazines and on Western television is a lie. It is Satan’s trap. It is fool’s gold.

Joanna Francis

Writer, Journalist – USA

• Like 1

A woman’s heart is the same everywhere. We love. That’s what we do best. We nurture our families and give comfort and strength to the men we love. But we American women have been fooled into believing that we are happiest having careers, our own homes in which to live alone, and freedom to give our love away to whomever we choose. That is not freedom. And that is not love. Only in the safe haven of marriage can a woman’s body and heart be safe to love.

Joanna Francis

Writer, Journalist – USA

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Sayyidah Aasiyah (Rahmatullahi Alayha) and the Persecution of Firawn

Sayyidah Aasiyah (Rahmatullahi Alayha) was the wife of Fir’awn who had brought Imaan on Hadhrat Moosa (Alayhis Salaam). Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) narrates that Fir’awn had pegged both her hands and feet into the ground with nails and left her in the scorching heat. He had not yet completed doing this when the angels formed a shade over her. At this point she supplicated,

رَبِّ ابْنِ لِي عِندَكَ بَيْتًا فِي الْجَنَّةِ

O my Lord, build for me a house by You in Paradise.

She had witnessed her heavenly abode as she drew her last breaths in this world. (Final Moments of the Pious pg. 91)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

It was said to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her): Which type of woman is best? She said: The one who does not know about saying bad things, and she is not crafty like men; her focus is on adorning herself for her husband and taking care of her family.

[Muhaadaraat al-Udaba’ by ar-Raaghib al-Asfahaani (1/410); ‘Uyoon al-Akhbaar by Ibn Qutaybah (1/375).]

• 10 months later...