IslamicTeachings.org

Quotable Quotes - Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat

ummtaalib

• 1 month later...

The good we are doing is not proof of our concern for the hereafter. Proof is finding fear in our hearts after sinning; that I have done something wrong and will be punished for it. Do we find this within ourselves?

If we do not worry about the hereafter, we will be doomed after we die.

Merely living with this dream that Allah ta'ālā will forgive us is foolishness. Allah ta'laa is also Raaziq (the Sustainer) but we still toil and work for our sustenance. Similarly Allah is Gafoor (the Forgiver) and Raheem (the Merciful) but for that person who strives through good actions and repenting sincerely.

• 4 months later...

Defend Yourself

“What would you do if someone attacked you in the street? Would you just stand there and take the pain or would you fight back and defend yourself? You would definitely defend yourself.

The same should be the case with Shayṭān; when he attacks you, you must fight back. Use the self-defence of willpower and protect yourself from spiritual injury.”

Shaykh.org

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ulama Deoband: we keep talking about them, why?

Whatever we have gained we have gained through them. They were the epitome of a'maal (Deeds) according to the Qur'an and Sunnah and they sacrificed all to establish it. Since we have gained everything from them therefore we know only them.

That does not mean we do not acknowledge others. For example I will make tazkirah (Mention) of my father the most, more than my grandfather or great grandfather. This does not mean I have no connection with my grandfather and grandfather but the connection with my father is the strongest.

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat (Hafizahullah)

• 3 months later...

Utilising means other than the dhikr of Allāh ta'ālā to acquire peace of heart is akin to brushing your difficulties under the carpet. The unease, despite being masked, is still there.

It is just like being under anaesthetic; as soon as you ‘wake up’ you will realise that the pain has not gone away

at-tazkiyah

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

“Islam needs you to become its ambassador by being a good Muslim

and, through your character and conduct, help correct the misunderstandings that exist about Islam.

Become a shining example for all, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.”

Shaykh Mawlānā Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullāh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...