IslamicTeachings.org

Beautiful Sunnats of Beloved Nabi Salallaahu Alayhi Wasallam

ummtaalib

قُلْ اِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّوْنَ اللهَ فَاتَّبِعُوْنِىْ يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوْبَكُمْ

“Say if you love Allah, follow me –
Allah will love you and forgive your sins” (3:31)

The sunnat (way) of our beloved Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam is the second fundamental source of Islam. It embodies the entire pattern of the life of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam and includes every detail containing his actions, words, conduct etc. which has been reported to us in the vast collection of Ahaadeeth. In the sunnat of our Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam lies a fountain of divinely guided wisdom and a perfect way of life. In all its aspects including such personal habits as eating, drinking and sleeping, lies the key to success and everlasting bliss.

Much reward has been promised for a courageous Muslim who, in a time of mischief and trial, when sunnat is being mocked at and when practices of non Muslims are held in high esteem, revives a sunnat of our beloved Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam. Confirming this our Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam said:

“That person who loves my sunnat loves me, and he will be with me in Jannah” (Tirmithi)

The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam stands exalted amongst all of Allah’s creation as he was endowed with perfection in all his qualities as confirmed by His Lord:

وانك لعلى خلق عظيم

“And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character" (68:4)

By following his way, one not only reaches a higher level of humanity and servitude to Allah but proves his/her love for our Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam as it is the sign of a lover to imitate the beloved.

With a little effort one can enrich one’s life with the divinely guided sunnats. A little thought applied to one’s daily necessary actions can change these mundane acts of eating, drinking, and even relieving one’s self into acts of worship which will become a means of attaining the garden of Allah’s mercy and His everlasting pleasure!

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...