IslamicTeachings.org

Why Allah Sent Prophets And Messengers ?

SAFAH

Bismillah.

Why Allah sent Prophets and Messengers ?

Ever since people innovated the dogma of joining others in worship along with Allah, Allah had been sending Prophets and Messengers to His devotees in order to invite them to the worship of Allah and Allah Alone, to order them not to ascribe partners unto Him and bring them out of the darkness of polytheism and into the light of Monotheism. All the Prophets preached the belief in the Oneness of Allah. The following verses from the Noble Qur’an illustrate this fact:

“Indeed, We sent Nooh (Noah) to his people and he said: ‘O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but him. (Laa ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah). Certainly, I fear for you the torment of a great Day!’” (Al-A’araaf, The Heights 7:59)

“And to ‘Aad (people, We sent) their brother Hood. He said: ‘O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but Him. (Laa ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah). Will you not fear (Allah)?’” (Al-A’araaf, The Heights 7:65)

“And to (the people of) Madyaan (Midian), (We sent) their brother Shu’ayb. He said: ‘O my People! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but Him. (Laa ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah). Verily, a clear proof (sign) from your Lord has come unto you, so give full measure and full weight and wrong not men in their things, and do not make mischief on the earth after it has been set in order, that will be better for you, if you are believers.’” (Al-A’araaf, The Heights 7:85)

“And to Thamood (people, We sent) their brother Saalih. He said: ‘O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but Him. (Laa ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).’” (Al-A’araaf, The Heights 7:73)

“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone) and avoid (or keep away from) Taaghoot (all false deities etc. do not worship Taaghoots besides Allah).” (An-Nahl, The Bee 16:36)

Every Prophet was sent unto his own nation for their guidance, but the Message of Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam – peace be upon him) was general for all mankind and jinn (a being created from smokeless flames).

“Say [O Muhammad (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)]: ‘O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.’” (Al-A’araaf, The Heights 7:158)

So the aim of sending these Prophets and Messengers to mankind and jinn was only that they should worship Allah Alone, as Allah said:

“And I (Allah) created not the jinn and men except they should worship Me (Alone)” (Adh-Dhaariyaat, The Winds that Scatter 51:56)

And to worship Allah means to obey Him and to do all that He has ordained, – and to fear Him by abstaining from all that He has forbidden. Then those who will obey Allaah will be rewarded in Paradise, and those who will disobey Him will be punished in the Hell-fire.