IslamicTeachings.org

Book Of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz)

SAFAH

Bismillah.

Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz) –Reflections from Surah Hadeed

This verse is about how all matters are already inscribed in Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz (Book of Decrees) and the advice of the prophet how to get out of calamities and about the Book of Decrees.

written-down-Allah_thumb.jpg

“No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-mahfuz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah.” (Quran, Surah Hadid: 22)[/indent]

The prophet (S.A.W.S.) said:

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas, Once I was behind the Prophet and he said: "O boy, I will teach you a few words:

• Be loyal and obedient to Allâh [worship Him (Alone)], remember Him always, obey His Orders. He will save you from every evil and will take care of you in all the spheres of life.
  • Be loyal and obedient to Allâh, you will find Him near (in front of you) i.e. He will respond to your requests.
  • If you ask, ask Allâh.
  • If you seek help, seek help from Allâh.
  • Know that if all the people get together in order to benefit you with something, they will not be able to benefit you in anything except what Allâh has decreed for you. And if they all get together in order to harm you with something, they will not be able to harm you in anything except what Allâh has decreed for you.
  • The pens have stopped writings [Divine (Allâh’s) Preordainments]. And (the ink over) the papers (Book of Decrees) has dried."

[This Hadith is quoted in Sahih At-Tirmidhi].

Source: Quran Tafsir by Mohsin Khan of Surah Al-Hadid